Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Child Killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That to me is a big part of todays problems, Too many watch "Knobs Are Us" Programmes n think its good entertainment.
Toxic TV.......a bit like in days gone by when people would go and watch the antics of what were then called lunatics at Bethlehem(bedlam) Hospital in London.
I despise this voyeuristic style of television........and they purport to help these unfortunate dysfunctional families....how does airing your private problems on primetime TV help anyone?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52   #32
Beacon of light

If Mick Philpott had got off his nick(bum) and done a full days work, five days a week...then maybe he would not have had the energy to bed two women,brag about it and father 17 children.

I really hope that the three of them get what is coming to them.......they didn't cry over the loss of their children....maybe something in prison might make them cry.

Oxygen thieves and a waste of good skin, all three of them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Toxic TV.......a bit like in days gone by when people would go and watch the antics of what were then called lunatics at Bethlehem(bedlam) Hospital in London.
I despise this voyeuristic style of television........and they purport to help these unfortunate dysfunctional families....how does airing your private problems on primetime TV help anyone?
Well they usually have a wash and a brush up before they go down the pub that night, just to underline their newfound fame and fortune, no doubt charging for an autograph too
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:37   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

He will serve a minimum of just under 15 yrs, Bloody Pathetic Sentence in my view.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
He will serve a minimum of just under 15 yrs, Bloody Pathetic Sentence in my view.
15 years before he is liable for parole Mr C.
That's not to say he will be released then.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51   #36
God Member

Quote:
speaking of jokes i was in the car yesterday and caught the end of the news about a bloke from round this way that has been convicted of murder.On the news it said he was given life and expected to serve at least 10 years?

unless the guy is 90 years old i doubt 10 years will be life

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
15 years before he is liable for parole Mr C.
That's not to say he will be released then.
Yeh but me point is its perfectly possible fer this piece of crap to be released then, n with the do-gooders multiplying by the year, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:58   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Yeh but me point is its perfectly possible fer this piece of crap to be released then, n with the do-gooders multiplying by the year, it wouldn't surprise me.
True enough Mr C but amateur shrink (cant spell phsycolgist* ) that I am this nasty sociopath will not show contrition from what I have seen of him .So no chance of parole. Hopefully I am wrong & he is racked full of guilt and remorse and does a Fred West and saves the state a ton of money. Tonight please.

*Help jaysay
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
True enough Mr C but amateur shrink (cant spell phsycolgist* ) that I am this nasty sociopath will not show contrition from what I have seen of him .So no chance of parole. Hopefully I am wrong & he is racked full of guilt and remorse and does a Fred West and saves the state a ton of money. Tonight please.

*Help jaysay
Aint too sure about that MrD, Even the likes of Hindley tried religion as get out, Freedom is a great motive.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Aint too sure about that MrD, Even the likes of Hindley tried religion as get out, Freedom is a great motive.
We will have to see Mr c.......
But as sure as sun comes up in the morning there will be another sociopath coming along pretty soon for us to debate in this forum.
Man's inhumanity to man.

Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" and "The Third Chimpanzee"
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26   #41
God Member

Mick Philpott has been sentenced to life in prison for the manslaughter of his six children in a house fire in Derby. His wife Mairead Philpott and Paul Mosley were both sentenced to 17 years in jail.

taken from itv news page
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31   #42
God Member

Derby house fire trio jailed - ITV News
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39   #43

I'd like to widen the debate here, because it speaks to many of the problems Britain has today. I have better solutions for him.

1) Firstly he's got life inprisonment which means 15 years. My question is why should society pay to keep him alive ? The cost of keeping him alive far far exceeds the benefit to society. It takes 17 tax payers to keep him alive in prison. Tremendous waste of money in my opinion.

2) I actually don't think for this crime he should be executed as that's too good for him. I would use him for chemical testing. Afterall why should monkeys, rabbits and dogs have cosmetics shoved in their eyes to see if they are safe? They are innocent, and you'd get a much more realistic assessment of product risk if Mr Phillpot was used. Society would get some benefit out of him.

3) Aside from his fate, which is both expensive (unaffordable for bankrupt Britain) and far far too lenient, there's the bigger point of his lifestyle choice. How in the world can you have a system where living like this is "ok" or even turned into a celebrity roadshow by idiot TV watchers. It is not acceptable to me that you can choose to live on collective benefits and have kids for the purpose of state handouts. It's shameful that politicians in my country allows this.

Where I live in Singapore there is no welfare state - none. This country isn't bankrupt, has far closer families (you look after your old family members as well as your young) and you rightly don't have a choice to opt out of society and surf on the hard work of everyone else.

Finally this scum would have been executed within 10 days here, no questions, no appeals, no massive ongoing cost and noone would miss him.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43   #44
God Member

A frontal lobotomy would take away that psychotic personality.

It 'dehumanises', but he has no 'human qualities' to lose.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 13:56   #45
God Member

from what i understand if you appear on jeremy kyle you get a night out in the hotel and a thousand pounds so the more peopel you can drag on with you the more money there is to be made.I have no doubt his and his pals appearance was merely a money making exercise and not for one second for the benefit of the children

if it is indeed true that people are paid for appearing on the jeremy kyle show mybe the show its self should re-think its policey and merely offer their services of DNA tests and lie detector tests if someone absolutley feels they have to resort to self humiliation by airing their issues in public.

i am guilty of watching teh occasional show on itv player its good for a laugh occasionally but he seems to have a thing against facebook.If it wasnt for facebook most of his guests wouldnt have met then bred with each other then appeared on his show .

frankie boyle summed up his guests pretty well by saying they round them up outside farmfoods in scotland using nets and tranquelizer guns lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..