Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2008, 09:04   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Jury Service??

I was called up a few years ago. Sat around for a few days and they let many of us go as a couple of big cases had been postponed. It was as boring as hell. I would not wish it on anyone. If you do get called for a big case you could be stuck on it for months. No good if you work and don't want to be away for that long.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:14   #47
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

One of my neighbours got called on his 18th birthday and again a couple of years after. I have never been called and really no wish to be so.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 14:15   #48
God Member

I dont think I'd enjoy jury service. Much nicer to not have someones life in your hands in my opinion.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 14:33   #49
Resident Waffler

If I was called and spent all the time doing nothing but read magazines I'd be going bananas thinking of all the other things I could be doing instead!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 14:35   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If I was called and spent all the time doing nothing but read magazines I'd be going bananas thinking of all the other things I could be doing instead!
You could read an educational book then instead.
Old 19-01-2008, 14:37   #51
Resident Waffler

or do sudoku - but I'd still be thinking of the washing/ironing/mending/dusting not to mention other home based things that I couldn't do because I wasn't there.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 14:48   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
or do sudoku - but I'd still be thinking of the washing/ironing/mending/dusting not to mention other home based things that I couldn't do because I wasn't there.
haha whenever sudoku is mentioned now I think of that woman who did the voice for the rail service.

Sudoku are crosswords for people who lack imagination.
Old 19-01-2008, 16:08   #53

Been called twice and both times have got out of it. First time due to a bad back the doctor wrote me a letter, second my boss wrote a letter asking for me to be excused.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 15:15   #54
God Member

Well.... I'll go to t'foot of our stairs!

I don't believe this has happened after talking so recently about the fact that I'd never been called for Jury Service.

This morning I received a summons from Her Majesty's Court requesting my presence for Jury Service at Burnley Crown Court at the end of March!

I hope it's not any of you lot.....I wouldn't want to meet an Accywebber under such circumstances!
Old 04-02-2008, 15:51   #55
Super Moderator

Just hope there's nobody up for drinking shandy in a public place!
Old 04-02-2008, 15:53   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Just hope there's nobody up for drinking shandy in a public place!
Hahahaha I get the joke.

Very funny.
Old 04-02-2008, 16:44   #57
God Member

Nah its not the shandy case she'll get, it's the old dear who hasn't paid for her loaf case

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 16:56   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Well.... I'll go to t'foot of our stairs!

I don't believe this has happened after talking so recently about the fact that I'd never been called for Jury Service.

This morning I received a summons from Her Majesty's Court requesting my presence for Jury Service at Burnley Crown Court at the end of March!

I hope it's not any of you lot.....I wouldn't want to meet an Accywebber under such circumstances!

When It's said that people are picked at random, perhaps really it's members of accyweb who's names are picked at random for jury service as numerous members on here have been picked, and several times over too.

James1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 19:49   #59
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
There's a chance we could be on the same case then.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 19:55   #60
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

id love to be part of a jury, maybe one day eh?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..