Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2007, 11:30   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Bank Charges

This is getting silly.

I've just given you some nice green karma, to make up for whoever gave you the negative karma.

Have a good day.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2007, 11:31   #92
Resident Waffler

Couldn't have been me because I've been out, although I was here before I went.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 11:33   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I hope you aren't suggesting it's from me Sherlock? It's someone who has given you bad karma by the way, not that the post was reported.

I presume it was given to you this morning, but if you'd have shown a little initiative you could have hovered your cursor over my name and would have seen that I hadn't been online since thirteen minutes past midnight early this morning.

Back to the drawing board as to who gave you bad karma.
Why would I think it was you? I know who it was

Before you jump in with both feet mind you don't fall on your head again

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 11:55   #94
God Member

Quote:
This is getting silly.

I've just given you some nice green karma, to make up for whoever gave you the negative karma.

Have a good day.
Thank you kind Sir.

I worked hard for that one

Old 28-06-2007, 17:27   #95

Out of interest you have said that you have run 3 businesses, what line of work were you involved in.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 17:36   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Out of interest you have said that you have run 3 businesses, what line of work were you involved in.
Not in open forum..............I will PM you with details

Old 28-06-2007, 20:05   #97
Resting in peace

Do not let it put you off Royboy 39, I for one and I know if the members did not like your threads, they would not respond to them, keep up the good work and enjoy the forum.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 21:06   #98
Give, give, give member

How this thread slipped through the nominations process, for an Accy Web award, is beyond me.

Old 26-05-2008, 23:06   #99
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bank Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
My wife has had notification this morning from The Halifax bank that a cheque drawn on her account has been sent back and a charge of £39.00 has been levied.
The account would have been overdrawn by 6p.
Our pension goes into this bank every Monday.
My wife has spoken to a representative of the bank about these charges and they refuse point blank to credit the account with the charges.
I believe this is robbery and a very easy way to make money for nothing?
I have been keeping up to speed with the current court cases that are going on at the moment about bank charges but it seems that these vultures are going to get away with it unless the government stand on their toes.
The lobby for banks in Westminster is very strong and I would like to know
(I doubt if I ever will) When the banks are going to be brought in line by the government?
In the good old days when people wrote cheques I would deduct the amount from my balance upon issuing a cheque. That way I always knew how much was available to be used and took no notice of what the actual balance was because I knew that sooner or later the cheque would be presented.

It worked for me.
Old 26-05-2008, 23:27   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
In the good old days when people wrote cheques I would deduct the amount from my balance upon issuing a cheque. That way I always knew how much was available to be used and took no notice of what the actual balance was because I knew that sooner or later the cheque would be presented.

It worked for me.
Just for the record...that bank charge was refunded and classed as a gesture in good faith.
In the good old day's I had a five thousands pounds cushion.....my Mrs Meldrew did not because we thought it was not needed. Being in the same bank, the funds were there to transfer without question from my account in my name to that of my wife.

I will explain that to you Jim because I think you are a free thinking person who does not wish to score brownie points

Old 27-05-2008, 12:54   #101
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bank Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Just for the record...that bank charge was refunded and classed as a gesture in good faith.
In the good old day's I had a five thousands pounds cushion.....my Mrs Meldrew did not because we thought it was not needed. Being in the same bank, the funds were there to transfer without question from my account in my name to that of my wife.

I will explain that to you Jim because I think you are a free thinking person who does not wish to score brownie points
Happy to hear that the bank charge was refunded.
Old 27-05-2008, 13:17   #102
God Member

Oi! that was my bonus that was!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 23:08   #103
Loz

Have had great dealings with Halifax. Cheques are very difficult to keep track of, so I'm glad you got the charges refunded. Would definately, like some, recommend getting an overdraft, a great safety net that costs nowt
Old 06-11-2008, 23:27   #104
Give, give, give member

This thread has become a classic, much loved, read.

It would make a fine Sunday evening television programme, if the B.B.C. cared to adapt it.

I am going to audition for the part of poor Tiny Tim.

'God bless you, each and every one.'

Old 10-02-2009, 19:33   #105
God Member

Quote:
This thread has become a classic, much loved, read.

It would make a fine Sunday evening television programme, if the B.B.C. cared to adapt it.

I am going to audition for the part of poor Tiny Tim.

'God bless you, each and every one.'

I use the last post in this thread to explain to members who have recently joined how a thread can be used as a tool to insult and try to humiliate a fellow member of the forum by refering to 'Bounced Cheques' and 'Mrs Meldrew' on several occasions since this thread was introduced as a rant and nothing else.

Only last night one of your illustrious councillors refered to the thread again in the hope of embarrasing me and my wife.

Let us put this in the right prospective.....I am retired from full time employment, I have never been out of employment in my life either employed or self employed and my stamps are fully paid up.

I dont owe a penny to anyone nor do I intend to for what life I have left nor does my wife and I put this on open forum and if anyone can prove me wrong I invite them to do so.

I live in Spain overlooking the Med in a two bedroomed apartment with my wife and enjoy visits from my family, One who lives in Clayton and the other in Darwen, hence my interest in Hyndburn and Darwen affairs.

I have been accused of not listening to advice. What I posted was a rant as I thought we were being ripped off and I still think so.

I always thought Simple Simon met the Pieman, I did not know the Pieman was simple as well until now.

For the other one, Cheap shot councillor....hope your churlishness gets you votes at the next election.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..