Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2007, 19:06   #31
God Member

Re: HH already cancelling jobs

I have to admit this was my fear when I heard that Contour homes won the contract over us (Twin Valley Homes). We had heard that they were good at not delivering the promises they had made elsewhere and I also have to deal with them regarding properties they have in the Blackburn area (and that can be fun!!).

Hyndburn Homes is now known as a registered social landlord (RSL) as Lancsdave has said which to be honest means they have the same duties as a council housing dept..... but if they didn't organise their funding correctly then you will get these delays.. IMHO they started the improvement to quickly after transfer and sounds too me like the funding wasn't properly in place!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26   #32
I am Banned

Just had cruden inspector up, to re draft the kitchen plans apparently there was a major fluff up, especially up here where most properties still have asbestos which has admittantly delayed things & some points of the design wasn't practical for the fittings - like this guys honesty unusual in this field lol.

So now re-scheduled for getting work done around the end of May/begining of June, also managed to alter a bit of space for future appliance if should need a chest freezer, still want a dish washer tho lol but least there if should need it before too late which i was concerned with last plan after it was done.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29   #33
God Member

You've got a dishwasher, albeit a tempremental one
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You've got a dishwasher, albeit a tempremental one
Im not tempermental....cheeky
Old 10-04-2007, 12:33   #35
God Member

In week commencing 26th March I had my central heating (warm air) replaced with combi boiler and rads. Workmen were in every day for 5 days.
The job is still not finished because the plasterers and joiners cant keep up with the plumbers and electricians so there is a 2 -3 weeks delay before they arrive. At present there are so many exposed pipes needing boxing in that the place is like a submarine (all piping is 'surface mounted' , some covered by plastic trunking).
When the job is eventually complete I will need to redecorate everywhere at my own expense. A bit pointless really because next year they are scheduled to rewire, and refit kitchen and bathroom.

All this repair work is needed and will be appreciated, since I want to see something to justify a rent increase of over 10% this year.

I just wish the project had been better planned -eg. better co ordination between work teams and some thought given to the 12 month wait before rewire happens. (then again - it might not happen judging by this news)

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-04-2007 at 12:34. Reason: spelling
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 13:51   #36
I am Banned

Yeh we had ours done in january much needed replacement to blowers, they didnt do a bad job & kept to schedule within 7 days complete. We are down for the kitchens to be done soon & a full rewire sometime i dont know when. Tho they told us that they will compensate rooms that need a full decoration with vouchers & the kitchen & bathroom will be done by them anyways - so all not that bad, better than the previous waste of spacers.
Old 10-04-2007, 14:19   #37
God Member

Thanks for the good news that there will be some compensation for some redecoration.

Old 10-04-2007, 14:30   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the good news that there will be some compensation for some redecoration.
Yes there will be but dont know when they will issue them or how much but will get something towards re-docoration due to works. The kitchens & Bathrooms will be done as soon as internal works are finished they recon within the 5-6 weeks for both to be completed.
Old 10-04-2007, 14:37   #39
God Member

I would have preferred all the mess in the same year, but I suppose the have to do a bit of something for everybody each year. The rent goes up in 5 annual stages to a 'target rent' - I haven't been able to find out what this target rent is - (I don't get any housing benefit, so it matters) I have a friend who lives in a Twin Valley flat in Darwen similar size to mine and he paid £15 a week more than me last year.

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-04-2007 at 14:38. Reason: typo
Old 12-04-2007, 00:25   #40
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Story of my life Mick tho well they've ordered my stuff but the grant bank ran out again - ah well just thank god i got me central heating which was the most needed
Without wanting to thread wander mel, I applied for a grant from Wamfront before christmas for a central heating upgrade, (a DEFRA grant), they ok'd it but the installers wanted £702.00 top up money, so I put them on hold till I got the brass together, lo and behold a phone call this morning, from the installers "when can we start your job" "I said what about this top up money" "dont worry about that you can now have it for nothing" "start next week" I replied. So what do you make of that

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 12-04-2007 at 00:29.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..