Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28   #61
God Member

Re: Fracking Blackpool

its a disaster waiting to happen
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
The article says a salt mine cavern collapsed
Old 01-09-2013, 14:45   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The article says a salt mine cavern collapsed
yes but along with many louisianions I'm questioning if the root cause of the collapse was due to fracking.
anyway the fracking operations must put pressure on any underground caverns mining or natural

Last edited by accybeme; 01-09-2013 at 14:49.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:45   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes but along with many louisianions I'm questioning if the root cause of the collapse was due to fracking.
anyway the fracking operations must put pressure on any underground caverns mining or natural
exactly.
fracking is bad news if you live in the same area as the drilling.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 18:01   #65
Junior Member+

I'm in two minds about Fracking. As someone born and bred in Cleveleys and Fleetwood, the horror stories do concern me, but on closer examination, most don't stand up to scrutiny.

The big plus for the area is in terms of jobs. Think the job situation in East Lancs is bad? The Fylde Coast's job situation is worse. There's very little industry and most of the jobs are in the service sector which is heavily seasonal and in the Civil Service which is getting smaller by the week.
mccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 18:55   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccloud View Post
I'm in two minds about Fracking. As someone born and bred in Cleveleys and Fleetwood, the horror stories do concern me, but on closer examination, most don't stand up to scrutiny.

The big plus for the area is in terms of jobs. Think the job situation in East Lancs is bad? The Fylde Coast's job situation is worse. There's very little industry and most of the jobs are in the service sector which is heavily seasonal and in the Civil Service which is getting smaller by the week.
On the contrary,
the more you look beyond the headlines and the responses from the fracking companies and frackig pressure groups, the more dangerous it gets.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:46   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccloud View Post

really!!!! try this link for evidence
Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids Likely Harmed Threatened Kentucky Fish Species | Aleklett's Energy Mix
Old 01-09-2013, 21:13   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reading that its evidence its "Likely" killed fish, nothing more n that as i can see.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its a disaster waiting to happen
So is your mouth
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:36   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reading that its evidence its "Likely" killed fish, nothing more n that as i can see.
com on cashy it's not the west looking for an excuse to invade Iraq this is a
survey by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and "Likely" is a term used when when the evidence points to a cause but can not be proved to be 100% certain
Old 02-09-2013, 14:43   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
com on cashy it's not the west looking for an excuse to invade Iraq this is a
survey by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and "Likely" is a term used when when the evidence points to a cause but can not be proved to be 100% certain
I can accept its probably killed the fish, but that is nowt like causing earthquakes or owt like that, as far as i can see. plus i can't see any claim of that?? to put it bluntly, don't really give a stuff about the fish.
Old 02-09-2013, 15:12   #72
Senior Member+

We need the gas more than we need some 'small, colourful minnows'.
Russia has shown what it will do to gas supplies to countries it disagrees with- and we're not getting on well with Russia.
Bulk delivery gas tanker ships from the Middle East and Morocco- how vulnerable and unreliable can you get? If Syria detonates the Mediterranean there goes a lot of our gas and oil.
We're running out of our own gas and oil( it never covered us 100% even on full flow.)
We've signed up to green policies we can't meet, so we're shutting down the coal power stations, we have only one potential nuclear station supplier left and they want such exorbitant terms we'll have to sit in the dark. Before one is switched on(a rolling ten years) we'll run out anyway- invest now in a candle company
Renewable energy- how many windless days have we had during this lovely summer? Too many to keep your fridge running on green energy even if we covered every field with turbines- and we couldn't afford that electricity either.
In the UK the fracking companies are obliged to declare what goes in the fluid and we are preparing more stringent rules than the US has.
I have no fears of fracking, people forget we have been fracking in the UK since the 60's and no-one even noticed.
We need it desperately, the sooner we get it on stream the better.
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:19   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest i am neither For nor Against fracking, i do not believe enough is known one way or the other,but after having lived to pension age, listening to do-gooders/p.c brigaders/ etc etc, i am leaning much further towards in favour of fracking, cos i'm thoughly sick of listening to those who tell me they know best.
Old 02-09-2013, 15:29   #74
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
We need the gas more than we need some 'small, colourful minnows'.
Russia has shown what it will do to gas supplies to countries it disagrees with- and we're not getting on well with Russia.
Bulk delivery gas tanker ships from the Middle East and Morocco- how vulnerable and unreliable can you get? If Syria detonates the Mediterranean there goes a lot of our gas and oil.
We're running out of our own gas and oil( it never covered us 100% even on full flow.)
We've signed up to green policies we can't meet, so we're shutting down the coal power stations, we have only one potential nuclear station supplier left and they want such exorbitant terms we'll have to sit in the dark. Before one is switched on(a rolling ten years) we'll run out anyway- invest now in a candle company
Renewable energy- how many windless days have we had during this lovely summer? Too many to keep your fridge running on green energy even if we covered every field with turbines- and we couldn't afford that electricity either.
In the UK the fracking companies are obliged to declare what goes in the fluid and we are preparing more stringent rules than the US has.
I have no fears of fracking, people forget we have been fracking in the UK since the 60's and no-one even noticed.
We need it desperately, the sooner we get it on stream the better.
I also think the gas is needed, those against, as was proved by the answer to Cashy, will take 'likely' to mean the Gospel. They get their NHS teeth into an idea and won't allow any other opinion to be the correct way forward.

Yes, there will be problems with fracking, but nowhere near as bad as they claim.

However, to be honest, I find your above post to be borderline screams of ill thought out blind side that gives no-one of sense anything worth reading, unfortunately.

You and they could be twins!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:19   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I also think the gas is needed, those against, as was proved by the answer to Cashy, will take 'likely' to mean the Gospel. They get their NHS teeth into an idea and won't allow any other opinion to be the correct way forward.

Yes, there will be problems with fracking, but nowhere near as bad as they claim.

However, to be honest, I find your above post to be borderline screams of ill thought out blind side that gives no-one of sense anything worth reading, unfortunately.

You and they could be twins!

my my it must be hot in Boloxnia having a bad hairday
please don't throw insults at me because you happen to disagree with something I posted everyone should be allowed to express an opinion

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..