Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2005, 23:08   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Fathers Day.

I think my son has now gone past the stage of caring anymore (or he just simply dosnt let me see it if it bothers him). Ive always tried to encourage him, but if the other parent cant be bothered there isnt a lot you can do.
I guess when Alecs dad is old and needs somebody around to look after him, thats when it will hit him the most, and thats when i wont blame my son if he looks the other way. Sad i know.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2005, 23:10   #17

Does he havea grandad
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 23:10   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
Don't think they feel any obligation cashman I would hate to think they did.The only thing they feel I'm sure is a bond between themselves and a parent who has cared for them through thick and thin and lets face it their were some thin times for all of us, but they only serve to enrich the bond between a parent and his or her child. Single or otherwise.
think mine do fireman i'm fed up keep tellin em not to waste their brass,but they always do,looks like obligation to me.lol
Old 19-06-2005, 23:15   #19

I'm sure it's just cause your their dad and they want to treat you not be obligated to you.
Old 19-06-2005, 23:15   #20
Senior Member+

Yes Fireman, but not one that is close to him. My dad is very victorian >>> children should be seen and not heard. Its not his fault really, he was an only child and his upbringing was very strict. Hes now 63 and still works shifts so is too tired when he gets home.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 23:15   #21
I am Banned

i got a home made card and a home made photo frame from my eldest son

i got a tower air cooler from my 18 month year old - apparently he has more money than me lol

Last edited by chav1; 19-06-2005 at 23:19.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 23:19   #22

I'm sure, even with his victorian attitude he loves his Grandson how can he not. He probably has a problem showing it. He would in his own way probably die for your son.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Yes Fireman, but not one that is close to him. My dad is very victorian >>> children should be seen and not heard. Its not his fault really, he was an only child and his upbringing was very strict. Hes now 63 and still works shifts so is too tired when he gets home.
Old 19-06-2005, 23:21   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thumbs up Re: Fathers Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i got a home made card and a home made photo frame from my eldest son

i got a tower air cooler from my 18 month year old - apparently he has more money than me lol
thems more valuble to me than owt chav.
Old 19-06-2005, 23:22   #24

And you may be right about him being tired. Before I retired My kids used to think I had no time for them except when they needed disciplining and after retitement you realize what you have missed out on .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Old 20-06-2005, 22:35   #25

Well I must confess I only remembered it was father's day at the last minute. Thought my other half would remind me but she didn't this year on purpose
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..