Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 00:08   #46
God Member

Re: Conflict of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Can't work that out..for example if you are HIV pos at 30yrs.. you are unlikely to make 45yrs... so living to your 70's is out of the question.
Some HIVpositive people are not taking drugs and are living normal lives.
There are some genetically lucky people who can live with the virus and wouldn't know they had it if they hadn't been tested

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 00:31   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Some HIVpositive people are not taking drugs and are living normal lives.
There are some genetically lucky people who can live with the virus and wouldn't know they had it if they hadn't been tested
My only experience of HIV was when I was chatting to a lady in hospital in her forties who said she had just been diagnosed as HIV.. she said the doctors told her it was from her drug abuse some 20yrs earlier...my thoughts were that I was I'm talking to someone with a death penalty...are you saying she can live..or would live until 70yrs?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 01:28   #48
God Member

Quote:
My only experience of HIV was when I was chatting to a lady in hospital in her forties who said she had just been diagnosed as HIV.. she said the doctors told her it was from her drug abuse some 20yrs earlier...my thoughts were that I was I'm talking to someone with a death penalty...are you saying she can live..or would live until 70yrs?
I say might
Johns Hopkins Gazette: January 9, 1995
if she is one of the lucky ones who has the genetic make up to defeat it without drugs

Old 21-03-2009, 09:17   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It only becomes life threatening if the virus turns into full blown AIDs Mancie. I think its much in the same way that doctors have said about everybody has a dormant cancer, its just when its awaken that the problems start.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:08   #50
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Conflict of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Not wanting to be part of a religion but I find it pretty offensive when someone starts insisting there isn't a god or whatever if they're being just as preachy as the kind of religious people that try to convert people.
So you will also find it offensive when people insist that there is a God.

Otherwise that word hypocrisy would apply.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:12   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
The AZT which is used on Aids patients is just a different way of dying
AZT: Unsafe at any Dose?
I repeat - we are witnessing a global population cull disguised in many forms which appear natural but are engineered.
Interesting view.

Would you like to put some meat on the bones?
Old 21-03-2009, 13:27   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Interesting view.

Would you like to put some meat on the bones?
I will give you one recent example now and will supply more later
The chinese earthquake in 2008 occurred because a dam that was built caused the weight of water to stress the junction of tectonic plates

2008 Sichuan earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to Chinese state officials, the quake caused 69,181 known deaths including 68,636 in Sichuan province; 18,498 people are listed as missing, and 374,171 injured, but these figures may further increase as more reports come in."

"An article in Science Magazine suggests that the construction and filling of the Zipingpu Dam may have triggered the earthquake. The chief engineer of the Sichuan Geology and Mineral Bureau finds this hypothesis "very likely".

Old 21-03-2009, 13:47   #53
God Member

Here is another -The levees protecting New Orleans were designed to fail
2005 levee failures in Greater New Orleans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original design for the steel sheet foundations for the flood walls showed a proposed depth of 10 feet (3 m), and design documents show that calculations were made with the wall base at 12.8 feet (3.9 m). According to a New Orleans engineer, the depth was apparently later increased to 17 feet (5.1 m), and this is what was built. However, a forensic engineering team from the Louisiana State University, using sonar, showed that at one point near the 17th Street Canal breach, the piling extends just 10 feet (3 m) below sea level, 7 feet (2.1 m) shallower than the Corps of Engineers had maintained. "The Corps keeps saying the piles were 17 feet (5 m), but their own drawings show them to be 10", Ivor van Heerden said. "This is the first time anyone has been able to get a firm fix on what's really down there. And, so far, it's just 10 feet (3 m). Not nearly deep enough."[14] Other reports confirmed that construction on the London Avenue and Industrial Canal levees was similarly below the stated standard.[15] They also found that homeowners along the 17th Street Canal, near the site of the breach, had been reporting their yards flooding from persistent seepage from the canal for a year prior to Hurricane Katrina. Other studies showed the levee floodwalls on the 17th Street Canal were, "destined to fail,", from bad Corps of Engineers design, saying in part, "that miscalculation was so obvious and fundamental," investigators said, they, "could not fathom how the design team of engineers from the Corps, local firm Eustis Engineering, and the national firm Modjeski and Masters could have missed what is being termed the costliest engineering mistake in American history."[15

Old 21-03-2009, 14:34   #54
Apprentice Geriatric

Nearly 90,000 dead or missing out of a world population of nearly 7 billion can hardly be seen as a deliberate act.

In any case that disaster was an accident or at worst negligence. The Chinese government didn’t spend millions of dollars creating a dam so that it would cause an earthquake and kill a few people.

Similarly the New Orleans floods were down to inadequate levees and it would appear skimping on their construction. That could hardly be called a plan by the US government to get rid of some people, mainly those of African origin especially, that in the main it was private companies that built the levees. The skimping was done in the name of more profit.

However the Aids virus could, by an X Files stretch of the imagination, have been a deliberate act to target Africans.

At the time it was claimed by some that the Ebola outbreak was down to a deliberate act by some world government. No prizes for guessing the most likely one.
Old 21-03-2009, 14:53   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The Chinese government didn’t spend millions of dollars creating a dam so that it would cause an earthquake and kill a few people.....
That could hardly be called a plan by the US government to get rid of some people
Can you be sure?
As more catastrophies happen you may rethink that view.

There are also the slower ways - that shorten your lifespan
Aspartamine
Bad News about products with Aspartame
Fluoride
The fluoride deception - Google Book Search
to name but two.
I know that there are reassuring websites for both these chemicals.
The fact that we need to be reassured indicates that instinctively we doubt the need for them

Old 21-03-2009, 14:56   #56
God Member

I have also found this
A History Timeline of Population Control

Old 21-03-2009, 15:38   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I repeat - we are witnessing a global population cull disguised in many forms which appear natural but are engineered.
Who's it being engineered by, a secret Sapphic society?

After all lesbians are the group least likely to be affected by the sexual transmission of the H.I.V. virus.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 15:49   #58
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Can you be sure?
As more catastrophies happen you may rethink that view.

There are also the slower ways - that shorten your lifespan
Aspartamine
Bad News about products with Aspartame
Fluoride
The fluoride deception - Google Book Search
to name but two.
I know that there are reassuring websites for both these chemicals.
The fact that we need to be reassured indicates that instinctively we doubt the need for them
No I cannot be sure, no more than you can be sure about your point of view.

You’ll be telling me next that the Titanic disaster was a deliberate act to get rid of a few influential people.

Probably all medicines will be detrimental to someone, somewhere.

However the continuous attempts to legislate to introduce Fluoride into the water supplies is of great concern. Not so much the Fluoride but the precedent that it would establish.

The introduction of chemicals into the food chain is driven by profit not a conspiracy to kill. Come on if you kill off all the consumers who will buy your product?

Is that article trying to imply that the 1918-1919 flu pandemic was a deliberate act by some nation?

I haven’t the time or inclination to take each case and comment on it but none of it is Population Control but Population extermination.

Since time immemorial man has killed man to take over the other guy’s domain and to make room for him and his. Even some animals do it.
Old 21-03-2009, 15:56   #59
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Is tobacco consumption part of the cull?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 16:25   #60
God Member

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..