Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 20:03   #256
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Well I went to Mount Carmel and we started at 9, and that was just 3 yrs ago. Also, teachers were all in school at the same time whether they had a class to teach or not, as teachers had meetings in the mornings in the staff room.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2008, 20:04   #257
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well maybe she was out looking for kids wagging school?
Yes, maybe she had been told that the kids were in the butty shop so she went over the road to get them out.

Why wasn't she teaching in class at the time, Blazey?

Who knows?

We don't know that the kids were in her class, just that they are pupils at Rhyddings.

Maybe the teacher was on PPA time......who can say?
Old 06-07-2008, 20:09   #258
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Not so often your right and your wrong again it is an offense to know a felony has been committed or even to know it may be committed and not report it
You’ve come up with an alleged factual statement so prove it.
Old 06-07-2008, 20:19   #259
God Member

Isn't is something like 'withholding evidence' that's illegal. So by implication illegal to not report a crime when you know it's happening.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:25   #260
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I would have thought that any decent parent (and there are obviously several contributing to this thread) would have backed the teacher on this.

Would you want your child to be able to while away the hours in a butty shop when they should be in school?

I wouldn't. I'd want the teacher who'd seen them to haul them into school, punish them as they see fit and then inform me. I would punish them at home also. I would be thanking and apologising to that teacher and would ensure my children apologised to her too.

Too many parents have a laissez faire attitude these days.

To end up with our kids becoming decent, law abiding, employable adults we need to work with the school not against them.
I totally agree as do most accy webbers' but you always get the odd one.The ones we will all be laughing at in a few years time when we watch Airport and they've missed the flight.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:30   #261
God Member

Quote:
I totally agree as do most accy webbers' but you always get the odd one.The ones we will all be laughing at in a few years time when we watch Airport and they've missed the flight.
I don't think they have started passenger flights to other planets yet
Old 06-07-2008, 20:35   #262
God Member

Quote:
Why not have the children 'Clock On'.
If they are late for school...send them home, or back to the butty shop.
Compare this to a working environment.
If this had have been a manager or a foreman walking into the butty shop and finding four members of his workforce in the shop when they should have been at work..........."don't bother coming into work today".
In extreme cases, or if the boss considered you to be a bad worker..."Don't bother coming into work today......Collect your cards of Friday.
Crack the whip and get society back on track....police state my arse?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:42   #263
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well sorry for not going to Rhyddings or knowing anyone who goes there. 8.40 is ridiculous, especially considering the distance some people travel these days to get to school because they're often missing out on their first choice of school. No wonder why they're having to grab breakfast once they're there.

And I ask AGAIN, why was the teacher late into school?!
You are wasting your time arguing with this lot.

You have people saying that they don’t care what the law is and they will see things their way regardless. Not to put too fine a point on it, that is anarchy. And some of these are parents! What a great example to set their children!

If some of this lot lived 150 years ago out in the Wild West they would be the ones forming a vigilante mob to hang someone who they suspected of being a horse thief on the flimsiest of evidence or even none at all. The phrase “You will get a fair trial before we hang you” comes to mind.

But just about everyone is avoiding the point of what was the teacher doing out of school at 8:50am when school started at 8:40am and what she was doing overstepping her authority? The answer is obvious. To admit that the teacher should not have been outside the school at that time and didn’t have the authority to trawl the streets looking for truants during school hours would destroy their silly, petty views.

This is the way debates go on this forum. If a point is too awkward to answer or by answering it can only be an admission that the point is spot on, they ignore it and bring in red herrings.

There is another point that has been ignored because it is too awkward to address. With the kids in assembly a teacher nips out to the butty shop either just for herself or with a staff order and shock horror she bumps into a shop full of pupils and goes mental. How can she get out of such an embarrassing situation? Simple turn on then pupils.

A flight of fancy? Maybe? But it is still a credible possibility.
Old 06-07-2008, 20:48   #264
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Why not have the children 'Clock On'.
Could be easy to cheat, get someone else to clock on for you. Then again a local school uses a fingerprint system instead of swipe card for the cashless canteen. You would find it harder to lend someone your finger to clock on for you
Old 06-07-2008, 20:48   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I would have thought that any decent parent (and there are obviously several contributing to this thread) would have backed the teacher on this.
I made my main contributions at the early stages of this thread and I didn’t back the teacher on the matter.

I don’t think that makes me any less or more decent a person or parent for taking that stance.

It's just an alternative opinion
Old 06-07-2008, 20:49   #266
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
8.40 is ridiculous, especially considering the distance some people travel these days to get to school

Why ridiculous? My grandson went to Manchester Grammar School. He had to be in school for 8.30 and he lived in Warrington, 20 miles away, so he had to leave home at 7 a.m. to get the school bus which went all over the area, picking up, on the way. He did that for 6 years and it was no big deal, there were boys travelling from much further away. The one thing he daren't do was miss that bus and be late for school.
Old 06-07-2008, 20:50   #267
God Member

each to their own and all that i suppose Ste
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:52   #268
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Why ridiculous? My grandson went to Manchester Grammar School. He had to be in school for 8.30 and he lived in Warrington, 20 miles away, so he had to leave home at 7 a.m. to get the school bus .

when i was 15 i lived in Rossendale (Loveclough) but still went to Moorhead, was up at 6.30 every morning, my first bus was at 7.30, i was never late for school once, so you are right westender, there is no excuse
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:53   #269
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Could be easy to cheat, get someone else to clock on for you. Then again a local school uses a fingerprint system instead of swipe card for the cashless canteen. You would find it harder to lend someone your finger to clock on for you
Just a figure of speach Neil...sarky perhaps....I tried every trick in the book when I went to Rhyddings but was never caught 'Red Handed'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:55   #270
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
If some of this lot lived 150 years ago out in the Wild West they would be the ones forming a vigilante mob to hang someone who they suspected of being a horse thief on the flimsiest of evidence or even none at all.

Given your constant views of dealing in facts only we will have to take your own personal experience of that at face value.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..