Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2007, 13:10   #1
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I have changed my mind, the Police really are stupid.

I usually stand up for our local Police but I have just seen something that has made me wonder about the people in charge of the local bobby's (well PCSO in this case). Maybe we are just lucky in Ossy and our PC's and PCSO's are better than most.

Ok story time, get a brew and make yourselves comfortable.

I have been complaining to the Police on and of for ages about ignorant drivers who park on the zigzags outside Fairfield Children's Centre, where my daughter attends. Yesterday I actaully asked when they were going to do something about it. I was told they can't be outside every school every day. I asked how many schools have kids being dropped off/picked up at half past one in the afternoon? I also asked when they were last outside Fairfield. neither question was answered.

I picked her up today and stood right outside the school was a PCSO in full dayglo uniform. Being the inquisitive type I asked him what be was doing. You never know he might have been lost. He informed me he was stopping people from parking on the zigzags. I asked him why and was told it was an offence to do so. I asked him what the point was of standing there where everyone could see him, should he not be just around the corner then stick a ticket on someone when they do stop? He informed me that giving out tickets can cause bad feeling. I said good they should not be parking there at all. I carried on to tell him I thought he was wasting his time and that cars will again be parked there tomorrow as they were yesterday. He also told me he was stood there because he had been told to and that is what he is paid for. At this point the tone in his voice started to be a little errm unprofessional shall we say. I left him wasting his time by the roads edge and picked up my girl.

I set off in the car and drove around the block. As I drove along the street about 50 yards from school, two young lads, about 3 or 4 years old were playing football in the road. They saw me and kicked the ball onto the footpath. I slowed down to about 10mph as I passed them. Just before I reached them the ball rolled into the road followed by a little boy. Thankfully, due to good tyres and ABS I managed to stop inches from hitting him. That PCSO might have stopped the boys from playing in the road if he had been walking the beat instead of wasting his time stood outside school

If I had been the idiot driving the Subaru yesterday at about 40mph past school with his dump valve whistling at every gear change (he was in 4th so was probably doing at least 40mph) that boy could well be dead now.

I will no doubt be having an interesting conversion with the local Inspector in a couple of weeks when I see him about the waste Police resources and how no one parked outside school for a whole half hour while his PCSO was stood there.
Old 14-11-2007, 13:40   #2
God Member

Re: I have changed my mind, the Police really are stupid.

Reading things like this you can't help but wonder if these community bobbies are only there because they will do just what they are told It is obvious to a fool that no one is going to park illegally when they know they will find a ticket when they get back. As you say if getting a ticket causes bad feelings don't put yourself in the position and you won't get the ticket!! Do these people think that the lines are put there just for fun?
Old 14-11-2007, 13:46   #3
Resident Waffler

Reminds me of the time we saw someone trying to break into the house next door with a crowbar at the window. Phoned police. Did they sneak up quietly and catch the guys red handed? Of course not. They came zooming up the road with sirens blaring and lights a flashing and the culprits scarpered before they got within 100 yards of the place.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 14:58   #4
God Member

ah plastic police officers, it probably wasnt in his job description to do anything......gob****e (the pcso Neil not you)
Old 14-11-2007, 15:05   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wether its the job description, or poor training, these clowns are just a complete waste of recources,from where i'm standing.
Old 14-11-2007, 15:10   #6
Senior Member+

a typical example of jobs worth
no insentive no iniciative no sense

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 16:52   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wether its the job description, or poor training, these clowns are just a complete waste of recources,from where i'm standing.
I don't agree with that. Our PCSO's in Ossy do a good job. I think a real PC would have done the same thing. In fact I have seen them doing it out my boys school. It was just pointless, they will park there again tomorrow.
Old 14-11-2007, 18:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ah plastic police officers, it probably wasnt in his job description to do anything......gob****e (the pcso Neil not you)
What is "gob****e"? Some obscure expletive I have forgotten? C***sucker, I could understand, and motherf***er, but this one escapes me.

A couple of years ago the Colonial Broadcasting Corporation did a story on this guy who applied to be a copper and took the tests, one of which was an IQ test. His application was turned down because he scored too high on the IQ test. The argument of the police force, (it was the York Regional, one of the largest forces in Ontario) was that people who were too intelligent could not put up with the mind numbing boredom of riding around in a police cruiser munching on donuts.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 18:07   #9
God Member

lol thats a word my dad has ALWAYS used...

Urban Dictionary: gob****e

maybe i used it in the wrong context....but its still a good word
Old 14-11-2007, 20:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't agree with that. Our PCSO's in Ossy do a good job. I think a real PC would have done the same thing. In fact I have seen them doing it out my boys school. It was just pointless, they will park there again tomorrow.
perhaps thats cos there is not enough real PCs and an abundance of clowns
Old 14-11-2007, 20:30   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol thats a word my dad has ALWAYS used...

Urban Dictionary: gob****e

maybe i used it in the wrong context....but its still a good word
A good word is its own context ... maybe I will start using it ... that should draw some blank looks from the local yokels.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 22:06   #12
God Member

Well I say bang up a CCTV camera so registrations are in full view and send fines to the registered car owners address. Why even wasted police resources by having them have to stick fines on the windows at all when they could be doing something better.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 22:09   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well I say bang up a CCTV camera so registrations are in full view and send fines to the registered car owners address. Why even wasted police resources by having them have to stick fines on the windows at all when they could be doing something better.
that i do like.
Old 14-11-2007, 22:28   #14

Blazey, if CCTV is not already in operation in that area, the cost of putting up a camera, the erection of the pole that it would sit on, the running of the wires to that pole ( from god knows where ) the maintenance of the equipment and some buggers wage to sit viewing a monitor……etc. Surely it would have been better, in this instance, for the PCSO to have worked out what was going on, let folk do what they normally do, then slap a ticket on their car.

If the said PCSO was told merely to go and monitor the goings on, report back, take no action…Then the blame lies higher up the tree.

Get more coppers out on the beat, that’s my opinion.
Old 14-11-2007, 22:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy;
[FONT=Comic Sans MS
Get more coppers out on the beat, that’s my opinion[/FONT].
[/SIZE]
thats the problem, they aint got the manpower, but plenty of cheap clowns to send.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..