Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 12:20   #1
Senior Member+

Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

First one spotted on Meadoway, Church.
Cor ....they are keen !

Sorry about the size of the image, if i made it any smaller i dont think you would have believed me ... and i had to take the picture very quickly ...
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2006, 12:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

It is a little bit early. They might be trying to be the first in the area. I once sent all my Christmas card out on the 1st Oct.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:30   #3
I am Banned

Blooming heck thats quick & very over keen its not even bommy night yet, just waiting for the saddo's round here to start they started early last year
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:30   #4
God Member

Wow! It looks absolutely fabulous! That is the best Antony Gormley sculpture I've seen in ages...much better than those ones on the beach at Crosby. And this one's in Church, of all places!

Anyway, I have no doubt Gayle has something to do with this...but It is certainly far better than the panopticon. I do hope, however, that someone can persuade the inhabitants of that house in the background to get rid of that mess in their front window.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:33   #5
Senior Member+

Howling here ......
Youd have thought they would have put some pretty bulbs on the dead council tree wouldnt you.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:53   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
just waiting for the saddo's round here to start they started early last year

They already have same culprits every year! I think Carl Hurles will confirm his neighbours decorated their house arond 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-11-2006, 13:30   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
They already have same culprits every year! I think Carl Hurles will confirm his neighbours decorated their house arond 3 weeks ago.
Ah them havent looked LOL didnt surprise me at all pmsl
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 13:35   #8
God Member

OMG its getting worse every year some saddo round here put their tree etc up over a week ago WHY????
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 14:01   #9
God Member

It's unbelievable.... or maybe it's just they eat easter eggs on christmas day!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 14:05   #10
God Member

or maybe they just had xmas day on easter sunday and couldnt be bothered to take the decs down lol
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 14:29   #11
God Member

Here is a good money-saving tip. If anyone on here wants to get pregnant, try and do so on the 25th March; the chances are it will be born on Christmas day and that means you only have to buy one set of pressy's each year for the little brat.
Old 03-11-2006, 14:31   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Here is a good money-saving tip. If anyone on here wants to get pregnant, try and do so on the 25th March; the chances are it will be born on Christmas day and that means you only have to buy one set of pressy's each year for the little brat.
Oh so not true!!! My eldest was born on xmas day (although he was prem and not due till feb!!) and has march 1st the day of his christening which is called "party day". He gets his pressie's and when he was younger his party then. At christmas he just gets birthday cards and a cake!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 14:33   #13
Senior Member+

Im dreading putting up the tree again .... its a competition between my 4 cats who is the first one to the top. I cant put chocolate balls on the tree as one of my cats loves it and pinches it from the tree.
Old 03-11-2006, 14:41   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Im dreading putting up the tree again .... its a competition between my 4 cats who is the first one to the top. I cant put chocolate balls on the tree as one of my cats loves it and pinches it from the tree.
There's nothing to dread.....just stick razor blades in some of the branches. Your cats will soon learn their lesson and won't then be going anywhere near the tree.
Old 03-11-2006, 14:52   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
There's nothing to dread.....just stick razor blades in some of the branches. Your cats will soon learn their lesson and won't then be going anywhere near the tree.
And who will clean up the blood ...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..