Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 23:01   #181
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Brand/ross 'prank'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The facts speak for themselves regarding the amount of complaints made before/after press release. It really is a sad state.
All that shows is that people who did not hear it think it is wrong.

Do you think what they did was acceptable?
Old 02-11-2008, 23:06   #182
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nonsense. As I've said before why would the BBC put anyone on a highly paid contract in a primetime show when 'very few people listen to his show'?
The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at. Everyone wants to be heard above everyone else. Everyone wants to be more offended than the last.
As I've said three times now, come on, post the telephone number of an elderly relative of your's, and we'll arrange for someone to call them up from work, and have a real laugh with them talking about your personal life.

If for some unbelievable reason they don't get the 'joke', the person will call them back and offer to masterbate them.

The number you want called is................................?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 23:15   #183
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nonsense. As I've said before why would the BBC put anyone on a highly paid contract in a primetime show when 'very few people listen to his show'?
The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at. Everyone wants to be heard above everyone else. Everyone wants to be more offended than the last.

...and for another thing you've totally misread the view of the general public over this fiasco, and overestimated the power of the press, especially the best selling non-red top tabloid, the Daily Mail.

If the Daily Mail really had that much sway over public opinion we wouldn't have had a Labour government for the past eleven years.

Old 02-11-2008, 23:18   #184
Give, give, give member

No telephone numbers yet?

Damn, and I'm feeling so cutting edge hilarious at the moment.

Oh well, I can wait.

A good joke's always worth the wait.

Old 02-11-2008, 23:51   #185
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Becareful with the phone calls you make mate.
The last crank phone call we had to our house got its sender 4 years in prison
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10   #186

Quote:
...The fact is that it's a terrible state of affairs in this country where we (the general public) let a group of faceless journalists working for a toilet-paper-worthy rag such as the Daily Mail decide what we are offended at...
The purpose of news media is to make us aware of events we'd otherwise be ignorant of. The disparity between complaints before and after the papers got hold of it isn't really relevant. Is it wrong to be offended by something you weren't privy to firsthand?

I have no love of newspapers generally, never mind the tabloids- but this is one instance where there is no way to dress it up with either a negative or a positive spin: The audio, poor-quality video and transcript speak for themselves. Everyone can make up their own mind, they don't need a newspaper to do it for them.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:01   #187
God Member

[quote=garinda;646846If the Daily Mail really had that much sway over public opinion we wouldn't have had a Labour government for the past eleven years.[/quote]

And only half the population we have now
Old 03-11-2008, 08:43   #188
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Becareful with the phone calls you make mate.
The last crank phone call we had to our house got its sender 4 years in prison
Exactly.

Besides, I couldn't do it, not being a comedy genius myself, but I'm sure we must have a wag on this forum, who could carry out the 'joke' to the high standard set by Ross and Brand.

Defenders of comedy freedom, the number of your elderly relative you'd like called is
_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by garinda; 03-11-2008 at 08:45.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:22   #189
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Exactly.

Besides, I couldn't do it, not being a comedy genius myself, but I'm sure we must have a wag on this forum, who could carry out the 'joke' to the high standard set by Ross and Brand.

Defenders of comedy freedom, the number of your elderly relative you'd like called is
_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _
The thing is Randi, when any one has to resort to personal abuse of another person, in the name of comedy, can't be classed as a comedian, and to pay them £6 million a year to do it, shows just how much the licence fee we pay every year is being totally abused. Not only that there are also those so-called executives at the Beeb that receive far in excess of what the Prime Minister gets for running the country, tells me its time the licence fee was scraped and that the BBC made to raise its own funds like the other channels do, then the likes of Ross and Brand will get the kind of fees their talent warrants, peanuts, well that's what they give performing monkeys
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The thing is Randi

Old 03-11-2008, 09:44   #191
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
The problem is I can't even blame that on my laptop key board, that must be my deliberate mistake for this week
Old 03-11-2008, 09:59   #192
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post

ROFLMAO!!!! Hes gonna love that one, randi rindi
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:29   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The thing is Randi

That's your best ever typo, Jaysay!
Old 03-11-2008, 16:02   #194
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

That's your best ever typo, Jaysay!
Who said it was a typo Lilly
Old 03-11-2008, 16:35   #195
God Member

it had me laughing for ages, nice one j

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..