Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2005, 15:15   #91
white rabbits

Re: Is it any wonder children swear?

i think i am one of the few people who has not seen the film four weddings and a funeral
after the first five minuets i left the room in disgust.....and i am not a prude

Last edited by grannyclaret; 17-09-2005 at 15:16.
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2005, 17:04   #92
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
At the age of 7 when visiting a friend of mine on Selby Close in Baxenden one of my kids came out with: have i read this wrong? if not you sure started young willow lollll
No, I don't think you have read it right.

The phrase "at the age of 7"and the phrase "when visiting a friend of mine" both relate to the subject of the sentence who is "one of my kids" - she was 7 at the time so there's nothing wrong with what I wrote. If I'd meant myself I would have had to write "At the age of 7 when I was visiting a friend of mine"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 13:48   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
But I once said it to them in front of my mum and got into trouble, bearing in mind I am 34 and still completely respect what my mum has to say I am unable to ever say it again.
That's fair enough, but if my mother decided to stick her oar in I'd have told her to 'bog off' (or something less polite) as well!

It's all down to relationships, I guess

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 14:41   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
That's fair enough, but if my mother decided to stick her oar in I'd have told her to 'bog off' (or something less polite) as well!

It's all down to relationships, I guess
I would still get a clip around the lug for my troubles

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 14:57   #95
I am Banned

My daughter who learnt hard way of dirty mouth & fairy has another use LOL she picked up a new word from a kids tv prog which is a polite substitute for frustration cos thats all swearing is really other than habit she says oh frizzeles which is fine my word when i was younger n still do is piggin or friggin heck hummmmmm think its got a lot to do with censorship tv had to cover up swear words they used to do altho hmmm lip reading gives a lot away especially at footy matches on tv lol!!!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 16:06   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
No, I don't think you have read it right.

The phrase "at the age of 7"and the phrase "when visiting a friend of mine" both relate to the subject of the sentence who is "one of my kids" - she was 7 at the time so there's nothing wrong with what I wrote. If I'd meant myself I would have had to write "At the age of 7 when I was visiting a friend of mine"
see how easy i get confused? its me age lol
Old 20-09-2005, 19:50   #97
Beacon of light

If I am particularly frustrated with something my word of choice is 'futtocks'.....it doesn't mean anything and it is unlikely to cause offence to anyone in earshot.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 20:36   #98
God Member

I am a guilty parent as I just let rip I have never used an alternitive nonsensical word. Its a bad day when your kid pulls you up for foul language. Shows she knows better though.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..