Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2013, 17:59   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

re: Life should mean life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
deflect deflect i will only believe this when i see it.this is to deflect the unemployment figures
This is the stupidity ive come to expect from yeh, Ta fer not disappointing.
Old 15-05-2013, 18:50   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Totally agree with you Less, when they did away with the death penalty in the sixties they should have replaced it with life imprisonment full stop. I have never been able to understand why any judge gives out a life sentence then adds a minimum term, they may as well say 30 years because life doesn't mean life in our courts, I think there are only two people serving a full life tariff at the moment, one is the chap who killed Mily Dowler can't remember the other
i think the only time a murderer gets actual life imprisonment is when its a political hot cake like with mira hindley and ian bradey.Neither party wanted to be the one that set them free but not for what they did but because they knew releasing them would loose them an election.

i also think if you killed someone high up like the queen or david cameron you would do a full life stretch but when it comes to members of the public even children you can be out in about 7 years for murder

correction apparantly if you kill david cameron you get a reward.Not sure if thats true so do at your own risk

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 18:53   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

i also think if you killed someone high up like the queen or david cameron you would do a full life stretch but when it comes to members of the public even children you can be out in about 7 years for murder
Jeez wish i was 30 yrs younger, i may just risk a 7.
MargaretR likes this.
Old 15-05-2013, 20:49   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Jeez wish i was 30 yrs younger, i may just risk a 7.

iv seen ya mate the most you would serve is 2

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 16-05-2013, 08:13   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i think the only time a murderer gets actual life imprisonment is when its a political hot cake like with mira hindley and ian bradey.Neither party wanted to be the one that set them free but not for what they did but because they knew releasing them would loose them an election.

correction apparantly if you kill david cameron you get a reward.Not sure if thats true so do at your own risk
Wonder what would happen if Millipeed was in charge, put MI6 on the job and blame the Frogs
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 09:36   #21
God Member

Quote:
Wonder what would happen if Millipeed was in charge, put MI6 on the job and blame the Frogs
isnt that what teh queen did with diana lol ?
MargaretR likes this.

Old 16-05-2013, 09:59   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
isnt that what teh queen did with diana lol ?
No that was a French drunk
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 10:31   #23
God Member

Quote:
im just relived it wasnt kermit

when you said a frog done it i was worried for a second

Old 16-05-2013, 10:33   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Or so they have us think.
MargaretR and Greeny like this.
Old 16-05-2013, 12:55   #25

Life should mean life?

The question with Hindley and Brady is why we're they kept alive for 40 years? Great cost to society, no benefit. As multiple child killers they were never going to be released.
Less and cashman like this.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:11   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Life should mean life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
The question with Hindley and Brady is why we're they kept alive for 40 years? Great cost to society, no benefit. As multiple child killers they were never going to be released.
No remorse.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:26   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No remorse.

For child killers, no. I'd be happy to pull the switch on the electric chair.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:30   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Life should mean life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
For child killers, no. I'd be happy to pull the switch on the electric chair.
I meant, THEY, had no remorse, we would be fighting for the switch.

Though these days the switch would be operated by a computer and we'd all have to wait for Windows to re-boot.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:35   #29
God Member

Quote:
I meant, THEY, had no remorse, we would be fighting for the switch.

Though these days the switch would be operated by a computer and we'd all have to wait for Windows to re-boot.

even worse teh computer woud have windows 8 and no start button
Less, jaysay and MargaretR like this.

Old 18-05-2013, 16:06   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
No remorse.
I think Hindley showed (false) remorse as she showed the police the whereabouts of the remains of Pauline Reed in the eighties. A cynical exercise hoping she would be considered for release. Thankfully, it didn't work and the old scrote died in prison and they had a job trying to find a crematorium prepared to dispose of her.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..