Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 16:43   #31
God Member

Re: Conflict of interest?

personaly i couldnt give a toss about africa its just one huge problem that wont go away no matter how much money you throw at it simply becuase its polotics keeping the place the way it is

what offends me is the pope who is basicly a dithering old coot brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of messanger form a god that dosnt exist but seems to think his opinion is that of this imaganary god and that everyone should abide by his or its rules

like someone stated earlier , before this idiot opens his mouth to tell others how to live he should sort out the perverts fiddleing with little boys in his own cult before opening his gob and maybe if teh church is so concerne about poverty they could give away the billions of dollars etc thatthey have accumalated in wealth and teasurs which incidently their god says tehy shouldt even have in teh first place

everyone is entitled to believe in what they want but they are not entitled to demand others believe in it too

i stopped believing in god before i stopped believing in father christmas which is logical because at least there was evidence of father christmas been real with tehe leaving of presants , unfortunatly as i got older i found that evidence to be fabricated

still awaiting a new keyboard :-)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-03-2009 at 16:49.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2009, 19:02   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
personaly i couldnt give a toss about africa its just one huge problem that wont go away no matter how much money you throw at it simply becuase its polotics keeping the place the way it is

what offends me is the pope who is basicly a dithering old coot brainwashed into thinking he is some sort of messanger form a god that dosnt exist but seems to think his opinion is that of this imaganary god and that everyone should abide by his or its rules

like someone stated earlier , before this idiot opens his mouth to tell others how to live he should sort out the perverts fiddleing with little boys in his own cult before opening his gob and maybe if the church is so concerne about poverty they could give away the billions of dollars etc that they have accumalated in wealth and teasurs which incidently their god says tehy shouldt even have in teh first place

everyone is entitled to believe in what they want but they are not entitled to demand others believe in it too

i stopped believing in god before i stopped believing in father christmas which is logical because at least there was evidence of father christmas been real with the leaving of presants , unfortunatly as i got older i found that evidence to be fabricated

still awaiting a new keyboard :-)
I hear what your saying accyman and I respect your opinions, because its opinions that make the world go round, but as an RC, I also respect what the Pope says, I'm am a progressive catholic and think that the RC church must move with the times, unfortunately that kind of message does not always come from the Vatican
Old 20-03-2009, 21:10   #33
God Member

I always feel like when people start saying negative things about religions its like saying negative things about races or cultures and stuff, it makes me feel really uncomfortable.

Not wanting to be part of a religion but I find it pretty offensive when someone starts insisting there isn't a god or whatever if they're being just as preachy as the kind of religious people that try to convert people.

It's fine to dislike that and not believe their is a God, but stating something as fact that you just don't know is the truth really bugs me.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. Though we have an amazing level of tolerance at Lancaster University and have one combined chaplaincy centre for all the different faiths. Don't often come across atheists that are also intolerant. My friend Si is absolutely awful for it but he also has a reputation for getting everything he says in his seminars wrong so he isn't the best thought out person.

If you don't think something exists though then I don't see why you would put that much effort into disliking it. I don't believe in world peace but I don't tend to rant at people who really want it to be possible, not unless I'm drunk anyway but I gave up drinking over a month ago so drunken rants are a thing of my past.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 22:47   #34
God Member

The opposition to the use of condoms is of course not Gods doing.. it is an instruction from the Vatican which was thought up not so long ago.... the Vatican does not seem to oppose the use of contrceptive pills as fevervently.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 22:51   #35
I am Banned

[quote=Wynonie Harris;693974]

'..each day AIDS buries another 5,500 men women and children (in sub-Sarahan Africa.)'

Cold Statistics

I have added a newspaper cutting from the Sunday Express November 1986. Its now March 2009, that makes at 5,500 a day a total of approx 46 million dead.

Why is there any body left at this rate, and its evident that all the so called aid programes have'nt been working.

If religion was any good, then the way the world has been the last 70 odd years, when's the 2nd coming of christ, what was so special 2000 years ago that was worse than today.

Retlaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sundy Exps 1986..jpg (197.0 KB, 4 views)
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:16   #36
God Member

i think jesus hasnt had his second coming because his mere tricks of sharing out fish simply cant compare with HDTV

he needs to rethink his game plan if hes gonna come back and get our attention

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-03-2009, 23:24   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think jesus hasnt had his second coming because his mere tricks of sharing out fish simply cant compare with HDTV

he needs to rethink his game plan if hes gonna come back and get our attention
yer wrong hes back, lives not many miles away.
Old 20-03-2009, 23:32   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that long haired bloke who walks around accy in his sandles isnt jesus cashy but he can bang out a decent note on the karaoke ..

Old 20-03-2009, 23:34   #39
Give, give, give member

[quote=Retlaw;694769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

'..each day AIDS buries another 5,500 men women and children (in sub-Sarahan Africa.)'

Cold Statistics

I have added a newspaper cutting from the Sunday Express November 1986. Its now March 2009, that makes at 5,500 a day a total of approx 46 million dead.

Why is there any body left at this rate, and its evident that all the so called aid programes have'nt been working.

If religion was any good, then the way the world has been the last 70 odd years, when's the 2nd coming of christ, what was so special 2000 years ago that was worse than today.

Retlaw.
Since H.I.V./A.I.D.S had only been recognised as a disease a few short years by the mid 1980's, and the British tabloids where still frenziedly reporting rumour as fact, when the medical world didn't really know how prevalent the spread of the disease would be, a Daily Express from 1986 probably isn't the right publication to acurately forecast the spread of A.I.D.S.

The latest worldwide figures relate to 2007, and reflect the safer sex message condom use brings, and the available drug cocktails which mean people can live with H.I.V., just as long as you have enough money to purchase those drugs, or have been educated that condoms can lessen the spread of the disease.

AIDS Deaths in Africa -- AFRICA AIDS DEATH COUNT

Worldwide AIDS & HIV Statistics Including Deaths

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:36   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ssshss Cashy...Accyman will be down B&Q tomorrow stocking up with Nails and 4x2 !
Old 20-03-2009, 23:42   #41
God Member

The AZT which is used on Aids patients is just a different way of dying
AZT: Unsafe at any Dose?
I repeat - we are witnessing a global population cull disguised in many forms which appear natural but are engineered.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:50   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The AZT which is used on Aids patients is just a different way of dying
AZT: Unsafe at any Dose?
I repeat - we are witnessing a global population cull disguised in many forms which appear natural but are engineered.
There are many drugs which are combined with AZT and are prescribed for H.I.V.+ patients.

Before AZT was introduced the average life expectancy for a H.I.V.+ patient was three years, now it's indefinite, as far as we know.

I know someone who's been taking it for over twenty years, and is quite happy and healthy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:54   #43
God Member

whatever came of that guy that had HIV then a few years later it was gone from his system

wasit a Case of mixed up blood samples or are they still working on his blood?

Old 20-03-2009, 23:55   #44
God Member

Some HIV+ people never develop Aids and don't take AZT
If you read the links inside the link I gave you will see that AZT will kill you too - may just take longer.
How many on AZT live to be in their late 70s, which is the accepted modest life expectancy now?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 00:03   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Some HIV+ people never develop Aids and don't take AZT
If you read the links inside the link I gave you will see that AZT will kill you too - may just take longer.
How many on AZT live to be in their late 70s, which is the accepted modest life expectancy now?
Can't work that out..for example if you are HIV pos at 30yrs.. you are unlikely to make 45yrs... so living to your 70's is out of the question.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..