Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 20:56   #271
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
You are wasting your time arguing with this lot.

You have people saying that they don’t care what the law is and they will see things their way regardless. Not to put too fine a point on it, that is anarchy. And some of these are parents! What a great example to set their children!

If some of this lot lived 150 years ago out in the Wild West they would be the ones forming a vigilante mob to hang someone who they suspected of being a horse thief on the flimsiest of evidence or even none at all. The phrase “You will get a fair trial before we hang you” comes to mind.

But just about everyone is avoiding the point of what was the teacher doing out of school at 8:50am when school started at 8:40am and what she was doing overstepping her authority? The answer is obvious. To admit that the teacher should not have been outside the school at that time and didn’t have the authority to trawl the streets looking for truants during school hours would destroy their silly, petty views.

This is the way debates go on this forum. If a point is too awkward to answer or by answering it can only be an admission that the point is spot on, they ignore it and bring in red herrings.

There is another point that has been ignored because it is too awkward to address. With the kids in assembly a teacher nips out to the butty shop either just for herself or with a staff order and shock horror she bumps into a shop full of pupils and goes mental. How can she get out of such an embarrassing situation? Simple turn on then pupils.

A flight of fancy? Maybe? But it is still a credible possibility.
It is nice to agree with you on something, and I do 100%.

I may have mentioned my own habits in regards to this topic, but people are still ignoring the fact that the teacher was in no position to bring it upon herself to tell the children to get to school.

I didn't realise there was a law on being late to school, just policies. There are laws not attending school at all, but not being late as far as I am aware. Someone please point out the statute and section which says it is illegal to be late for school?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2008, 20:59   #272
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You’ve come up with an alleged factual statement so prove it.
The only way to prove it is to make the same mistake again that I made 36 years ago.And though unlike you I have made mistakes in my life I don't make the same one twice.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 21:00   #273
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well sorry for not going to Rhyddings or knowing anyone who goes there. 8.40 is ridiculous, especially considering the distance some people travel these days to get to school because they're often missing out on their first choice of school. No wonder why they're having to grab breakfast once they're there.

And I ask AGAIN, why was the teacher late into school?!
Why is 8.40 ridiculous? Goodness me, the poor little darlings, having to get up a bit early in the morning. Isn't it a fact that people learn earlier in the day?

In France they have to start at 8.00 every day.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 21:00   #274
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
The only way to prove it is to make the same mistake again that I made 36 years ago.And though unlike you I have made mistakes in my life I don't make the same one twice.
It's a good job times don't change eh?
Old 06-07-2008, 21:01   #275
Senior Member+

Quote:
There are laws not attending school at all
Actually, you're wrong again. The law states that a child must receive a certain level of education at key stages. Most people opt to leave that responsibility to the school system, but a small minority do educate their children at home. As long as the children are being educated at the correct level, they do not have to attend a school.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:01   #276
God Member

Quote:
I may have mentioned my own habits in regards to this topic, but people are still ignoring the fact that the teacher was in no position to bring it upon herself to tell the children to get to school.

I didn't realise there was a law on being late to school, just policies. There are laws not attending school at all, but not being late as far as I am aware. Someone please point out the statute and section which says it is illegal to be late for school?
You are the legal eagle of Accyweb.....why not research it...may be a good exercise for you.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 21:03   #277
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
What a great example to set their children!

Your example to any schoolchild reading this forum is atrocious, advocating that children ignore school rules regarding timekeeping and making any case you can think of to undermine a teacher's authority.

I can't blame Blazey, she is barely out of school herself, but you are old enough to know better. You should be ashamed.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:04   #278
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Actually, you're wrong again. The law states that a child must receive a certain level of education at key stages. Most people opt to leave that responsibility to the school system, but a small minority do educate their children at home. As long as the children are being educated at the correct level, they do not have to attend a school.
Well yes, I mentioned the variations myself of education earlier so obviously I'm fully aware of that, but what I mean is regarding truancy from school when you are meant to be there.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:05   #279
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Given your constant views of dealing in facts only we will have to take your own personal experience of that at face value.
Ever heard of books? Not fiction ones either.

No doubt even in those there was some glamorisation but the essence of the truth was there. Vigilante mobs were a fact of the Wild West.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:05   #280
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
You are the legal eagle of Accyweb.....why not research it...may be a good exercise for you.
Because being late isn't part of law, but people seem to be mentioning reporting crimes and all sorts of rubbish.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:06   #281
God Member

West Ender, I'm not being stupid, because I broke the rules and I'm doing very well for myself, better than most people my age in Accrington. What on earth would I be ashamed about even if I was the same age as Jambutty?
Old 06-07-2008, 21:10   #282
God Member

Also, as far as I am concerned I wish that the chavs didn't turn up for school so then maybe I would've got the individual help I need, perhaps then it would've been worthwhile going.

Nevertheless, I passed all my GCSE's without a problem even though I had the 3rd worst attendance in the year, so it's not even my concern anymore. It's not like it's MY kids that are going to the butty shop
Old 06-07-2008, 21:11   #283
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Why is 8.40 ridiculous? Goodness me, the poor little darlings, having to get up a bit early in the morning. Isn't it a fact that people learn earlier in the day?

In France they have to start at 8.00 every day.
I was taught during last summer that different people learn at different times of the day, we all have our 'prime time' so to speak. I personally do my studying at night, but I suppose that's down to my sleeping habits.
Old 06-07-2008, 21:15   #284
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Your example to any schoolchild reading this forum is atrocious, advocating that children ignore school rules regarding timekeeping and making any case you can think of to undermine a teacher's authority.

I can't blame Blazey, she is barely out of school herself, but you are old enough to know better. You should be ashamed.
Now where did I state that children should ignore school rules?

Where have I undermined the teacher’s authority in school?

The teacher does not have any authority over the school pupils outside of the school except as I have already explained.

If you are going to quote me then do get it right. But why let the truth get in the way of giving me a piece of your mind?
Old 06-07-2008, 21:15   #285
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It is nice to agree with you on something, and I do 100%.

As far as I know there is no law against being the village idiot - so carry on
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..