Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry Child Killers

Just wondering why this hasn't been raised on here before now, Mick and Mairead Philpott and their friend Paul Mosely will be sentenced today for killing their six children in a fire they started aimed at getting custody of those kids in a custody battle with a former live in mistress, or as the editor of the local newspaper put it getting back his 6 meal tickets, seems the only reason this guy had 17 kids was for financial reasons only. It appears he was a well known character in Derby and had been on several TV programs dragging about it. Lets hope that they don't see the light of day again, pure evil deserves threating like pure evil
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Child Killers

They will no doubt see light of day, Sodding charge was only Manslaughter.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40   #3
Beacon of light

he did it to get his children back......stupid arrogant man...now, no-one can get the children back.
Six young lives sacrificed at the altar of his stubborn will.

He should be punished by suffering the same fate......to be trapped in a burning building by someone who supposedly loved them....I cannot begin to imagine what those poor children suffered.
I'm sure they will 'look after' him in whatever jail he is sent to.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13   #4
I am Banned

To quote his onetime constituency MP Margaret Beckett previous to this set of crimes after she met him when he was trying to get a boost up to a bigger house:

"He was the sort of person who gives compassion and public support a bad name.

"I wished he lived in somebody else's constituency, if that doesn't sound a ridiculous thing to say. He wasn't somebody you wanted to be responsible for in any way."

Unfortunately we are going to be responsible for him for some while more.
DP whispers " Hitler had some things right "
Sunflower49 likes this.

Last edited by DtheP47; 03-04-2013 at 11:15.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46   #5

Never was the term 'Playing with Fire' so appropriate.

They were playing a game, wanting to 'frame' someone-but with this incredible risk
And he was already a convicted murderer -surely that should make for a more appropriate sentence. But I doubt it will.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54   #6
Full Member+

Don't get me going on "bring back hanging". Just let other inmates "welcome them " or will they be in solitary ? Just throw the key away.
mallard likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
And he was already a convicted murderer -surely that should make for a more appropriate sentence. But I doubt it will.
Attempted murder was what he was banged up for previously, smouse.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Don't get me going on "bring back hanging". Just let other inmates "welcome them " or will they be in solitary ? Just throw the key away.
Probably or sectioned at the least, they do make efforts to protect scum like this.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Attempted murder was what he was banged up for previously, smouse.
Ah was it-my bad-not sure attempting to murder someone is to carry a lighter burden though
Just scum-selfish and callous. I wonder what the other children at their school(s) would be thinking at the empty seats.
Old 03-04-2013, 13:01   #10
Full Member+

It's just been on the news that sentencing has been delayed till 10.30 am tomorrow. Apparently manslaughter can still carry a life sentence, let's hope they throw the book at the scumbags.
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 17:29   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Probably or sectioned at the least, they do make efforts to protect scum like this.
But sometimes a warder has something in his eye cashy
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 03-04-2013, 17:34   #12
Resting in Peace

The Barristers representing this scum told the court that they were good caring parents, good caring parents don't use their kids as a money making commodity, they should rot in hell
Old 03-04-2013, 18:12   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The Barristers representing this scum told the court that they were good caring parents, good caring parents don't use their kids as a money making commodity, they should rot in hell
That good n caring those kids bodies were removed fully clothed, cos they had no pyjamas.
Old 03-04-2013, 18:19   #14
God Member

that good a father that he didn't even sleep in the house, he slept in a caravan...with his wife one night and his mistress the night after. There was a big thing about them on 'This Morning' today, he apparently sent a letter from prison to someone he knew saying (amongst other things) 'when we get out we will go and cry by our childrens graves and then we will probably go home and rape each other' he is one sick SICK barsteward
Old 03-04-2013, 18:37   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
that good a father that he didn't even sleep in the house, he slept in a caravan...with his wife one night and his mistress the night after. There was a big thing about them on 'This Morning' today, he apparently sent a letter from prison to someone he knew saying (amongst other things) 'when we get out we will go and cry by our childrens graves and then we will probably go home and rape each other' he is one sick SICK barsteward
should put him down like a rabid dog scumbag

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..