Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Do I Look Stupid ? I think Not ....

ATS are owned by Michelin. You would expect better than that from one of the worlds top tyre manufacturers.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:36   #17
Senior Member+

i went to ats the other day i needed a new tyre my mot was due the next day,well whilst i was there i noticed that it was buy 1 get 1 free on the tyres so when he put my tyre on i asked him for the free tyre only to be told i didnt need it so i said put it on the front with the other new 1,again i was told i didnt need it,but then i said i wanted it the front tyre was half worn,he then tried to say that i would have to pay extra for balancing fitting and valves at a cost of £11 so i told him to forget it,there was nowhere in the garage that said that u had to pay extra it said buy 1 get 1 free,ive paid once why should i pay some more,and it took them half an hour to fit 1 tyre,im not going there again,and your right they target women £30 for a small 13 tyre what a rip
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
Well - T'other on near McD#s is just as bad
Now I've had a different experience of National at Accy, I used them for tyres for both my bike and my saab. On both occasions, The advice given was excellent and saved me money over what I could have spent (the manager asked me what type of driving I do and recommended a brand I was unaware of that turned out to be exceptional and at 2/3rds teh cost of a branded tyre). Similiarly when I had a problem with an exhaust, they went out of their way to fix the problem and didn't charge any more than was originally quoted. When it came to my bike tyres they were again very good, lending me tools to remove my wheels (they aren't allowed to remove bike wheels ) and were extremely careful so that they didn't chip/scratch them.

I use the guys at Baxenden Tyres now (Julies had 2 new front tyres on yesterday), they are again courteous, helpful and good value. Plus as they are local guys I feel happier giving my money to local business community rather than some national company shareholders.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:43   #19
God Member

The local guys will always have a pleasenter and helpfull approach as their business depends on it. Its nice to read that some are supporting the "little guy" and feeling good about it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex
i went to ats the other day i needed a new tyre my mot was due the next day,well whilst i was there i noticed that it was buy 1 get 1 free on the tyres so when he put my tyre on i asked him for the free tyre only to be told i didnt need it so i said put it on the front with the other new 1,again i was told i didnt need it,but then i said i wanted it the front tyre was half worn,he then tried to say that i would have to pay extra for balancing fitting and valves at a cost of £11 so i told him to forget it,there was nowhere in the garage that said that u had to pay extra it said buy 1 get 1 free,ive paid once why should i pay some more,and it took them half an hour to fit 1 tyre,im not going there again,and your right they target women £30 for a small 13 tyre what a rip
You should have asked for the tyre to take away. You could always have had it fitted later on when you did need it(or when you had a puncture or something)

Old 10-08-2006, 10:48   #21
white rabbits

get watchdog on the case..........
Old 10-08-2006, 10:52   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
You should have asked for the tyre to take away. You could always have had it fitted later on when you did need it(or when you had a puncture or something)
i should have done your right but i wasnt getting anywhere,when i was talking to him he kept wandering off so i was trying to keep up with him but he wasnt listening i just gave up,its rude to walk away when someone it talking to you i was a customer hes there to do a job,which he didnt do very well
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08   #23
God Member

Quote:
Now I've had a different experience of National at Accy, I used them for tyres for both my bike and my saab. On both occasions, The advice given was excellent and saved me money over what I could have spent (the manager asked me what type of driving I do and recommended a brand I was unaware of that turned out to be exceptional and at 2/3rds teh cost of a branded tyre). Similiarly when I had a problem with an exhaust, they went out of their way to fix the problem and didn't charge any more than was originally quoted. When it came to my bike tyres they were again very good, lending me tools to remove my wheels (they aren't allowed to remove bike wheels ) and were extremely careful so that they didn't chip/scratch them.

I use the guys at Baxenden Tyres now (Julies had 2 new front tyres on yesterday), they are again courteous, helpful and good value. Plus as they are local guys I feel happier giving my money to local business community rather than some national company shareholders.
Sorry, hate to point out the obvious here but you are a bloke. When women go into a garage they get a completely different service. Because we have no knowledge of cars whatsoever (I don't want to know so I don't know) we are seen as easy targets, either that or ignored completely.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09   #24
God Member

Go back today and ask for it(take your receipt), if they don't give it you threaten them with trading standards.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23   #25
Senior Member+

i havnt got the guts to go back in,i felt defeated then,i think next time i will take my husband in with me,hes a bit louder than me,well i will know for next time,i
Old 10-08-2006, 11:37   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Sorry, hate to point out the obvious here but you are a bloke. When women go into a garage they get a completely different service. Because we have no knowledge of cars whatsoever (I don't want to know so I don't know) we are seen as easy targets, either that or ignored completely.
yes, but as the response was to MickMc it doesn't really come into it.

So tip #1, when a woman needs to go to a garage, walk in with a copy of Top Gear/ Engines R us or some other motoring mag under your arm.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:42   #27
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:

So tip #1, when a woman needs to go to a garage, walk in with a copy of Top Gear/ Engines R us or some other motoring mag under your arm.
Or better still........ send your fella to do it.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:58   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle

Old 13-08-2006, 10:19   #29

Teh word !!!!!!free!!!!!! should have told you its a rip off
nothing in life is free
apart from LOVE

Have fun!!!!!!!!!
Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..