Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 21:53   #361
Super Moderator

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
When it came it was loaded with 2 burgers, cheese, bacon, salad, relishes and, stuck through the middle of it, a long skewer with a sausage on the top. It was nearly a foot hig
Mmmmm...nice! Making me hungry just thinking about it. Wonder if Ian at Lilly Mae's could rustle me one up?
Old 07-07-2008, 21:56   #362
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Mmmmm...nice! Making me hungry just thinking about it. Wonder if Ian at Lilly Mae's could rustle me one up?
You working on getting barred from Lily Maes???
Old 07-07-2008, 22:00   #363
Super Moderator

I reckon he'll give a complimentary meal with all the plugs I've given to his caff!
Old 07-07-2008, 22:50   #364
God Member

Don't hold your breath!!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:26   #365
Senior Member+

What's wrong with an odd wander? And they don't get much odder than this.

When you're chatting with people you don't just stick to one topic.
Old 08-07-2008, 18:44   #366
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
For a cheeseburger it looks a bit yuck. Is that fried onions on it? Love the half hearted attempt at a bit of salad - why has it got a stick through the middle?
I think it comes with a side order of Lipitor
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 20:08   #367
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
- why has it got a stick through the middle?

a colour code , lets the waiter know if its rare, medium or well done , so the right burger goes to the right person , kitchens use a similar system with steaks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 20:51   #368
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
as apose to older men?
Yes but this older man knows how to spell.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:06   #369
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I hardly think my comment was taken seriously by anyone who posseses a sense of humour, so I can see why you would take it seriously
Casting aspersions is supposed to be funny?

Of course! Silly me! I should have realised! Insult someone or pass a nasty or snide comment or cast aspersions about a person then when it is challenged you question the recipient’s sense of humour or laugh it off as a joke.

Have you read what it states at the top of each page?

Here let me help you – it states “Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Heavily laced with sarcasm!
Do my tired old eyes deceive me? But isn’t that the word “serious”?

Unlike some people I read what is written and I don’t try to second guess what the writer really means.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:17   #370
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Of course the teacher is in the right... if you were supposed to be at your job at 09.40 but it was known you were down the cafe and your manager came to challenge you... would you question your manager or get the sack???
oh "and edit"..Jambutty!..you were in the Navy..would you stick up for your rights to turn up for duty whenever you felt like doing?.. I doubt it!
Did you read through what you wrote before posting it?

I’ve read it through a dozen times and the first sentence still doesn’t make any sense. And come to think of it neither does the second. My neighbour, who just popped in for a few minutes to confirm our arrangement for tomorrow, sat there scratching her head with wonder. And she is a retired teacher.

You don’t have a right to turn up for duty whenever you feel like it. So how can someone stick up for none existent rights?
Old 08-07-2008, 21:19   #371
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Have you read what it states at the top of each page?

Here let me help you – it states “Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!
this from one who gets a monk on about karma n takes that seriously. lighten up fer god sake.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:21   #372
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Choose one that fits;

A lesser version of a Deli

A sandwich shop

Ironically the one is question here goes by the name of Nutty Butty
What! Have we got a new member called Nutty Butty? Or is this yet another figment of your imagination?

Oh! I get it! You’re trying to show everyone how smart and clever you are.

Yes mummy and daddy think you’re very clever. Now go and get your nappy changed.

Last edited by jambutty; 08-07-2008 at 21:24.
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:24   #373
God Member

Quote:
What! Have we got a new member called Nutty Butty? Or is this yet another figment of your imagination?

No, stop being so paranoid - Nutty Butty is actually the name of the sandwich shop involved.

Lancsdave wasn't trying to make a joke at your expense - he was pointing out the irony that we're all calling the shopkeeper a bit nutty for calling the papers, and the shop is called Nutty Butty.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:26   #374
God Member

Quote:

Yes mummy and daddy think you’re very clever. Now go and get your nappy changed.

The name of the cafe/butty shop is Nutty Butty

I'm glad mummy thinks I'm clever, she died when I was 7, thanks for passing the message on, I appreciate it
Old 08-07-2008, 21:35   #375
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
When I was still working we had a sandwich shop about 50 yards from our office. Every morning at 9 o clock a young colleague used to take orders and phone them through to the shop. He would go and collect them about 15 minutes later. The shop provided bacon, sausage or egg sarnies (or any combination) along with lots of other typical Deli sandwich types and also buttered toast.

I miss my bacon barm, since I retired, but it's a bit too far to go for breakfast.
Likewise at Dynamo and Electrical Services, the young goffer would take the fish and chips orders from the workers and take their money, I would phone the order through to the local chip shop and the goffer would have my permission to leave 15 minutes before the dinner break to collect them. There was also one other young lad who did the same for butties from the local butty shop.

The point there is that the goffer had permission to go to the chippy and butty shop. And I had permission from the manager to give that permission.

Did the teacher have permission to be outside the school during school hours? Was she there to buy staff breakfasts? I’ve posed this question before but no one seems to have been interested in making a comment.

I wonder why not? Could it possibly be that my query could have a ring of truth in it and the teacher supporters would then have to admit that she was in the wrong?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..