Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2007, 17:20   #166
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: gay adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I won't even begin to dignify that homophobic crap by answering every point.

Just answer two questions though Jambutty?

Why does the union of the same man and woman produce both hetrosexual and homosexual offspring, if they have the same up bringing and role models?

Also why is there no greater incidence of homosexuality amongst the children raised by homosexual parents, as there are hertosexual ones?

Happily the ignorance you show Jambutty is dieing out, just like the other Dinosaurs once did.
I have refrained from adding to my original post mainly because over the weekend there have been three football matches to watch and I wanted to see who said what about what. In other words I was interested to read other people’s opinion on this issue before joining back in the discussion.

Homosexuality is a genetic thing. Somehow the union of genes has got screwed. The homosexual child will not be aware of its sexual orientation until around puberty, although there could be pointers before then that are not understood by the child or the parents for that matter.

In general a girl child of a heterosexual couple will be brought up as a girl and a boy child as a boy.

As one dinosaur to another I was not aware that just because my opinion differs from yours that makes me and it ignorant.

If the best that you can do is to call my opinion homophobic crap and me ignorant instead of coming back with a reasoned argument then as far as I’m concerned you can go and jump in the nearest lake. Forum etiquette prevents me from being more expressive but I’m sure your limited imagination will be able to put some meat on those bones.
Old 28-01-2007, 17:28   #167
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Hang on a mo - children don't catch "gayness".

All the gay people that exist or ever have existed in the world were born of a union between a man and a woman and for the majority were brought up by both parents. It didn't stop them being gay just because they had heterosexual parents as role models.

A lesbian Mum kissing her daughter isn't going to kiss the daughter in any different way than a straight Mum does - unless you are implying it will lead to incest.

Sexual orientation isn't contageous.
No but a lesbian woman with an adopted daughter might. Same as a gay man with an adopted son might.

Are you aware that one girl in ten is sexually abused by her own father and to a much lesser extent boys are sexually abused by their mother. Not to mention by older siblings and aunts and uncles.

I'll grant you that sexual orientation is not contagious in the true sense of the word but it can be learned.
Old 28-01-2007, 17:35   #168
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Jambutty why don't you write to Louise Brown's parents, and tell them they shouldn't really be enjoying being new grandparents, as their union didn't produce a normal child, and they had to resort to having the world's first test tube baby?
What’s that got to do with this topic? Oh! I see! You cannot find anything constructive to say so you introduce an irrelevance.
Old 28-01-2007, 17:39   #169
God Member

Re: gay adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What’s that got to do with this topic? Oh! I see! You cannot find anything constructive to say so you introduce an irrelevance.

wow the shortest sentance to come outta your computer ever i'm amazed....( only jokin)
Old 28-01-2007, 17:42   #170
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Here's a thought - how be if Catholic adoption agencies only deal with applications by Catholics? Would that be acceptable in law?

If so, it would solve the problem because if gay civil partnerships are frowned on by the Catholic church there will be no gay Catholc couples and consequently no gay Catholic couples applying to adopt - so no problem with the Catholic adoption agency turning them away.
A neat solution WillowTheWhisp but it is still a form of discrimination and some people would howl a protest.
Old 28-01-2007, 17:47   #171
Give, give, give member

Jambutty, football or not, I notice you still haven't come up with any evidence to back up your original statements.

Suprise, suprise.

Do let me know if you do.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 17:49   #172
Give, give, give member

Quote:
In general a girl child of a heterosexual couple will be brought up as a girl and a boy child as a boy.
Care to expand on that?

As to me it just seems like more nonsensical waffle.

Old 28-01-2007, 17:52   #173
I am Banned

i wouldnt mind teh catholic church having an opinion on this matter if their churches wernt led by peodophiles and perverts

not saying all priests etc are this way but throwing stones in green houses springs to mind

any religeon in my mind shouldnt have an opinion on anything , anything they do feel needs to be said shoudl be kept in their churches and said to their followers , they in no way shoudl have any say regarding my or anyone elses life especialy those people that arnt catholic

preach their rubbish to their congregations because they are the only peopel who want to hear it , if i wanted to hear their opinion i would go to church ,infact if tehir god is so almighty and powerfull then the least he can do is drop me an email when he decides to talk to me

i dont deal with middle men if gods got anything to say he knows where to find me

chav waits for thunderbolt
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 17:52   #174
Give, give, give member

Jambutty, like I said earlier, your view's, like the other Dinosaurs before you, will soon be happily extinct.

Old 28-01-2007, 17:52   #175
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: gay adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Wow , Jambo .......20 yrs in the Queens Navy , (how did Churchill describe it ...Rum Sodomy and the Lash ) I thought you would be a bit more gay tolerant
You really should read posts and try and understand what is written in them. Just show me where I have ever stated that I served in the Royal Navy for 20 years? THIRTEEN YEARS!

I also resent your implication and if you had said it my face you would be flat on your back gasping for air by now with more than a bruised ego.
Old 28-01-2007, 17:54   #176
I am Banned

Quote:
Care to expand on that?

As to me it just seems like more nonsensical waffle.
not sure myself but i THINK hes saying a gay couple would dress a boy in ribbons and fabulous accesories to match

thats the way i read it anyway but without further explination i wont commit my self any further lol
Old 28-01-2007, 17:55   #177
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You really should read posts and try and understand what is written in them. Just show me where I have ever stated that I served in the Royal Navy for 20 years? THIRTEEN YEARS!

I also resent your implication and if you had said it my face you would be flat on your back gasping for air by now with more than a bruised ego.
Threatening people now?

Macho man, lolllllll

Old 28-01-2007, 17:57   #178
Give, give, give member

Bored now.

Need more intelligent, and challenging arguments than you could possibly come up with.

Ciao.

Old 28-01-2007, 17:59   #179
I am Banned

Quote:
Bored now.

Need more intelligent, and challenging arguments than you could possibly come up with.

Ciao.

garinda minces off in that direction --------->
Old 28-01-2007, 18:17   #180
God Member

Quote:
my apolgies , 13 yrs ,
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..