Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 23:22   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Its Good to Talk

Is this what Thatcher wanted, when she closed down all the hospitals like Brockhall?

We are meant to be caring for these people, not antagonising, and running circles round them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2007, 23:24   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I basically mean talk sense or butt out, I asked an innocent question, (strange as it may seem to help a newbie), that newbie came back aggressive towards me then attempted to talk sense and missed, (by a mile), there are an infinite number of combinations as to how a keyboard can be used yours are lacking in thought, pleasantry's, and mainly Common sense.

That is, so long as what you type is worth the rest of us paying attention to, you have had your chance, you are obviously not worth spending time bringing to our standards, so go away and leave us to our world.

I would hate to go out of my way to insult you because so far you haven't said anything worth the criticism.

P.S. calm down or I'll get upset!

Firstly my response to your question was not aggressive- I may have mis read your question but did not respond in an aggressive manner. I think the only aggression on display has been directed at me.

If you speak for Accrington Web as your response claims then I would be more than happy to 'leave you to your world' as it is abundantly obvious that it is one lacking coherent thought or the ability to debate in any sensible manner. It would be such a pity tyhough as I have read a number of comments on various threads from individuals that I am pretty sure that you would not be speaking for.

Maybe I am wrong- maybe you are the voice of the web- the webmaster so to speak- and if so god help us. Your comment regarding common sense is totally beyond me- perhaps I dont have any then.

I think that my question and subsequent responses did follow a theme. It feels however that it was hijacked by individuals who want to flex their 'I've been here longer than you' muscles.

Perhaps I should close by asking the question therefore to others on the forum-
Are the comments posted here reflective of the views of forum members? If so I will gladly accept that this is not the place for me and bid farewell graciously
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 23:26   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is this what Thatcher wanted, when she closed down all the hospitals like Brockhall?

We are meant to be caring for these people, not antagonising, and running circles round them.

is this a joke about people with mental health problems? If so how proud you must be.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:28   #34
Yank in King Art's Court!

I believe in free speech. However, I would not defend someone else getting on a soapbox about something I disagreed intensly about or found detestable.

I mean really, how many would truly defend a pedafile shouting out the benefits of such a lifestyle in a public square (oh and you've got your children in tow)? Or, a lunatic terrorist/psycho/etc, ranting on about killing, maiming, hurting those within earshot. I don't believe I would stand in front of these folks and let the rocks hit me.

So, how many would really defend all speech? I will go out on a limb and say there is in fact some speech that I would not allow. A good personal example is flag-burning by american citizens.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 23:29   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Firstly my response to your question was not aggressive- I may have mis read your question but did not respond in an aggressive manner. I think the only aggression on display has been directed at me.

If you speak for Accrington Web as your response claims then I would be more than happy to 'leave you to your world' as it is abundantly obvious that it is one lacking coherent thought or the ability to debate in any sensible manner. It would be such a pity tyhough as I have read a number of comments on various threads from individuals that I am pretty sure that you would not be speaking for.

Maybe I am wrong- maybe you are the voice of the web- the webmaster so to speak- and if so god help us. Your comment regarding common sense is totally beyond me- perhaps I dont have any then.

I think that my question and subsequent responses did follow a theme. It feels however that it was hijacked by individuals who want to flex their 'I've been here longer than you' muscles.

Perhaps I should close by asking the question therefore to others on the forum-
Are the comments posted here reflective of the views of forum members? If so I will gladly accept that this is not the place for me and bid farewell graciously
Did Less top the Accy Web Master poll?

I forget.

Old 01-07-2007, 23:30   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
I believe in free speech. However, I would not defend someone else getting on a soapbox about something I disagreed intensly about or found detestable.

I mean really, how many would truly defend a pedafile shouting out the benefits of such a lifestyle in a public square (oh and you've got your children in tow)? Or, a lunatic terrorist/psycho/etc, ranting on about killing, maiming, hurting those within earshot. I don't believe I would stand in front of these folks and let the rocks hit me.

Brian
thats quite a fair summary, i can live with that.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:33   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Did Less top the Accy Web Master poll?

I forget.
No I was too busy shoving my head where the sun don't shine that day trying to get away from idiots.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 23:39   #38

Quote:
is this a joke about people with mental health problems? If so how proud you must be.
Hey, I laughed and I have a mental health problem, it's called Rosebud.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:40   #39

Quote:
No I was too busy shoving my head where the sun don't shine that day trying to get away from idiots.

If only you had succeeded.

I assume I am one of the idiots you are referring to. Could I ask- what specific aspect of what I have had to say do you regard as idiotic?

So far the only idiotic comment I have seen (and I accept that ones perception of idiocy is subjective) is Garindas insensitive joke about mental illness.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:43   #40

Quote:
Hey, I laughed and I have a mental health problem, it's called Rosebud.

How offensive. I sincerely hope that neither yourself nor anyone close to you ever suffers from an illness of this nature. Or are you jusy trying to ba amusing- and if so shame on you.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:43   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I assume I am one of the idiots you are referring to. Could I ask- what specific aspect of what I have had to say do you regard as idiotic?

So far the only idiotic comment I have seen (and I accept that ones perception of idiocy is subjective) is Garindas insensitive joke about mental illness.
I wasn't joking!

I do care by the way.

Old 01-07-2007, 23:44   #42

Quote:

Oh are you still here? I thought you'd already said your goodbyes?

Quote:
rosebud= I will gladly accept that this is not the place for me and bid farewell graciously
As is often said to people of your ilk, don't slam the door on the way out.
Old 01-07-2007, 23:49   #43

Quote:

As is often said to people of your ilk, don't slam the door on the way out.

If you are going to quote usually more accuarte to quote the whole sentence. My comment followed the question of whether your views are reflective of other forum users.

'As is usually said to people of your ilk' - What ilk is that then?

Were you a bully at school as well? or perhaps you were bullied and now its payback?
Old 01-07-2007, 23:49   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No, first we must genuflect before you, and proclaim you our leader.

Old 01-07-2007, 23:52   #45

Quote:
No, first we must genuflect before you, and proclaim you our leader.

Couldnt you find a graphic showing genuflect?
Or is this a depiction of you begging for forgiveness for your abhorrent views regarding the mentally ill?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..