Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 10:32   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Conflict of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
he wa sin teh brownshirts i didnt say it just because he was german
Well with mentioning nazi and Hitler in your sentence you kind of intimated the German factor
Old 19-03-2009, 10:38   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
We are witnessing a planned population cull, (in other ways than Aids too)
the thing is theres a line of thought that says Aids was invented by the good old USA, n introduced into to Africa to cull the population, all to do with mineral rights.
Old 19-03-2009, 11:08   #18
God Member

Think on these quotes-
"In many ways rampant population growth is an even more dangerous and subtle threat to the world than nuclear war. The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential."

"There are only two ways of preventing a world with 10 billion inhabitants. Either the birth rate drops or the death rate will rise.
There is no other way."

There are, of course, many ways to make the death rate increase. In the thermonuclear age war can take care of this very quickly and in a definite way. Famine and disease are the oldest."

Robert Mc. Namara, former U.S. Secretary of defense and former president of the World Bank, is presently a member of the board of directors of the Washington Post.

"I have already written off more than a billion people. These people are in places in Africa, Asia, Latin America. We can't save them. The population crisis and the food supply question dictate that we should not even try.
It's a waste of time. These people will suffer from continuous cycles of natural disaster, famine, hunger, flood, drought. Some old fools and young ones may talk of trying to mount a noble effort to help these people.
But they can't be saved."

General Maxwell Taylor is the former commander-in-chief of the U.S. forces during the Vietnam war, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President John Kennedy.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:15   #19
Give, give, give member

I have great trouble taking moral advice from a church which tried to cover up the abuse of hundreds, if not thousands of children, by some of it's priests in Ireland and North America, and there is evidence that the cover up went right to the top, with documentary evidence showing priests were removed to other parishes where they went on to abuse again.

Still that's one way of practicing 'safe sex'. Abuse an innocent child. Sick.

'..each day AIDS buries another 5,500 men women and children (in sub-Sarahan Africa.)'

Cold Statistics

I have absolutely no doubt that if Jesus could prevent children suffering and dying today, he'd tell people to use whatever means they had at their disposal to lessen the spread of this terrible disease.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:23   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

yet, one of teh core 10 commandmants that surely outrank any catholic "view" is "Thought shalt not kill". so if you are infected and don't use one you are breaking a greater 'law'
Agree Entwisi .. this is tantamount to encouraging murder ... after all lots of people are convicted of passing on aids, when they knowingly know the consequences to a partner.

What about the ensuing babies too ? ... they should be expect to be born on a level playing field.

There is huge amounts of work going on in Africa to help these people, this statement will only be a backward step to their efforts. Or will it ? Maybe now the Africans have a little more knowledge.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:27   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I have great trouble taking moral advice from a church which tried to cover up the abuse of hundreds, if not thousands of children, by some of it's priests in Ireland and North America, and there is evidence that the cover up went right to the top, with documentary evidence showing priests were removed to other parishes where they went on to abuse again.

Still that's one way of practicing 'safe sex'. Abuse an innocent child. Sick.

'..each day AIDS buries another 5,500 men women and children (in sub-Sarahan Africa.)'

Cold Statistics

I have absolutely no doubt that if Jesus could prevent children suffering and dying today, he'd tell people to use whatever means they had at their disposal to lessen the spread of this terrible disease.
Spot on, Gary, exactly my thoughts on the matter.
Old 19-03-2009, 11:31   #22

Surely the responsibility lies with the people who are affected by this??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:45   #23
God Member

Quote:
Lessening world population is a multinational agenda - hadn't you noticed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Surely the responsibility lies with the people who are affected by this??
When there is an agenda to reduce world population we are all affected, if you think you wont be affected, please explain why.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:45   #24
Give, give, give member

Although the problem of A.I.D.S. in Africa is on a massive scale, there are hundreds of thousands of children throughout the rest of the world who are living and dying from this on the whole preventable disease.

ABC News: Suffer the Children: The Smallest Victims of AIDS

Andrew Gray | Photos of Japan, Cambodia, Asia | People, Culture, Life in Pictures- powered by SmugMug

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:53   #25

Quote:
When there is an agenda to reduce world population we are all affected, if you think you wont be affected, please explain why.
Did I say I wouldn't be affected?? Just read my post again and certainly did not say i was exempt. Maybe if you remove the last two words from my post it may make more sense but at the end of the day it will affect us all.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 13:44   #26
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Conflict of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
You are meant to accept all the children you are given and not do anything to refuse them. Contraception would go against that.

It's not about the Pope wanted people to die, but the idea is that God would save you if you were meant to live, i.e. you wouldn't catch the illness.

Maybe people just shouldn't have sex, that would be a good start. Sex isn't a compulsory part of life afterall.

And I imagine a lot of the women get the AIDs through being raped, and rapists in Africa probably don't give a damn about condoms regardless of what the Pope says
Actually blazey, sex to procreate is a compulsory part of life. It is hard wired into every living creature.
Old 19-03-2009, 15:55   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
he wa sin teh brownshirts i didnt say it just because he was german
I thought it was the HJ he was in ... and he didn't come out of that holocaust denying fubar, smelling like a rose.

Little question: In Canada, it is illegal (and carries a severe penalty) to have unprotected sex when one has AIDS, without informing your partner. Are there similar laws in the UK?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 16:00   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I thought it was the HJ he was in ... and he didn't come out of that holocaust denying fubar, smelling like a rose.

Little question: In Canada, it is illegal (and carries a severe penalty) to have unprotected sex when one has AIDS, without informing your partner. Are there similar laws in the UK?
Ya Eric people have been jailed for it
Old 19-03-2009, 16:07   #29
JFT96

Okay, I work in Africa, currently spend most of my time here.
Last year I went to Cameroon, Douala to be exact. Spent 3 days there, the Senior Cabin Crew (Purser), was with a very nice African Lady, she was his girlfriend for the time he was there. This hotel had guards and you had to use your door key to get into the lift. Each floor was also guarded.
This lady game me her business card and offered to be my girlfriend the next time we were there, for a price of course. I am not saying that she has Aids; or is even HIV+, but would you want to take the risk.

There are lots of business men in Africa who are partaking in sex, and are happy to pay for it, this will spread AID's and HIV quicker than rape. Before you get to Condoms, one of my fellow pilots here, remarked to me that he could not get condoms here and this is in Morocco!

Glad I am coming home to my girl in a few days? I have not been tempted and won't be.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 16:17   #30
JFT96

Oh and also, these people are living in abstract poverty, the like which you cannot comprehend, you have to see it. They have nothing to do, sex is a release, children are a side effect so is Aids. Africa is a mess a real mess and what do we do, nothing we could not care one bit

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 19-03-2009 at 16:21.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..