Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 12:35   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Which isn't hard 99% of the time
ha ha ha! Repeating yourself now Jaysay Don't worry we understand - a senior moment!

I can't be bothered splitting hairs and going back over threads picking over bones!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2012, 13:12   #167
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
There was CB Radio. That was rather popular. I seem to remember 3 people alone were using them in the 80's on Steiner ST where I was growing up at the time. My friend said he used to use CB a lot and often there was trouble caused via that medium with rather negative results.

Another friend and neighbour from those days, many years back then also operated a CB. His name was Ernest Walton, he is now deceased (rip ernie) he also was a master at Morse Code. He used to communicate with people from around the world via Morse and they would make friends and trade postcards and things. So it goes to show it is down to the person and how they are with people which results in the way they are treated.
When did Ernest Walton pass away Restess?
He got his radio licence just after me in 1986 and we took our Morse Code test at Fleetwood Nautical college the year after. His call sign was G0JSQ, I think when he was on CB he was Box Car Willie.
Ernie was my best man at my wedding as well. I seemed to loose track of him when he moved to Bury with Lucy and shortly afterwards he seemed to loose interest in Ham Radio and he never came on the air.
Old 03-04-2012, 13:41   #168
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Great to know the taxpayers will be paying for the government & there agencies to snoop on everyone at a cost of 200 million a year

Taxpayers must foot £200 million bill to have their emails snooped on - Telegraph
It's a farce - never trust a Politician - they are all hypocrites. The Lib-dems were totally against the Labour proposals a few years ago - now they are behind the same ideas!

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 14:19   #169
God Member

nice how they use two big buzz words to make it all seem ok "terrorists" and "pedopholes"

they dont need to monitor EVERYBODY to catch them its like saying put a camera on everyones head so they can see who we are talking to just incase we mention we want to blow something up.

Labour have no right to say a damn word either becasue they supported mandelsons media bill and just as similarly the hypocryts in power now are pushing through teh very thing they fought against.

so it basically proves that these partys disagree with each other not on principle but merely for teh sake of having a good argument and point scoring just like local councils do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-04-2012 at 14:22.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 14:25   #170
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It's a farce - never trust a Politician - they are all hypocrites. The Lib-dems were totally against the Labour proposals a few years ago - now they are behind the same ideas!
Don't tell me you have only just realised this?
And there was me, thinking you were politically savvy(NOT).

However, I didn't see you criticise these Labour proposals. Can't think why.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 14:44   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
nice how they use two big buzz words to make it all seem ok "terrorists" and "paedophiles"
They don't need to snoop on joe public to catch the above ^^

Hollie Grieg Hollie Demands Justice | Working directly with Hollie, Anne Greig & Robert Green

Labour25 Labour25+10 | labour25

Operation Ore , went all the way back to the government till war criminal Blair put a 100 year D-notice on it 'Blair covering up paedophile scandal?' | www.tpuc.org
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 15:07   #172
God Member

like i said they dont need to monitor the internet to the extent they want to catch those people.If the government had any desire to protect children from pedophiles for example they would tattoo pedophile on pedos foreheads and have a list available to everyone saying where they are located like they do in america.

BUT that would be a breech of their civil liberties yet the governent has no problem breechng EVERYONES civil liberties when it suits their adjenda.

These laws arnt been put into place to protect the public and the public are well aware they arnt its just more control for government

like i said in another post we are fast catching up to the same sort of government as china or iran and have no buisness calling the UK a free country anymore because we are all guilty until proven otherwise

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-04-2012 at 15:11.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 15:20   #173
Senior Member+

I will get back to you via PM its been a few year

Ernie found and moved onto the internet and found it wonderful we would chat often via msn and sometimes Ernie would make his own microphone

Ernie and Lucy would come over at xmas or my parents would go to their house. I should be seeing Lucy this weekend as she is coming over to see my parents for easter.

I used to live next him for years on Steiner Street. I used to go to him to get things fixed...all things electrical and I always think of him when I am rebuilding my PC or modifying my xbox. In fact his passing has influenced me to finally do these things for myself my parents and me miss him terribly. He used to call me Elvis. After Elvis Costello I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
When did Ernest Walton pass away Restess?
He got his radio licence just after me in 1986 and we took our Morse Code test at Fleetwood Nautical college the year after. His call sign was G0JSQ, I think when he was on CB he was Box Car Willie.
Ernie was my best man at my wedding as well. I seemed to loose track of him when he moved to Bury with Lucy and shortly afterwards he seemed to loose interest in Ham Radio and he never came on the air.

Last edited by Restless; 03-04-2012 at 15:23.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 17:20   #174
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
ha ha ha! Repeating yourself now Jaysay Don't worry we understand - a senior moment!

I can't be bothered splitting hairs and going back over threads picking over bones!
Take your time, I'll hang about while your mummy powders your bottom and changes your nappy, hope the titty bottle ain't to warm
Old 03-04-2012, 18:49   #175

Two spineless little europeans begin the implementation of the EU's Data Retention Directive, otherwise known as Directive 2006/24/EC

Cranmer: Cameron and Clegg betray the nation?s trust on civil liberties
Old 03-04-2012, 19:14   #176
Beacon of light

Hang on....isn't all this intrusion a contavention of our human rights?
Isn't there something in it about privacy? Could we take the government to the Court of Human rights in Strasbourg?
Old 03-04-2012, 19:26   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Hang on....isn't all this intrusion a contavention of our human rights?
Isn't there something in it about privacy? Could we take the government to the Court of Human rights in Strasbourg?
Which is run by the EU , tbh cant see us getting anywhere with that
Old 03-04-2012, 19:28   #178
Beacon of light

Yes, that was my stab at irony Wrighty......I'm going to have to practise a bit harder.....if you didn't get it.
Old 03-04-2012, 19:32   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, that was my stab at irony Wrighty......I'm going to have to practise a bit harder.....if you didn't get it.
Totally missed it
Old 03-04-2012, 19:35   #180
Beacon of light

Like I said....I'm going to have to try a bit harder.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that you haven't been here that long, and haven't quite got the measure of me yet.....I hope that's what it is

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..