Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 22:11   #46

Re: Have you ever been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
I for one find the word BITCH offensive in whatever text it is used Rudeness is not acceptable whether it is from a university student or a self educated man. You are just as bad!
Report it... Red triangle bottom left. Or PM the OP, because you are not happy with the post. If you find the post SO offensive, you should of contacted the OP, rather than posting on a open forum, Making "You are just as bad!"

With regard to Blazey, she is a Forum Troll. Nice as she comes, she don't half come out with some crap. Glad I furthered my education later in life, and took the hard graft early, with the constant learning, not needing paper to tell me how good I am. Now I can sit on my arse (with loads of bog roll), whilst the trainees LEARN...

Oh yes discrimination all the way...remember
"There is always someone better than you"...I would quote it but, I wouldn't know who to
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2010, 23:09   #47
Clearly Classy.......

Yes and I confronted the person responsible (my boss), stood up for myself made sure I had the backing of my union and had all my facts correct. Kept notes, times and dates. I was firm and assertive, was not antagonistic or negative. It took a lot for me to do, but I gained so much respect from colleagues and self respect for myself. I went from strength to strength within the organisation and gained the respect from the person responsible.

My theory is: get it sorted asap, be prepared to say to their face what you say behind their backs. Always make people aware that you like to know where you stand with them, whatever the situation.

Good luck x

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 23:15   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
I for one find the word BITCH offensive in whatever text it is used Rudeness is not acceptable whether it is from a university student or a self educated man. You are just as bad!
My dictionary shows
Bitch. Female of dog, fox, wolf. (derog.) woman especially a catty one.
I reckon my using of the word Bitch was pretty near spot on.
In some circles the word Bitch is in everyday use, and no one thinks it rude.
I can think of a lot more descriptions that are rude, but would not be allowed on here.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 23:45   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
My dictionary shows
Bitch. Female of dog, fox, wolf. (derog.) woman especially a catty one.
I reckon my using of the word Bitch was pretty near spot on.
In some circles the word Bitch is in everyday use, and no one thinks it rude.
I can think of a lot more descriptions that are rude, but would not be allowed on here.

Retlaw
Maybe you should get up to date with the urban dictionary:

Bitch: A form of disrespect, a word used to describe the act of whining excessively: A modern-day servant; A person who performs tasks for another, usually degrading in status.
Or Biatch; A Gangsta term of endearment to a female, as in "bring a freind and bottle of vodka you skank Biatch"

Whatever way.. it's an insult.

Last edited by Mancie; 02-09-2010 at 23:47.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Maybe you should get up to date with the urban dictionary:

Bitch: A form of disrespect, a word used to describe the act of whining excessively: A modern-day servant; A person who performs tasks for another, usually degrading in status.
Or Biatch; A Gangsta term of endearment to a female, as in "bring a freind and bottle of vodka you skank Biatch"

Whatever way.. it's an insult.
Or an MP's researcher.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Or an MP's researcher.
Lol, be 'advised' you're receiving some 'special' karma.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..