Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 12:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Crikey!!

Deepest sympathies to his wife, children and family. At least he died doing the job he loved.

His obituary is on BBC news (link below), loved by all & will be deeply missed across the globe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5311982.stm

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2006, 12:13   #17
Senior Member+

Its sad aint it.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:25   #18

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Gutted when i heard the news today,Steve Irwin always had a wonderful enthusiasm for life and was truly unique.He fitted more into his 44 years than most of us will in 10 lifetimes.Me and my son have spent many hours watching his programs-he will be sadly missed.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:39   #19
God Member

Sad loss aint it.
I'm not one that like zoo's or things like that cause there just out to make money - animal welfare comes last to some of them, he has one but he didn't do it for that reason, he really cares about the animals.
Was a bit mad at times and has had a few "near misses", lot better than that other guy thats been on TV lately doing similar things - can't remember his name
Steve made good entertainment though, especially for the kids, and he got them interested in amimals.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:41   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley
Gutted when i heard the news today,Steve Irwin always had a wonderful enthusiasm for life and was truly unique.He fitted more into his 44 years than most of us will in 10 lifetimes.Me and my son have spent many hours watching his programs-he will be sadly missed.
Yeh thats so true i admired his attitude & hope that spirit lives on thro his kids once they have come to terms with it, its so sad & very un-expected.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 13:03   #21
Senior Member+

Taken from http://www.digitalspy.co.uk

Steve Irwin killed by stingray

Monday, September 4 2006, 12:57 BST - by Neil Wilkes
Crocodile Hunter / Discovery

Infamous "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin has died after being struck in the chest by a stingray while diving in the Great Barrier Reef.

Irwin, 44, was in Cairns, Queensland filming a segment for the series Ocean's Deadliest when the incident occurred at around midday local time (1am UK).

Close friend John Stainton told reporters: "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart. We got him back within a couple of minutes to Croc 1, which is Steve's research vessel, and by 12 o'clock when the emergency crew arrived they pronounced him dead."

He added: "The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest dads on the planet. He died doing what he loved best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. He would have said, Crocs Rule!"

Irwin leaves behind a wife and two children - Bindi Sue, 8, and Bob, 2.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 14:26   #22
white rabbits

Was he the person,who dangled his son over a pond of crocs or something,,a bit like Micheal Jackson
Old 04-09-2006, 14:29   #23
God Member

Maybe uncouth but had to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg stingray.bmp.jpeg (35.6 KB, 33 views)

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 14:34   #24
white rabbits

Oh thats a bit of light relief,,i think i must be sick but i found it funny..No dissrespect meant...
Old 04-09-2006, 14:52   #25
I am Banned

Well its took me ages to get the kids to beleive me that crocodile hunter had died they thought i was taking the pee i ended up having to put sky news on & then they realised i wasn't joking - they are gutted & say they dont like nasty stingrays & crocs rule! as does Steve! who now watches over the crocs in the sky
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 15:03   #26
I am Banned

to look at you owuldnt think these thigs could kill would ya ?

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 15:29   #27
Senior Member+

RIP steve "crikey" Irwin...

RIP crocodile hunter...

Australian naturalist and television personality Steve Irwin has been killed by a stingray during a diving expedition off the Australian coast. Mr Irwin, 44, died after being struck in the chest by the stingray's barb while he was filming a documentary in Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.
Paramedics from Cairns rushed to the scene but were unable to save him.
Mr Irwin was known for his television show The Crocodile Hunter and his work with native Australian wildlife.
Old 04-09-2006, 15:35   #28
Senior Member+

mad as a hatter and it was allways a case of when not if ....but i thought it would have been a croc not a fish ...

rip ya bonzer

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:09   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
to look at you owuldnt think these thigs could kill would ya ?
I would, nasty looking blighters they are - especially when they swim upwards and you can see the underside of them - evil fish.

Suppose it was always a case of when not if. At least he went the way that he would have wanted to go.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:20   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Awww, it is a tragedy but how many of us get to die doing something we love?? I enjoyed his wildlife programmes, always thought he was a bit gung-ho with some of the animals but genuinely cared for them and saw beauty in the ugliest of creatures. I'm sure that the conservationists will miss his enthusiasm and dedication. I would have thought that if any marine creature was to kill him it would have been a box jellyfish (but I don't think it is the season for them yet). Maybe one of our Aussie members can enlighten me on that one.

RIP Steve Irwin..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..