Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 18:05   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

Anyway, I love all the outside lights, let us know when Ginger has installed, will come and have a nose. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 18:06   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Anyway, I love all the outside lights, let us know when Ginger has installed, will come and have a nose. x
Yes I will do katex......usually he starts putting them up next weekend, then there is the grand light switch on, on the 1st Dec.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 13:17   #63
I am Banned

If i had my way my house would be christmas decor free but seeing as i live with my parents still i have to put up with the shi73. They are away this time so tree goes up christmas eve and comes down as soon as guests go home.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 18:04   #64
God Member

Thats boring silvermain! Even when my mum said it wasnt worth it putting the tree up because neither of us would be here on Christmas Day i went out and bought a new one that was easier to put up and put it up. She used to say i was a big kid at heart! Anyway this year i dont know when i'll put it up. Its only a little 3ft or 4ft cant remember which! At the minute i'm busy making xmas decorations for our local credit union to sell to raise money for them. Also making some for the kids at my nieces school for them to paint up.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 09:36   #65
Senior Member+

Anybody with a car ?????

I challenge you now to drive down Medoway at night without crashing your car !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 11:26   #66
God Member

There is a house on the corner coming up Ormerod st. It has loads, the kids loved looking at it last night......and kept asking ' Can we put ours up mum...PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ' I said ' NO ' Actually I think Ginger paid them to keep whining at me. It's not going to work........1st December or nothing they went to bed sulking.......so did the kids

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-11-2006, 11:31   #67
Resting in Peace

Why does Miserable mum and Scrooge come to mind slinky go on let them put them up
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 11:37   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Why does Miserable mum and Scrouge come to mind slinky go on let them put them up
OH don't you start Mick Ginger is here ( well somewhere under a mound of lights in my livingroom). He is starting putting them up today. We have just had a tiff because he says when they are all up ( which will take him 3 days) he is turning them on!!! I said ' no you're not' he said ' well you are working for the next 3 days, you won't know ' grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr He saw a 12ft inflatable santa in QS last night. We had a argument about that. He said ' I'm going to buy that and put it on the roof ' ME ' NO YOU ARE NOT ' every bloody year it's the same.

Please if someone could adopt me just for christmas........I would be greatful

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-11-2006, 11:40   #69
Resting in Peace

See Ginger i will stick up for you and we can then get our own way think i will stay here till after the next meet
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 11:46   #70
God Member

Right at the moment I have a 3 meter santa skiing down a slope, I have a 5ft high santa climbing ladders, I have santa floating on a balloon and I have a 4 meter santa on a train all set up in the livingroom..............I live in quite a small house...................you can't tell me you envy me?? I seriously can't move. I am sat here in a corner typing this with sun glasses on, the light in this room is pathetic.

I am NOT exaggerating...........if none of you believe me, just take a look up here after the 1st December

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-11-2006, 11:56   #71
God Member

I'll be down for a look ....... when the dust settles

Good lad Ging
Old 21-11-2006, 11:58   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

I'll be down for a look ....... when the dust settles

Good lad Ging

grrrrr you won't have to come down!!! just look up at the night sky......the bit where it looks day light is this bloody house.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-11-2006, 12:26   #73
Senior Member+

oooh great seeing as you live so close to me i wont have to bother putting my lights on-yours will shine so bright,well saves on electric!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 12:30   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
oooh great seeing as you live so close to me i wont have to bother putting my lights on-yours will shine so bright,well saves on electric!
That sounds about right misskitty. I think he is giving Blackpool Illuminations a run for their money this year.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-11-2006, 12:31   #75
God Member

LOL! Watch him go and bring down the National Grid ....... at least we'll know who to blame!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..