Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2010, 21:42   #1
God Member

First round of cuts announced

Here we go...amongst the cuts are £670 million in Education funding...Child Trust Funds abolished. and this is only a the start of what this lot have planned for the country...cold winter payments to be "reviewed"
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2010, 22:01   #2
God Member

Re: First round of cuts announced

What's Mancie doing with a Millwall FC badge? I always knew he was a troublemaker.

Anyway, they're all a bunch of softies.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 22:36   #3
God Member

I find it strange that following these cuts the Lib-Dem Vince Cable is the one who is picked to get a grilling on Newsnight.. Cameron and Osbourne seem to go AWOL...could it be that the Tories will use the Lib-Dems in the coalition as the ones who take the flack for unpopular policies....I think so.
Old 24-05-2010, 22:41   #4
God Member

This is just the Appertif....lets see who serves up the starter and then the main course. You never know, the Lib-Dems may then well have gone - or some of 'em, anyway.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:49   #5
God Member

i dont have a problem with the child trust fund been abolished i dont think it should have ever happened in the first place.If you want your child to have some money when its 18 open up a savings acount and put money in each week or month just like those people who wanted their child to have a few quid to start them off did in the past.As much as i dont liek the conservative party they arnt starving anyone by aboloshing the scheme they are merely saving money and a lot of money at that .

if they started aboloshing winter payments for the elderly then yes that would be bad and i dare say been conservatives they will eventualy bring in a cut to screw the poor but the aboloshing of teh childs trust fund wasnt or isnt on my top 10 of worries

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-05-2010 at 23:54.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:53   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally think these cuts are the "Soft" uns, then when we get crucified, they will plead we suffered as well.
Old 25-05-2010, 00:46   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont have a problem with the child trust fund been abolished i dont think it should have ever happened in the first place.If you want your child to have some money when its 18 open up a savings acount and put money in each week or month just like those people who wanted their child to have a few quid to start them off did in the past.As much as i dont liek the conservative party they arnt starving anyone by aboloshing the scheme they are merely saving money and a lot of money at that .

if they started aboloshing winter payments for the elderly then yes that would be bad and i dare say been conservatives they will eventualy bring in a cut to screw the poor but the aboloshing of teh childs trust fund wasnt or isnt on my top 10 of worries
I don't agree Accyman.. the Child Trust Funds were introduced as a long term investment for the future.. maybe 20yrs from now.. seems to me these cuts are short term which is something the Tories blamed Labour policies as "boom and bust"... as far as education cuts go we will not see the impact for maybe ten years.
Old 25-05-2010, 00:50   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't agree Accyman.. the Child Trust Funds were introduced as a long term investment for the future.. maybe 20yrs from now..
A flat screen telly for their twins, Amba-Mai and Kai's bedroom, or if they're clever a return train ticket for their first term at uni.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 01:02   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
A flat screen telly for their twins, Amba-Mai and Kai's bedroom, or if they're clever a return train ticket for their first term at uni.
Whatever.. but it (was) an investment for the future... some of the Tory reports today are comparing us with the economic crisis in Greece
Seems to me this Government are intent on slowing down any recovery and whats more going for a short term saving.. no thought of the future.
Old 25-05-2010, 01:09   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Whatever.. but it (was) an investment for the future... some of the Tory reports today are comparing us with the economic crisis in Greece
Seems to me this Government are intent on slowing down any recovery and whats more going for a short term saving.. no thought of the future.
I tend to agree.

Draconian cuts, that in actual terms are really just a drop in the ocean, if implemented too early, will damage the economic recovery.

Old 25-05-2010, 01:43   #11
God Member

i thought the child trust fund was to provide children with a start to helping get further education but not every child will go into further education so why give every child the money? Wouldnt it have been better to put that money aside and give it to children who put the effort into their school work and get the grades needed to get into university or college rather than give it to every single child.To me it seemed to be a great waste of money and merely put there as a vote buyer for the labour party because i see no sense in giving every child the money when not every child will go into further education so like i said wouldnt it have been fairer and cheaper to have money put aside for those who got their head down at school and did what was required to qualify for futher education?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 25-05-2010, 01:49   #12
Give, give, give member

The best way to encourage children to go into further education is to freeze, cut, or better still, scrap tuition fees.

Sadly this new government looks like it's going to raise them yet again.

Meaning only the truly rich Trustafarians, not the artifically created pretend ones, will be able to afford to go to university.

Old 25-05-2010, 02:04   #13
God Member

i agree education fees should be scrapped but there also needs to be a deterrant to prevent peopel thinking they can just doss through university for a few years at the tax payers expense .Instead of student loans and grants that get blown on holidays abroad and god knows what else books shoudl be provided with some sort of deposit so if lost they can be replaced and a much simpler scheme in place for those who need rent payments because as it is the student loan disqualifys you from help with rent and you are expected to pay for it out of your student grant or loan

why a much simpler system isnt in place where the government provides students/universities with books etc i dont know because it would work out a lot cheaper rather than paying out student loans and grants which wont in most cases get paid back.

i would much rather see a student with a book provided for by teh governmentthan teh government giving a student £20 that could be spent on anything

when the student loans got delayed last year a lot of students were worried because they had booked holidays and needed the money from the grants to make final payments on their holiday

Last edited by accyman; 25-05-2010 at 02:09.
Old 25-05-2010, 06:12   #14
God Member

Quote:
Here we go...amongst the cuts are £670 million in Education funding...Child Trust Funds abolished. and this is only a the start of what this lot have planned for the country...cold winter payments to be "reviewed"
Education for many dosnt happen anyway a they keep bunking off with their gang gonks. If global warming is geoing to be as bad as they predict then these payments wont be needed. If they want to sort out the economy with cuts then how long before they sell the share that the taxpayer has in all those banks that were blinded by easy gold?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..