Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 21:00   #16
God Member

Re: How bad were YOUR Ancestors ?

Nothing for mine but I'm not surprised my name is't exactly a common one.
Old 11-07-2005, 16:42   #17
Resting in peace

Only one felon, but two witnesses for mine. Must have been a law-abiding lot, apart from the one who got a free trip to Australia.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 19:37   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Only one felon, but two witnesses for mine. Must have been a law-abiding lot, apart from the one who got a free trip to Australia.
If you are the one with the same surname as me then I found 38. Yes some of them were transported to australia. One for life aged 17 for stealing a red and white silk handkerchief priced at 3shillings. A bit strong for 1818?
P.S. These are from london and my tree takes us to cornwall
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 19:51   #19

how bloody good was that site.
Having just put my surname in i found there were only eight cases UNTIL i start to read a couple of them.
in october of 1820 someone with my forename and surname was tried for the theft of mother of pearl shells that had fallen of a trailer that was on its way in to be weighed.
apparently found on the floor and later collected .
The consequences where i was guilty and was detained for two months and after that was publicly whipped.THAT IS REALLY SCARY.BUT EXCELLANT TO READ THANKS
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 20:18   #20
God Member

Great site that Mick as Lettie said 511 for us!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 23:15   #21
I am Banned

our primeminister dosnt have a clean bunch in his history either

Quote:
104, 105. John Deacon and Thomas Blair were indicted, John Deacon for unlawfully and wickedly laying Hands on Thomas Blair , with an Intent to commit the detestable Crime of Sodomy; and Thomas Blair , for unlawfully, voluntarily, and wickedly permitting and suffering the said John Deacon to lay Hands on him the said Thomas, with an Intent to commit the said detestable Crime of Sodomy, Oct. 18th.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 01:15   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
our primeminister dosnt have a clean bunch in his history either
Nice one chav. never thought of putting his name in, but good result
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..