Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 18:26   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Its Good to Talk

theres a lot of sense in that statement red- not to mention TRUTH.
Old 02-07-2007, 18:27   #77
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
but come on if the so called long term members were such a problem then why is it only recently things have gone down hill on here??
Agreed. I've not noticed anyone changing. I know haven't.

Indeed I've probably mellowed, and am even sweeter.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:37   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Agreed. I've not noticed anyone changing. I know haven't.

Indeed I've probably mellowed, and am even sweeter.
thats what I was saying, how can it be classed as god members, big guns, bobber inners or outers or whoever else that has been blamed for the problems when they have been here for what feels like forever and yet the issues on here have only been recent?? makes no sense to me..

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:40   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
thats what I was saying, how can it be classed as god members, big guns, bobber inners or outers or whoever else that has been blamed for the problems when they have been here for what feels like forever and yet the issues on here have only been recent?? makes no sense to me..

Common sense at last.

(Or are you just using propaganda, and are infact the Mafia spokeswoman?)

Old 02-07-2007, 18:41   #80
Senior Member+

I just feel like there are far more pressing issues in the world at the moment than the Accy Web mafia etc. I come home from work hoping to unwind and catch up with friends on here; instead it just has the opposite effect and makes me wonder why I bothered even logging in. If something isn't done, and fast I will be joining Accymel ! ( And I know that seems like giving in to the twerps who are responsible but life is too bl**dy short !!!!)
Old 02-07-2007, 18:42   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps the 'big guns' are members, who in the middle of a debate are asked a question about something they have posted, and when asked to expand what they meant, actually have enough skill, or even basic good manners, to answer it.

Since both you by asking, and myself in answering your query, are by definition, big guns.
OK Bombadier.......I give up
Thats your answer Willow.
I for one as a newbie will not run away with tail between legs because I have crossed swords with the heavy posters.
Its all very well to make fun of someone who can't or wont defend themselves from the onslaught but I am not built that way.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:56   #82
Resident Waffler

Crossed swords? Well a few of us disagreed with you on one subject but that was just that subject. It doesn't mean we want to drive you away with your tail between your legs It just means that we have a different opinion and offered some advice which you weren't prepared to take which is fair enough because you have every right to refuse to accept advice even if it is intended to help you.

Any other subject you post on will and has been responded to quite independently purely in relation to that specific topic.

I almost gave you some karma for something earlier today but it wouldn't let me because I've given out too much already.

Just because some of us have been here longer and posted more doesn't make anything any new members say any less valid but in return you also need to allow us to have our own individual views on things.

Why not come to the next AccyWeb meet and you'll see how ordinary and boring we all are (apart from the odd one or two when they've had the odd one or two).

<<< That's a smile just to let you know that this post is not meant to sound aggressive and I hope you don't read it as such. It's so difficult sometimes with the written word to ensure that things are interpreted correctly.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:57   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
OK Bombadier.......I give up
Thats your answer Willow.
I for one as a newbie will not run away with tail between legs because I have crossed swords with the heavy posters.
Its all very well to make fun of someone who can't or wont defend themselves from the onslaught but I am not built that way.
This wasn't necessarily a go at you but some of the newbies in general... we have had some great times on here disagreeing in the past but always agreed to disagree but some people seem to have taken a disagreement of opinion far too personally lately

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 18:58   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Why not come to the next AccyWeb meet and you'll see how ordinary and boring we all are (apart from the odd one or two when they've had the odd one or two).
You've watched the you tube vid too then??

Old 02-07-2007, 18:59   #85
God Member

Quote:
Crikey what is going on here??/ All this talk of big members..ooer missus
but come on if the so called long term members were such a problem then why is it only recently things have gone down hill on here?? Lots of arguing and back biting..but it always seems to involve a newbie, which in my mind seems to be mostly the same person (just my opinion and I could be wrong)

We've had laughter, disagreements, strong opinions, sillyness, advice to each other etc... etc.... and never decended into having a real go at each other and I for one have loved been a member of this forum for the past two years but lately theres seems to be thread after thread decending into arguments... and I think you can count out the long term members as causing it otherwise this would have been a problem for a long time!!!!

Amazing !!! The most sensible post on here for weeks and it was posted by ............. a blonde
Old 02-07-2007, 18:59   #86
Give, give, give member

It's not about an 'onslaught', it's a forum which is, are was, a place where lively debate, as well as a bit of fun, was the norm.

Nobody needs to be defended from heavy swords.

That's the beauty of this place. Anyone who has the use of one finger, has an equal voice on this forum, and the right, within reason, to say what they want.

All this fearful, paranoid talk of the power of the big shots/mafia/bobber in and outers, is just plain ignorance.

As stated, we are all equal here, no one has any advantage.

Old 02-07-2007, 19:00   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Amazing !!! The most sensible post on here for weeks and it was posted by ............. a blonde
MEL...THUMP HIM FOR ME WILL YOU..but only a small thump cos he said I was sensible...karma dave??

Old 02-07-2007, 19:03   #88
Resident Waffler

Can we all get on with being nice to each other after Mel has thumped Dave?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 19:06   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Can we all get on with being nice to each other after Mel has thumped Dave?
very difficult when Beggars have infiltrated accyweb.
Old 02-07-2007, 19:08   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very difficult when Beggars have infiltrated accyweb.

Well they'll not get a farthing from me.

I think beggars should do a little jig, or play a penny whistle.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..