Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 14:58   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Howling here ......
Youd have thought they would have put some pretty bulbs on the dead council tree wouldnt you.
That’s not a dead council tree jimmi5bellies but a disguised CCTV camera with microphone and speaker.
Old 03-11-2006, 15:40   #17
God Member

Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh! It's wrong, wrong I tell you!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:03   #18
Senior Member+

Saw the first advert on telly, mastercard, and also the stores are all filling there shelves with Christmas stuff. Over here they start to decorate after thanksgiving which is the last thursday in november, we will have our usual discussion about how soon it is but I will lose and have to sit through the whole of december with them. Have you started the outside decorations yet or is it just an american thing?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:26   #19
Senior Member+

oh its too early to put up your xmas dec yet it will make xmas seem ages away having them up now
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:27   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Just Nearly Crashed The Car..
well you are a woman .................
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:33   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Have you started the outside decorations yet or is it just an american thing?
The outside decorations have gradually increased over the past few years. Whereabouts are you Bazf ?
Old 03-11-2006, 17:02   #22
Senior Member+

lol @ chav ... note i said " NEARLY" .... had i been a male then it might have read "JUST CRASHED THE CAR"

Fact: Out of the 2 minor RTA's ive been in, its been 2 MEN that have Rogered ME UP THE BACKSIDE !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 17:04   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
lol @ chav ... note i said " NEARLY" .... had i been a male then it might have read "JUST CRASHED THE CAR"

Fact: Out of the 2 minor RTA's ive been in, its been 2 MEN that have Rogered ME UP THE BACKSIDE !
well its bad enough to be in an accident but for them to do that to you afterwards is just adding insult to injury
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 17:05   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
well its bad enough to be in an accident but for them to do that to you afterwards is just adding insult to injury

FPMSL ....
Old 03-11-2006, 18:26   #25
God Member

So the great Crimbo Decorations race is on then!! What a waste of effort having them up befor 1st December a they might get damaged or worse if outside technically redistributed for a better use.

Anyone put one in their car yet???

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:11   #26
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

There was a time not all that long ago when people didn’t “trim up” or decorate in the modern vernacular, until the kids had gone to bed on Xmas Eve. The parents would put the tree up, add all the trimmings and spread the presents under the tree.

The living room and front room in some cases got trimmed up and received Xmas cards were strung along the walls.

It was often well past midnight before they stumbled into bed but it was worth the effort to see the kids faces as they came down on Xmas morning.

Last year I saw a few cars decorated – on the inside. Although some people wrapped silver tinsel around the aerial – that’s if they still had one.

Slightly off topic – a message to the thieving Neanderthal torag who nicked my car aerial from outside my flat in broad daylight the other day – A VERY UNHAPPY XMAS!!!! I hope that you poked your eye out when you put it on your own car.

But this decorating for Xmas lark has got well out of hand today.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27   #27
Resting in Peace

Does seem overly premature to put up your Christmas tree just yet .. hope not some sad reason behind this .. sorry, just a thought.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:55   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Does seem overly premature to put up your Christmas tree just yet .. hope not some sad reason behind this .. sorry, just a thought.
I think they like to be first every year Katex. Was like that last year as well.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:00   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think they like to be first every year Katex. Was like that last year as well.
Ok .. that's sorta' a relief then, but why, eh ? You do these things for some sort of pat on the back, don't you ? Everybody, like us, must be just laughing at them

Anyway, glad your rear end is still intact ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:47   #30
Senior Member+

lol @ tear end.

Has anybody ever seen Howarth Close during December ???? Think Look Northwest once went when they do the Christmas competition.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..