Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2007, 20:07   #31
God Member

Re: I have changed my mind, the Police really are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I said the amount of traffic differs, not how acceptable it is to park on the lines. I think you're not reading what I said properly.

This thread was about the non effectiveness of the police to stop people parking outside a school. Far from me not reading properly what you put, I would suggest you have turned this in to one of your 'Blazey's Perfect World' threads
Old 15-11-2007, 20:08   #32
Senior Member+

we have had police round at the school at home time to stop ppl parking illegally and the school have handed out letters..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 22:43   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
This thread was about the non effectiveness of the police to stop people parking outside a school. Far from me not reading properly what you put, I would suggest you have turned this in to one of your 'Blazey's Perfect World' threads
I said use CCTV, its hardly something I would normally say as I'm not a big fan of 'Big Brother Britain' but with the modern ability for CCTV to recognise and log registration numbers, the ability to fine those illegally parking would be much easier than a police officer stood around, in full view anyway, when thats the job of a traffic warden, not a police officer.

We could always try this idea...
Cardboard police clones to cut crime - Times Online

All of a sudden my idea about cctv doesnt seem so stupid does it
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 22:45   #34
Senior Member+

lmao @someone stealing it!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 16-11-2007, 07:09   #35
Resident Waffler

Springhill School have handed out countless numbers of leaflets asking people not to park on the zig zags but they still do it.

I've nothing against people using cars. Sometimes they have good reasons. It's a steep road and not everyone is fit as a fiddle. We used to take our children to school by car when they were little but always managed to park legally. The zig zags are there for the safety of their children and yet people blithely ignore them. Why is it that the seem to think the rules don't apply to them?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 07:49   #36
Senior Member+

at a school i used to work at they had someone standing outside to stop ppl parking on the zig zags.... not a fun job, i did it a few times and all i got was abuse

Old 16-11-2007, 08:43   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Springhill School have handed out countless numbers of leaflets asking people not to park on the zig zags but they still do it.
I think they should exclude the children of parents who park on the zig zags for endangering the other children.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:50   #38
Senior Member+

why punish the children because their parents are idiots?

Old 16-11-2007, 10:14   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I dont understand it either.

When the child does something wrong its blame the parents, when its the parents fault lets just punish the child. Why is there this way of dealing with things in the educational system?
The people who suggest these ideas just dont know how to deal with a problem directly and want to deal low blows, because thats all punishing the child for the parents actions would be, a low, cowardly blow.

My favourite 'punishment' for drivers for me, are the bus boullards (sp?) that go down to let buses through but then go back up once they've past, and cars that try to get through sneakily get their car damaged when it goes up too fast. Break the rules, pay the price, and very literally. Bet they never try doing it again.

People who park on zigzag lines are just irresponsible, and I dont see why they aren't just automatically fined. There shouldnt even be a warning, and same for OTT speeding aswell. No excuses for not knowing you cant park there or going certain speed limits. What do these people think theory tests where for? You get tested on them so you know and can abide by what they say. Too many people think that they're above the law when it comes to driving, and there alot of things that drivers do illegally that many think are acceptable; speeding, talking on mobile phones, parking on double yellow/zigzags/loading bays etc, drinking over the limit and driving to just name a few.

These people probably (and this isnt based on fact) cause more depths than intentionally armed robbers do, and theres no such thing as letting them off, when potentially more lives are at risk from people ignoring laws on driving.

Annoys me when people say 'well you clearly arent a driver, you wouldn't know', but i'm still a bloody pedestrian and at risk because of the idiots who think its fine to 'bend' rules. Its hardly bending rules when you've knocked over a child crossing the road, or swerved on to the pavement not being able to focus on the road and wiped out the happy couple with their baby in the pushchair. THINK adverts are eant to be a shock advert and make people abide by the rules, millions see them every day, but it makes me wonder how many actually shrug it off and say 'that'll never happen to me, im a safe driver blah blah blah'. Arghhh rant over.
Old 16-11-2007, 10:50   #40
Resting in peace

Bring back the old type 'beat copper' who spend their entire career on the beat, not flying up and down, wasting time and money on 'knock for knock' car accidents were their presence is neither wanted or needed. These lazy would be formula one driver coppers are not nescessary, just an expensive luxury. As for car's parking/ stopping outside schools, block the streets where possible, introduce a statutary fine for offenders collectable by an appointed officer of the school staff or goveners, this could be a shared responsibility, and the 'officers' paid out of the fines. Time also to stop foreigners playing the "me no understand" race card on what they see as trilial issues, and the Polce can't be bothered to follow up fearing backlash may stunt their promotion prospect, if they get involved with race issues however trivial they consider them. They have no problem booking the 'majority'of the population!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 12:06   #41
God Member

Quote:
The people who suggest these ideas just dont know how to deal with a problem directly and want to deal low blows, because thats all punishing the child for the parents actions would be, a low, cowardly blow.

So if the school itself said we are going to get tough and protect our pupils by telling the parents who park on zig zags that they will have their child excluded if they continue, whose fault will it be. The cowards who suggest the rule, the police for not enforcing the rule, OR THE STUPID IGNORANT LAW-BREAKING PARENT WHO PARKS THERE. ( PS I might have given you an obvious clue )
Old 17-11-2007, 20:32   #42
God Member

I think that people will still ignore the threat of having their student expelled, because they can just move their child to another school and explain why they were expelled in the first place.

If they ignore fines against themselves then what makes u think theyre going to be afraid of having to move their child to a different school?
Old 17-11-2007, 20:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
I think that people will still ignore the threat of having their student expelled, because they can just move their child to another school and explain why they were expelled in the first place.

If they ignore fines against themselves then what makes u think theyre going to be afraid of having to move their child to a different school?

So basically the parent is the one punishing the child and doesn't have a problem with it. Strange parenting methods if you ask me.
Old 17-11-2007, 21:38   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Well if the head, teachers, teaching assistants etc got their backsides out of the staff room and asked drivers who are stopping on the zigzags to move in the first place maybe we would not have a problem.

And yes, before you ask, I do think the safety of children entering school premises is partially the responsibility of the school.
Old 17-11-2007, 21:49   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
at a school i used to work at they had someone standing outside to stop ppl parking on the zig zags.... not a fun job, i did it a few times and all i got was abuse
as i said earlier the teaching assistants do try to stop them but all we get is abuse!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..