Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 01:48   #166
God Member

Re: Brand/ross 'prank'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Ross OUT!
Very mature.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2008, 05:37   #167
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Brand/ross 'prank'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Very mature.
Just as mature as those people who side with Brand and Ross.

It’s called voicing an opinion.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09   #168
God Member

My opinion on this is that he WOULD sue but they can hardly prove that she DIDN'T sleep with Brand

I think they were having a bit of a laugh and they just let it get out of hand. I do find Russell Brand funny but I didn't used to. I don't find Jonathan Ross funny though.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19   #169
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
My opinion on this is that he WOULD sue but they can hardly prove that she DIDN'T sleep with Brand

I think they were having a bit of a laugh and they just let it get out of hand. I do find Russell Brand funny but I didn't used to. I don't find Jonathan Ross funny though.
I'm sorry blazey, but your missing the point, and as somebody who is studying law you of all people should know, its not the content of the call that they made, its the fact that they made to call at all, and on a radio program that was for public consumption, they even broke to law of the land, whether the content was true or not, it was an offence
Old 02-11-2008, 10:10   #170
Give, give, give member

According to today's Sunday Times in a later call, that wasn't broadcast, Ross and Brand left a message saying they would masterbate 78 year old Andrew Sachs, as a way of 'saying sorry' for what they'd said in earlier calls.

How utterly hilarious.

I'm so glad my licence fee is being used to fund Jonathan Ross's £18 million pound B.B.C. contract.

He's a comedy genius...NOT!

Last edited by garinda; 02-11-2008 at 10:16.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
According today's Sunday Times in a later call, that wasn't broadcast, Ross and Brand left a message saying they would masterbate 78 year old Andrew Sachs, as a way of 'saying sorry' for what they'd said in earlier calls.

!
Blimey if that had been broadcast the country would have had a collective heart attack,considering the furore the other messages caused.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:22   #172
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Blimey if that had been broadcast the country would have had a collective heart attack,considering the furore the other messages caused.
Broadcast or not, I've had to sack people who've done far less offensive things than that whilst at work.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:12   #173
Resting in Peace

Quote:
According to today's Sunday Times in a later call, that wasn't broadcast, Ross and Brand left a message saying they would masterbate 78 year old Andrew Sachs, as a way of 'saying sorry' for what they'd said in earlier calls.

How utterly hilarious.

I'm so glad my licence fee is being used to fund Jonathan Ross's £18 million pound B.B.C. contract.

The thing that is more annoying is the fact that the BBC can pay this nomark that kind of money, money that wouldn't be paid by any commercial station, to me thats a fare bigger scandle
Old 02-11-2008, 21:19   #174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

How utterly hilarious.

that reinforces what i fer 1 already think, they aint 1 bit sorry fer the offence caused, just sorry about there own loss.
Old 02-11-2008, 21:26   #175
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Perhaps no one complained because very few people actually listen to Russel Brand's show.
Nonsense. As I've said before why would the BBC put anyone on a highly paid contract in a primetime show when 'very few people listen to his show'?
The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at. Everyone wants to be heard above everyone else. Everyone wants to be more offended than the last.
Old 02-11-2008, 21:46   #176
Super Moderator

Quote:
The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at.
What a contemptuous view you have of the public, if you think that. The fact is, people have seen accounts in a number of different papers about the puerile garbage that these two left on Andrew Sach's answerphone and made up their own mind about it. And, the fact is, a large number of people don't like paying the wages of a couple of thoroughly unpleasant creeps who think it's funny to bully and humiliate a gentle 78-year old man.
Old 02-11-2008, 22:22   #177
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What a contemptuous view you have of the public, if you think that. The fact is, people have seen accounts in a number of different papers about the puerile garbage that these two left on Andrew Sach's answerphone and made up their own mind about it. And, the fact is, a large number of people don't like paying the wages of a couple of thoroughly unpleasant creeps who think it's funny to bully and humiliate a gentle 78-year old man.
that view yer on about, seems to have drastically altered, now the guys n academic, or is that just cynical me?
Old 02-11-2008, 22:41   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that view yer on about, seems to have drastically altered, now the guys n academic, or is that just cynical me?
Expected more from you cashman, really.

The facts speak for themselves regarding the amount of complaints made before/after press release. It really is a sad state.
Old 02-11-2008, 22:45   #179
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Expected more from you cashman, really.

The facts speak for themselves regarding the amount of complaints made before/after press release. It really is a sad state.
yeh would have got more from me shaker, yer musical taste saved ya,
Old 02-11-2008, 22:58   #180
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nonsense. As I've said before why would the BBC put anyone on a highly paid contract in a primetime show when 'very few people listen to his show'?
The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at. Everyone wants to be heard above everyone else. Everyone wants to be more offended than the last.
We pay our licence fee, and therefore the salaries of every B.B.C. employee, and are entitled to an opinion, whether we saw or listened to any particular broadcast or not.

I haven't personally seen the war in Iraq, but I still have an opinion on it.

Jonathan Ross isn't in the B.B.C.'s top ten rated programmes, either on television or radio. His salary far outweighs his talent, or the number of viewrs/listeners he pulls in.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..