Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 19:30   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Child Killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
when we get out
...and there lies the rub; he knows perfectly well they'll do their time, be well-fed, have access to a gym, TV, computer and all mod cons. Then after a ludicrously inadequate sentence, they'll be let out and possibly even be given a new identity, paid for by us, to protect them from the righteous indignation of the general public. That's British "justice" for you.
KiTChener and BERNADETTE like this.
Old 03-04-2013, 20:04   #17

I'm just watching the documentary on ITVPlayer, I hardly watch anything but this has caught my attention.What a horrible,disgusting creature
Old 03-04-2013, 20:13   #18
Beacon of light

Jen...I like your understated way of describing this person.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 20:58   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I'm just watching the documentary on ITVPlayer, I hardly watch anything but this has caught my attention.What a horrible,disgusting creature
I watched the program as well, i must admit it shocked me.What sort of a person could even contemplate doing that to his family?
For what at the end of the day was an evil sick attempt at one upmanship.He is a total piece of **** who should, along with his sick and twisted menagerie of apostles be wiped from the earth as slowly and painfully as possible.This man ( i use that term in the loosest possible way) will never bring anything of value to society ,whilst expecting the state to provide whatever his black heart desires . If they are looking for volunteers to assist with teaching this creature (thx sugarmouse for that term) the error of his ways i would gladly offer my expertise i would even pay for the pleasure of five minuets alone with IT.
Old 03-04-2013, 23:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I watched the program as well, i must admit it shocked me.What sort of a person could even contemplate doing that to his family?
For what at the end of the day was an evil sick attempt at one upmanship.He is a total piece of **** who should, along with his sick and twisted menagerie of apostles be wiped from the earth as slowly and painfully as possible.This man ( i use that term in the loosest possible way) will never bring anything of value to society ,whilst expecting the state to provide whatever his black heart desires . If they are looking for volunteers to assist with teaching this creature (thx sugarmouse for that term) the error of his ways i would gladly offer my expertise i would even pay for the pleasure of five minuets alone with IT.

It shocked me too.I feel as if it shouldn't have done, I'm hardly naive to all the sick crimes that go on compared to anyone else, but there's something extra shocking about him- someone who craves fame and notoriety as he does,yet can exercise that extent of sociopathy.

Also regards the fire, they think he meant for all the children to be in the back bedroom when the fire spread, so that his ladder could reach them,but they weren't, is that to remain a mystery?

Given his history of violence and aggression-should he have even been allowed around children? Shouldn't something have been done? But then that sort of issue is around us every day-he's not the only one like that.

Before all this I'd never heard of him but he's been on a few TV programmes it seems.
Old 04-04-2013, 00:46   #21
God Member

this sack of crap will be sat in his cell wondering how he can make money seeling his story when he gets out to the sun or something and not contemplating the error of his ways at all.

i would like to think that no newspaper or magazine would touch him but sadly they will probbably trip over each other to get his tale
Sunflower49 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25   #22
Senior Member+

There isn't much hope left for the human race
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Unless yeh go in the Railway.
Restless likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:02   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i would like to think that no newspaper or magazine would touch him but sadly they will probbably trip over each other to get his tale
Thankfully I had never seen any bits of the Jeremy Kyle show until this week and watched the snippets on the Panorama and ITV prog's on these murders.
I became increasingly concerned as I watched all the hoopla on the build up to the trio's arrest on the media's part in creating this monster.

When people are drawn to and distracted by this sort of programme which redefines life as a perpetual round of entertainment. When people become an audience and their public business/antics becomes a circus, yes Restless there isn't much hope shining through
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post

When people are drawn to and distracted by this sort of programme which redefines life as a perpetual round of entertainment. When people become an audience and their public business/antics becomes a circus, yes Restless there isn't much hope shining through
That to me is a big part of todays problems, Too many watch "Knobs Are Us" Programmes n think its good entertainment.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and there lies the rub; he knows perfectly well they'll do their time, be well-fed, have access to a gym, TV, computer and all mod cons. Then after a ludicrously inadequate sentence, they'll be let out and possibly even be given a new identity, paid for by us, to protect them from the righteous indignation of the general public. That's British "justice" for you.
Doubt if a new identity would work for that guy Wyn his egotism won't allow him to go through with it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That to me is a big part of todays problems, Too many watch "Knobs Are Us" Programmes n think its good entertainment.
They need something better to do, this kind of crapathone was originally started by Gerry Springer, watched it once, never bothered again, washing dirty linen in public has never been on the top of my list, a lot of people will go to any lengths to fulfill Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They should get 6 life sentences running consecutively. If that is 10 years and 8 months as suggested they should serve each sentence one after the other.

I don't agree with concurrent sentences. It means that if you kill one person you might as well kill a few - its stupid
KiTChener and westendlass like this.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
They should get 6 life sentences running consecutively. If that is 10 years and 8 months as suggested they should serve each sentence one after the other.

I don't agree with concurrent sentences. It means that if you kill one person you might as well kill a few - its stupid
Exactly what I've always said, we know the death penalty will never come back, but all this crap about serving sentences consecutively is bullshine, as is the term so many other cases are taken into consideration, that's just so the police can make their clear up figures look better, if somebody is caught for house breaking taking another 35 cases in consideration sure as hell does little for the poor sod who's been violated
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47   #30

I doubt the death penalty would apply to this child-killer even if we did still have it-he's down for manslaughter.
I hope his brashness and cocky attitude cause him to go in with the regular inmates and forgo his offer of being in with 'vulnerable' prisoners.. ..And then the 'traditional' prisoners deal with him according to their own values.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..