Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2010, 11:54   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Have you ever been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Were they around in the dark ages?
I'll get you at playtime ya young whipper snapper
Old 30-08-2010, 02:51   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ask your Union Rep
Thats a strange answer from a hard right Tory.. what union were you part of that was destroyed under Mrs Thatcher?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 05:36   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'll get you at playtime ya young whipper snapper
If you can catch me.

Mind you it does beg the question does the way kids behave follow them as adults into the work place?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 09:13   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Thats a strange answer from a hard right Tory.. what union were you part of that was destroyed under Mrs Thatcher?
Never needed one Mancie old chap, people used to knock on my door offering me work pal
Old 30-08-2010, 09:15   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
If you can catch me.

Mind you it does beg the question does the way kids behave follow them as adults into the work place?
Interesting point Spugs
Old 30-08-2010, 18:13   #36
God Member

There are some around that carry on at work as they did at school and was wondering if it is a very small minority who cant change. If it is then we need to look at how we bring up our kids. I have worked with a few in the past and their attitude never changed. In a way it must become part of their make up that cant be changed or they refuse to change. Maybe Blazey has run into a few like this were she is. The last one that tried it with me back in the 90's while on the sites got a blooming great shock when he pushed me too far.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 20:09   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I have been in managerial positions since 1969 - my last jobs controlling a a multi-national workforce were in 2008, so i have some experience. & your comments on this thread, particularly "Are you stupid?", would have guaranteed an early departure from any of my staffs. You need to learn about life, which does not start and end at Uni - you appear to be another example of my wasted taxes.
She's like a lot of those I've met over the years who've been to universtities and such, head full of knowledge, no common sense, mouth like Bournmouth, think they are better than others, and should be given special treatment.
Some of them never learn. She is going to get a big shock some day. Her log in name should be Gobby Bitch, not Blazey.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 16:42   #38

Could do with more info Blazey? I.e. is it that an older person with similar experience to you is being preferred, because that wouldn't be on.

However, though I went to uni, I expected to get barked at like a lackey at the start of my first 'proper' job. You get told what to and what not to to do - degree or no degree - if you dont have the experience.

After a couple of years with a really narky, patronising boss I moved on to greener pastures. Funnily enough though, we keep in touch because I know he was only tough on me because he thought I was good. He also appreciated the fact I listened.

It really all depends what your experiences are.
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 19:32   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

I've just started a new job and I've noticed some signs of being treated differently by one of my managers on the basis of what I feel is my age. Because of this I've decided to join a union just in case it escalates and I don't know what to do if it threatens my job if I challenge it.
I have been in & out of work for a few more years than you, one of the things is that I have noticed is that the younger people are treated differently to the older people.

If you don't like the situation you are in, be patient, give it thirty or forty years, THEN, you'll notice a difference.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 19:36   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
She's like a lot of those I've met over the years who've been to universtities and such, head full of knowledge, no common sense, mouth like Bournmouth, think they are better than others, and should be given special treatment.
Some of them never learn. She is going to get a big shock some day. Her log in name should be Gobby Bitch, not Blazey.

Retlaw
I would like to disagree with you...

I would like to...

but how can I?

Spot on.

P.S. I notice that was your 2,000th post.

Last edited by Less; 01-09-2010 at 19:41.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:25   #41
Common Sense Member

Give self-employment a go and see how long it is before you hate the boss.

My employer is awful, I wish I could resign. This morning he dragged me out of bed at 6.00am and into the back office to get on with clearing the backlog. I've just been allowed ten minutes for a cup of tea and some breakfast but he'll be back on my case any minute. There's no union to run to and if I don't work the hours he says I won't get paid. His attitude is that I should be grateful to be so busy and just get on with it.

No matter where you work you'll probably fall into the routine of 'same ****, different day, more of it'.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Give self-employment a go and see how long it is before you hate the boss.

My employer is awful, I wish I could resign. This morning he dragged me out of bed at 6.00am and into the back office to get on with clearing the backlog. I've just been allowed ten minutes for a cup of tea and some breakfast but he'll be back on my case any minute. There's no union to run to and if I don't work the hours he says I won't get paid. His attitude is that I should be grateful to be so busy and just get on with it.

No matter where you work you'll probably fall into the routine of 'same ****, different day, more of it'.
But if you're self employed you only have to work a 30 hour day, 8 days a week and 54 weeks a year. It's nowhere near as bad as a proper job
Old 02-09-2010, 09:06   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is done it, got the T-Shirt, 15/16 hr days, 6 days a week, twas hard graft, no doubt, but loved it, beats the crap oer working fer someone else.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is done it, got the T-Shirt, 15/16 hr days, 6 days a week, twas hard graft, no doubt, but loved it, beats the crap oer working fer someone else.
I hardly think that working 19th - 25th of December merits being called full time self employed.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 20:56   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post

Retlaw
I for one find the word BITCH offensive in whatever text it is used Rudeness is not acceptable whether it is from a university student or a self educated man. You are just as bad!
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..