Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 11:57   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Just Nearly Crashed The Car....Xmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
lol @ tear end.
That typing error is funnier ....

I love the way people dress up their houses at Christmas (guess those wind turbines will be coming in useful !) sos thread wander. Like stepping into a childhood fantasy of Fairyland ..

Wish I could do more, but can never sort out the plugs, etc to the outside .. suppose need a man at times ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2006, 12:03   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex

Wish I could do more, but can never sort out the plugs, etc to the outside .. suppose need a man at times ...
Katex you should live with Ginger then. Every year is the same......More lights outside than bloody blackpool Illuminations ( although ours do work)......

Cars drive past and stop outside staring....gets bloody annoying, but he is a big kid and insists on doing the house up like a grotto every year.

A little girl that lives near us won't go to bed at night until her mum has put her, her little dressing gown on and brings her for a look at the lights, then she will go to bed........ bet that mum curses Ginger every year lol.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Katex you should live with Ginger then. Every year is the same......More lights outside than bloody blackpool Illuminations ( although ours do work)......

Cars drive past and stop outside staring....gets bloody annoying, but he is a big kid and insists on doing the house up like a grotto every year.

A little girl that lives near us won't go to bed at night until her mum has put her, her little dressing gown on and brings her for a look at the lights, then she will go to bed........ bet that mum curses Ginger every year lol.
He does love his lights dont he? lol was only a month back he was on about........getting more .......lights im surprised you haven't had planes land yet
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
He does love his lights dont he? lol was only a month back he was on about........getting more .......lights im surprised you haven't had planes land yet
Tell me about it. When I hear a low plane over head....I run for cover and pray it carries on lol. His bloody love for lights comes from his dad, that still decorated to grotto style every year.....even though all the kids have grown up and have families of there own lol.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:14   #35
God Member

Quote:
Tell me about it. When I hear a low plane over head....I run for cover and pray it carries on lol. His bloody love for lights comes from his dad, that still decorated to grotto style every year.....even though all the kids have grown up and have families of there own lol.
Hey if Ginger decides to dress up this christmas too, can I do his makeup again????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:16   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Hey if Ginger decides to dress up this christmas too, can I do his makeup again????
LOL yeah of corse lol!!! I think he secretly enjoyed that Harwood!!

Will have to keep my lip sticks away from him.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:22   #37
God Member

Quote:
LOL yeah of corse lol!!! I think he secretly enjoyed that Harwood!!

Will have to keep my lip sticks away from him.
hey I reckon that colour suited him, I hid it after that just in case he tried to nick it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 13:14   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
hey I reckon that colour suited him, I hid it after that just in case he tried to nick it
I did see him writing the name of the colour down......I think he made a visit to Boots the next day. Least when mine runs out I can borrow his.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2006, 17:15   #39
God Member

Quote:
I did see him writing the name of the colour down......I think he made a visit to Boots the next day. Least when mine runs out I can borrow his.
Hee hee, he'll be looking for a long time, it's an avon one!!! lol lol lol. Do you want me to drop the book off????

Old 04-11-2006, 18:16   #40
white rabbits

Jan Ist Will Be Time To Look Out For Easter Eggs
Old 04-11-2006, 21:39   #41

that soon i think they beat the council to this year or they geting in the xmass feel quick.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:36   #42
God Member

I'm one of the brigade that liked to trim everything up on Christmas Eve and would happily do that.

I say, 'liked', that doesn't happen now. A few years ago, when Maddie was about 2ish, I mentioned to my Mother In Law that my plan was to do it all on Christmas Eve and to say that she was horrified was an understatement. She immediately went to town bought the biggest tree she could find, twice as many decorations as her house could stand and had Maddie help putting up decorations at hers. So, of course, Maddie prefered her house to ours.

Each year I try to resist the pressure to trim up for as long as possible but usually cave in around about the second week in December.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Each year I try to resist the pressure to trim up for as long as possible but usually cave in around about the second week in December.
I agree with you there Gayle, usually couple of weeks before xmas I trim up. I don't understand how people who trim up so early manage to keep everything clean as I just find decs are major dust traps!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:23   #44
Senior Member+

Every morning i wake up with tinsel all over the hallway .... the cats play chase me at night with each other.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 20:40   #45
God Member

Oh well I think I mentioned how OVER THE TOP Ginger goes on lights outside the house

This year will be no exception apparently. Got up on sunday morning and he had been shopping......................YES a massive santa on a train rope lights for outside....................I'm leaving home

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..