Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 08:27   #1
Give, give, give member

Judging a book by it's cover.

In the past I've accused people of making judgements, without knowing the facts.

I guess it's something we all do though really.

Form an instant opinion about something, or someone, prior to finding out more information.

I feel a little bit ashamed.

Without breaking confidentiality, I've teased and made fun of someone, thinking I knew they were someone other than who they actually are.

Without going in to too many details, I urge us all to think that sometimes things aren't what they at first seem to be.

Sometimes people may be different from what we first thought, and what seems like a plan to annoy is really just a way a person is. Part of their being.

Please, don't feel as mean as myself, for the teasing I've done.

Tolerance, and understanding that sometimes some things, and people are actually genuine...even if we don't necessarily think that initially.

Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2011, 08:35   #2
God Member

Re: Judging a book by it's cover.

Ah but if you are lead to believe by the person themselves that they are something they are not then you have every right to judge, the person has said a lot about their age, it has made me think other things that other people have said are a load of bull too, i trust not one person on this site to tell me the truth
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i trust not one person on this site to tell me the truth
Merry Christmas. x

Old 03-06-2011, 08:41   #4
Clearly Classy.......

Yes Gary we have all done it, but it take one hell of a person to admit that and it proves what a wonderful person you really are.

as for judging a book............ its what we do on a forum such as this because we dont know everyone personally, I suppose it's human nature to form an opinion, be it positive or negative.

big hugs

Rhonda x

My Gallery My Albums
Old 03-06-2011, 08:48   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps View Post
Yes Gary we have all done it, but it take one hell of a person to admit that and it proves what a wonderful person you really are.
No, I'm not.

I've thought I knew something, and didn't.

Now I know better, what I thought was funny, wasn't.

It was cruel, and nasty.

Can't take back what's done, but hopefully will be a little more open-minded, and trusting, in the future.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:51   #6
Resting in Peace

Not a problem when you're perfect in every way like wot i am.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Old 03-06-2011, 09:00   #7
Resting in Peace

I hear what you say G, and know exactly what and why your saying it, the only thing is people who are NOT in the know will still carry on in the same manner, which is unfortunate really
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In the past I've accused people of making judgements, without knowing the facts.

I guess it's something we all do though really.

Form an instant opinion about something, or someone, prior to finding out more information.

I feel a little bit ashamed.

Without breaking confidentiality, I've teased and made fun of someone, thinking I knew they were someone other than who they actually are.

Without going in to too many details, I urge us all to think that sometimes things aren't what they at first seem to be.

Sometimes people may be different from what we first thought, and what seems like a plan to annoy is really just a way a person is. Part of their being.

Please, don't feel as mean as myself, for the teasing I've done.

Tolerance, and understanding that sometimes some things, and people are actually genuine...even if we don't necessarily think that initially.
Agreed.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39   #9
Beacon of light

G....we are all human. That means we are prone to make mistakes and errors of judgement...owning up, apologising and vowing to do better is the best we can ever do.
Been there done it and worn the t-shirt.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50   #10
God Member

Lying in the profile description does not convey 'childish innocence' to me - more like deliberate mischief.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:05   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

some things can be a lot more complex n hard to comprehend than most of us understand, but if yer n expert on it?
Old 03-06-2011, 13:06   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I made a similar observation on this thread :-

Black Panther - Accrington Web

I do believe that on occasion I've responded without giving due thought to the outcome or consequences & it is merely a reflection of the human make up. But if I think on I can hopefully avoid making these mistakes again by pausing before posting, if I do offend someone all I ask is that you contact me & I'll clarify or apologise as is needed.
Old 03-06-2011, 19:48   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I do offend someone all I ask is that you contact me & I'll clarify or apologise as is needed.

Don't worry.

I'll still be ready with a scathing, and cutting quip, for anyone I thinks deserves it, and I know that they're capable of giving as good as they get, in return.

I'll just try and make sure it's an even match first.

Old 03-06-2011, 20:03   #14
Senior Member+

G - I forgive you. At my funeral, if anyone has a long face, I will never speak to them again.
Old 03-06-2011, 20:06   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Don't worry.

I'll still be ready with a scathing, and cutting quip, for anyone I thinks deserves it, and I know that they're capable of giving as good as they get, in return.

Oh good I can still think you're a plank

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..