Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2006, 20:09   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Iresponsible Parents

we had a german shepard dog from a pup she was no good around people yes she would bite,we never trained her to she was very terratorial and never liked anyone coming near my family,no we never trained her, she just attacked other people,i dont think you can ever trust a dog,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2006, 20:13   #17
God Member

Had a Jack Russel that hated people threatening me but she only growled and snapped never bit them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:18   #18

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Good point jackyalex,you cannot ever fully trust a dog.i have a staffy bull terrier pup and all the kids in the street adore her,but if she was left alone with a screaming baby i wouldnt trust her.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:31   #19
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
they've had the taste of blood which can never be reversed.

It does come down to responsible dog handling, my staff Ben is uncomfortable around babies
dogs are just like computers they only do what they are told it is the responsability of the owners every time and they should be charged it is not the dogs fault if your dog is "uncomfortable"around young children it's your training at fault not the dog if he had been introduced to small children at a young age you would have no qualms of leaving him with younger kids I am not having a go at you personally just sick of people jumpuing on the band wagon to get rid of dangerous dogs I totally agree with pit bulls have owned them and they are completely untrustworthy owned most breeds of dog and own dogs now have a grandson who is 7 months old and have no fear of leaving him in a room with any of the 5 dogs I now own jack russell x2 stafford x2 doberman x1
bullydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:41   #20

No animal regardless of what it is should be left unattended with children of any age.
Children can be evil towards animals whether intentional or not and similarly animals can take a dislike to someone. No-one can explain why these things happen but its certainly tragic when it does happen.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:47   #21
Senior Member+

Accy Jay i will agree with you there.Its the owners at fault.We have had dogs all our lives and not one has even shown a possibility of attacking a child.
Its the way that they get trained by their owners.Police dogs attack but also know when to stop.Properly trained dogs are not killers.
In Germany they have also had their problems with this type of dog.They upped the dog tax so high that no one is interested anymore
Old 25-09-2006, 20:57   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydia
dogs are just like computers they only do what they are told it is the responsability of the owners every time and they should be charged it is not the dogs fault if your dog is "uncomfortable"around young children it's your training at fault not the dog if he had been introduced to small children at a young age you would have no qualms of leaving him with younger kids I am not having a go at you personally just sick of people jumpuing on the band wagon to get rid of dangerous dogs I totally agree with pit bulls have owned them and they are completely untrustworthy owned most breeds of dog and own dogs now have a grandson who is 7 months old and have no fear of leaving him in a room with any of the 5 dogs I now own jack russell x2 stafford x2 doberman x1
does your son or daughter know you leave their child with dogs unattended,i would go mental ,when you have more than 1 dog they act as a pack what would you do if the dogs attacked each other whilst your grandson was left alone in the room,he could get hurt,and dont tell me that dogs dont go for each other

Last edited by Len; 25-09-2006 at 21:18. Reason: fix
Old 25-09-2006, 21:16   #23
Junior Member+

yes they do im not saying they are perfect and i don't leave my grandson on his own with the dogs what im saying i could go and put the kettle on and leave him in trhe same room while i did it only a fool would leave a dog in charge of children!
Old 25-09-2006, 21:27   #24
Resident Waffler

I don't think you can generalise about a breed all the time. We had several Yorkshire Terriers in the family. One was a total softie and one an absolute terror that would have a lump of your leg as soon as look at you! She needed strict discipline. I wouldn't have left her alone with a baby.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:52   #25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex
when you have more than 1 dog they act as a pack
well that just shows how much you know about dogs staffords arn't pack dogs as any staffie owners will tell you most terrriers are loners so your pack theory is de bunked
Old 25-09-2006, 21:53   #26
Senior Member+

well if you think you know that for sure your prob the only one
Old 25-09-2006, 21:59   #27
Junior Member+

yeah me and the kennel club
Old 25-09-2006, 22:00   #28
Junior Member+

and every responsable dog owner in the country
Old 25-09-2006, 22:04   #29
Senior Member+

well your talking sh"t ,its in the dogs nature,anyway ive got my opinion youve got yours im gonna leave it at that
Old 25-09-2006, 22:10   #30
God Member

well ive got two dogs ,one of which has grown up with all my children from young have never had a problem with her or feared her around the children ,but now she is older i would never trust her round children nor would i leave her alone with them, I even ask the vet to mussle her before i will let them treat her ,she is still not a viscious dog but she is very old and dosent have the temperement that she once had and i believe that prevention is better than cure i also have a young dog 2yrs old who is completely different,brilliant temperement and really loving and although i know he would nt go for anyone if myself or hubby are around i wouldnt trust him to be around children if i wasnt there, both my dogs are well diciplined but that dosent mean they wouldnt push their luck given half the chance.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..