Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2007, 23:48   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Cards and Decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
was in the local Post Office the other day and the clerk asked if I wanted any "Holiday" stamps ....said yes ,I'll take a roll of 'baby Jesus' stamps , then she asked me if I didn't want some Hannukah stamps , she seemed a bit confused when I said I didn't think so since they were the ones who killed baby Jesus
guess i wasn't feeling very ecumenical on that day
I thought it was the Romans, who killed the then thirty three year old Baby Jesus?

Nasty old Herod missed him.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2007, 23:50   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
You don't need to post it anyway, can pick it up

Oh yeah and if you don't know by now it's lesley not leslie, you never will dearest gary!!!!!!!!!
Lol.

Noted and edited.

I get you mixed up with the person who was in Airplane.

Old 19-11-2007, 23:51   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I thought it was the Romans, who killed the then thirty three year old Baby Jesus?

Nasty old Herod missed him.
guess you missed the Mel Gibson movie
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 23:51   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
and there still at it, they killed the jocks on sat.
Old 19-11-2007, 23:52   #20
God Member

Quote:
Lol.

Noted and edited.

I get you mixed up with the person who was in Airplane.
That's cos I'm so damn hysterical

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 23:52   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
That's cos I'm so damn hysterical

...and you drive like your flying a jet.

Old 20-11-2007, 08:32   #22
Resting in Peace

anything that makes the world a brighter place, if only for a few weeks is fine by me.... you never know one year the world may just find or remember the true meaning of Christmas...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 08:45   #23
God Member

Each year we have a minor conflict about when the tree and decorations go up. I personally would like everything to go up on Christmas Eve (make it a big festive event, put the tree out and pressies under it then put stuff out for Santa etc) and Chris would like them to go up at the beginning of December - no point asking the kids because they want them up some time in September. So, every year I hold out for as long as is possible with Chris and the kids bugging me to be allowed to put everything up. We end up compromising when I've finally had enough of the pressure!

As for cards - I think you should only send them to people that you're not giving presents to or likely to see. I also feel the same way about birthday cards - it's nice if someone doesn't give you a pressie if they remember your birthday with a card but why bother if your handing something over?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 08:50   #24
Senior Member+

I'm not happy about xmas as i used to be years ago, now im only happy because my son is growing and cant wait his face when he opens his xmas presents.
I get fed up with xmas before the day arrives because people starts very early with decorations and buying presents and all that.
I remember my mum never used to put the xmas tree up until 5 or 6 days before xmas, we used to live our xmas tree up till january the 7th because is bad luck to take it before (aparently).
I get very sad at xmas because i wish i could be with my family, yeah i know i made the choice to come to live to england but that doesnt mean i cant miss them.
Anyway,xmas for me now is more for my son, cant wait to see his little face when he opens his presents
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 08:53   #25
Senior Member+

Everyone seems to be loosing the christmas spirit Its all good fun , its nice to decorate your house for christmas and to all as a family decorate the tree! And cards are also a good gesture at christmas it take only takes a few hours to write them and a few hours to deliver them and some people apprechiate them very much. Cumon people get into the spirit

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 09:54   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
I'm not happy about xmas as i used to be years ago, now im only happy because my son is growing and cant wait his face when he opens his xmas presents.
I get fed up with xmas before the day arrives because people starts very early with decorations and buying presents and all that.
I remember my mum never used to put the xmas tree up until 5 or 6 days before xmas, we used to live our xmas tree up till january the 7th because is bad luck to take it before (aparently).
I get very sad at xmas because i wish i could be with my family, yeah i know i made the choice to come to live to england but that doesnt mean i cant miss them.
Anyway,xmas for me now is more for my son, cant wait to see his little face when he opens his presents
is it not left till jan 7th,cos thats after the festival of the 3 Kings? yolanda.
Old 20-11-2007, 10:32   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is it not left till jan 7th,cos thats after the festival of the 3 Kings? yolanda.

Decorations should actually be taken down by January the sixth, otherwise known as Epiphany, or Twelfth Night.

The 7th of January is known as my birthday, or in Cahy's case the day he has to remember to buy a birthday card for his Missus.

Old 20-11-2007, 11:16   #28
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Cards and Decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeah i guess so but why do they say is bad luck, i dont know i guess it has been many years since i celebrated the 3 kings
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 12:07   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Yeah i guess so but why do they say is bad luck, i dont know i guess it has been many years since i celebrated the 3 kings
shame its been a while, the spanish celebrate it proper.
Old 20-11-2007, 12:11   #30
God Member

Quote:
GarindaThe 7th of January is known as my birthday, or in Cahy's case the day he has to remember to buy a birthday card for his Missus.
With your birthday being on the same day he won't be allowed to forget

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..