Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 16:22   #31
I am Banned

Re: Crikey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
At least he went the way that he would have wanted to go.
Im curious how people know this for fact, its amazing that this statement comes up, how do you know he wanted to die that way, i doubt he knew 100% himself about that quite insensitive really.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2006, 16:32   #32
Len
God Member

Stingrays are known as the pussycats of the sea. It’s hard to imagine how something so placid could take the bloke’s life; the odds of it happening must be incredible.
My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

http://www.potamotrygon.de/fremdes/s...%20article.htm
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:38   #33
Senior Member+

top link that len....very informative and correct,

Penetration of any part of the trunk (chest, abdomen, groin) is a serious medical emergency. Introduction of the ray's necrotizing venom directly into the body cavity of a person has been known to cause insidious necrotizing effects on the heart and other internal organs, and death is often inevitable.

apparantly it got him in the heart (bbc news 24 )

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:40   #34
God Member

r.i.p. love watching his programmes
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:49   #35
Resident Waffler

Re: Crikey!! (Steve Irwin)

I heard it on the news this morning. So sad when somebody dies young and especially in a sort of freak accident like that. My feelings are for the children, the youngest will have trouble remembering him.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:53   #36
Senior Member+

Being an exkeeper of reptiles myself,it deeply sadens me to hear of his death.Used to watch his programs regularally
Steve Irwin R.I.P.
Old 04-09-2006, 17:26   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Im curious how people know this for fact, its amazing that this statement comes up, how do you know he wanted to die that way, i doubt he knew 100% himself about that quite insensitive really.
lol a good point that..

i like doing lots of things and none of them i would like to be found dead doing or should i say in the middle of doing
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 17:43   #38
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'd rather die doing something I enjoyed that die at work...

Sadly, I'm far more likely to pop off at work knowing my luck..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 18:06   #39

I used to Live about 3 kms away from Australia Zoo and had the good fortune to meet Steve several times in person, prior to his getting famous and again after... he never changed, all the things you have seen him do on TV, he has been doing for half his life in reality, so he didnt just do these dangerous stunts in the name of entertainment, he just did what he thought best for the animals in question. He was exactly what he appeared to be. Its true he did get popular in the USA first, and it took Aussies a while to really warm to him, but Id say that he was quite a bit more popular here in Aus than some folks realise.. in my town, cars were pulling off the road when the news flash came on the radio, they were so shocked they had to stop to try to take it in.
eggstoocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 18:13   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I agree, I cant imagine anyone WANTING to go that way... its more accurate to say, he died doing what he loved doing... working with animals in the wild.
eggstoocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 18:19   #41
Senior Member+

To say we are gutted is an understatement.Kels went off to school with tears in her eyes. She has all his dvds and watches them constantly;he is the main reason for her interest in the natural world.
A very sad loss to all who care about conservation,and those who appreciated his full-on approach to education and entertainment.
Our thoughts are with Terri,Bindi and Bob.
We will miss you Steve.
Old 04-09-2006, 19:47   #42

It was with great sadness and grief that we viewed the news today. The loss of Steve is world wide. His vibrant methods of showing us the need of our own sense of caring for our enviroment and our innocent earth room mates are an institution by all that is right. His charismatic approach lifted me as well as others to a new plateau of understanding of life itself. His essence will be in the lives of so many for eternity be they animal or human. The works of his hands are works in the world and the world is a better place for having his teaching to continue to learn from. Steve will always be with us through the endevors he created and legacy he leaves.
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 20:03   #43

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Tribute program now on(sky channel536)
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 20:10   #44
God Member

In addition to Spuggies piccy(Which I also got about 2pm)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg irwino.jpg (60.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg irwin_small.jpg (30.9 KB, 23 views)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 20:11   #45

how I will always remember him........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SteveIrwin.jpg (17.5 KB, 22 views)
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..