Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 08:47   #1
God Member

Conflict of interest?

Mmmm, just reading a report on teh BBC about teh Pope

He has stated that in Africa even to stop teh spread of AIDs people should not use a condom.

yet, one of teh core 10 commandmants that surely outrank any catholic "view" is "Thought shalt not kill". so if you are infected and don't use one you are breaking a greater 'law'

Thoughts anyone?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2009, 09:26   #2
God Member

Re: Conflict of interest?

i suppose that would be classed as 'the work of the lord' afterall i suppose the pope would say thats how 'god' works (by lessening the population)

rubbish if you ask me
Old 19-03-2009, 09:54   #3
God Member

Lessening world population is a multinational agenda - hadn't you noticed?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:55   #4

where in the Bible does it say... Thou shalt not wear a condom
Old 19-03-2009, 10:00   #5
God Member

lol they guys a nut and anyone who follows any religion to the letter to the extent that it would cost them their lives is just as stupid

after all ,all religions are variations of nothing more than a fairy tale designed to keep the guilable in order

as uaual i will have upset at least one bible thumper so i guess the red stuff coming my way will be gods will

maybe their god will fix my keyoard it keeps missing letters out it seems i have a few dodgy keys

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:01   #6
God Member

You are meant to accept all the children you are given and not do anything to refuse them. Contraception would go against that.

It's not about the Pope wanted people to die, but the idea is that God would save you if you were meant to live, i.e. you wouldn't catch the illness.

Maybe people just shouldn't have sex, that would be a good start. Sex isn't a compulsory part of life afterall.

And I imagine a lot of the women get the AIDs through being raped, and rapists in Africa probably don't give a damn about condoms regardless of what the Pope says
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:03   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lol they guys a nut and anyone who follows any religion to the letter to the extent that it would cost them their lives is just as stupid

after all ,all religions are variations of nothing more than a fairy tale designed to keep the guilable in order

as uaual i will have upset at least one bible thumper so i guess the red stuff coming my way will be gods will

maybe their god will fix my keyoard it keeps missing letters out it seems i have a few dodgy keys

well said
Old 19-03-2009, 10:05   #8
God Member

the pope is a sheer moron and shut keep his nazi gob shut , his words could if acted upon kill more people than his buddy hiltler ever did

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-03-2009, 10:06   #9
Resting in Peace

Well I'm a practicing catholic, and I have never understood the attitude of the church on this issue, in any walk of life there is no need for unwanted pregnancies and with the spread of STDs the use of condoms makes a lot of science to me, especially when you see the devastating effects Aids has had on countries such as Africa
Old 19-03-2009, 10:06   #10
God Member

Quote:

On the contrary - have some green stuff on me

Old 19-03-2009, 10:08   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
On the contrary - have some green stuff on me
awww

bless you my child

Old 19-03-2009, 10:09   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the pope is a sheer moron and shut keep his nazi gob shut , his words could if acted upon kill more people than his buddy hitler ever did
Its nothing to do with the fact he's German accyman, its been the same stance from every Pope through the ages and I've expressed my views on the above post
Old 19-03-2009, 10:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its nothing to do with the fact he's German accyman, its been the same stance from every Pope through the ages and I've expressed my views on the above post
he wa sin teh brownshirts i didnt say it just because he was german

Old 19-03-2009, 10:19   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I'm a practicing catholic, and I have never understood the attitude of the church on this issue, in any walk of life there is no need for unwanted pregnancies and with the spread of STDs the use of condoms makes a lot of science to me, especially when you see the devastating effects Aids has had on countries such as Africa
Agree 100% with that.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:22   #15
God Member

We are witnessing a planned population cull, (in other ways than Aids too)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..