Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2011, 12:28   #46
God Member

Re: Ooooh, I like a good funeral.

when tony blair dies they are having a seperate funeral for his smug smile

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2011, 12:40   #47
white rabbits

quote,,,,,But the 86-year-old has said that she does not want the public to see her lying in state at her funeral.,,,,,unquote
Shes probably scared to think how many people would spit on her coffin,
I would.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:47   #48
God Member

Methinks that the Great British Public will be unable to achieve the degree of solemnity and tearfulness required for a State Funeral. Maybe the government could hire a few thousand North Koreans.

Apart from Mrs. Thatcher, has anyone given any thought to any particular piece of music that would be appropriate for the occasion
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 12:48   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Methinks that the Great British Public will be unable to achieve the degree of solemnity and tearfulness required for a State Funeral. Maybe the government could hire a few thousand North Koreans.

Apart from Mrs. Thatcher, has anyone given any thought to any particular piece of music that would be appropriate for the occasion
ding dong the witch is dead ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-12-2011, 13:18   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ding dong the witch is dead ?
Lol! Much appreciated as an ex-Munchkin -might be better to play the other one though

ding dong the witch is dead - Bing Video#

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 13:24   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Lol! Much appreciated as an ex-Munchkin -might be better to play the other one though

ding dong the witch is dead - Bing Video#
ex-Munchkin ?

did santa bring you those stilts you wanted ?

Old 28-12-2011, 13:40   #52
God Member

Quote:
ex-Munchkin ?

did santa bring you those stilts you wanted ?
Had the great honour of playing one in a school musical back in 1975 -was a bit shorter back then!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 14:01   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

How about "The Road To Hell" Chris Rea, eric? that seems very apt.
Old 28-12-2011, 14:16   #54
God Member

Quote:
Had the great honour of playing one in a school musical back in 1975 -was a bit shorter back then!
me too but then again i was only 4

played twinkle in our school play which i dont recall been an official dwarf but according to the little song and dance i had to do he was teh more hyperactive of teh bunch

Old 28-12-2011, 14:17   #55
God Member

As sung by the good Lady herself -what could be more fitting than the Grantham Anthem?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 14:20   #56
God Member

Quote:
me too but then again i was only 4

played twinkle in our school play which i dont recall been an official dwarf but according to the little song and dance i had to do he was teh more hyperactive of teh bunch
Ahhh! How sweet - dear little Twinkie

Are there any incriminating photos I wonder? Were you wearing a pink Tutu and gossamer wings?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 14:34   #57
God Member

Quote:
Ahhh! How sweet - dear little Twinkie

Are there any incriminating photos I wonder? Were you wearing a pink Tutu and gossamer wings?
i recall a short tunic and a forgetting to put undies on which didnt become public knowledge until we all led on the floor feet facing the audience

my small part in the play got the biggest laugh

Old 28-12-2011, 14:39   #58
God Member

Quote:
i recall a short tunic and a forgetting to put undies on which didnt become public knowledge until we all led on the floor feet facing the audience

my small part in the play got the biggest laugh
Now which small part would that have been?

Karma to you for this one -a real laugh out loud moment -can't stop!!! Thank-you

Sorry - am hysterical. It's just that i called you Twinkie - should have dropped the "T" perhaps!

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 28-12-2011 at 14:44. Reason: Hysterics!
Old 28-12-2011, 16:35   #59

Re: Oooh, I like a good funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wonder why 14 million people voted Tory at a general elect, the most votes ever recorded by a single party in history, if you think that only the rich and well heeled elect Tory Governments, your not dealing with a full deck
We currently have a government which nobody elected.
And I do realise that a lot of people other than the upper classes vote Tory, although I personally completely fail to understand why, but I don't think we have a credible alternative at the moment.
Anyway we're all entitled to our own opinions and to vote for who we want, my main problem is with Mrs. Thatcher, I don't mind Mr. Cameron quite so much and I do agree with one or two of the current policies, the thought of him doesn't make my blood boil like the thought of Maggie does!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 16:49   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oooh, I like a good funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wonder why 14 million people voted Tory at a general elect, the most votes ever recorded by a single party in history,
If yeh wonder that,then yer lights have gone out, It was the simple fact it was a "Woman" many many female Labour voters voted on that one fact,including me late Mum In Law, n lived to regret the fact afterwards, really i credited yeh wi a bit more common than that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..