Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 19:59   #1
God Member

Angry Out Of Stock

Why is it that at the busiest time of year for most shops, and on offers they have only just started to advertise that they are already out of stock. This happened to me again today and for the second time with this particular shop, Comet, even though their computer said they had 7 in stock, they couldn't sell any of them. I find it unbelievable that a large chain store like comet cant really stock up at this time of year, surely any excess stock could be distributed to other stores if necessary, the store assistant did say that in January they would have hundreds available, very helpful! Anyone had any similar experiences?
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2004, 20:14   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Out Of Stock

I hope you weren't getting me a steam iron for Christmas Grego.. I did have a similar experience trying to find a present the other day. I had to go to 3 different shops before I found a place that stocked it.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 20:15   #3

A lot of it isn't the shops fault, its what the suppliers give them. I know that my shop has been stuck with the current situation on the new PS2 console because Sony have decided to play silly beggars with supplying the stupid thing so that they can hype it up.
Common sense isn't a concept that is familiar to the powers that be.
Old 09-12-2004, 20:21   #4
I am Band

Talking Re: Out Of Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I hope you weren't getting me a steam iron for Christmas Grego..
So do I Grego, cos I bought one first! The one that I bought is a cordless one, so that lettie cannot strangle me with the flex.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:25   #5
Resting in Peace

No but being cordless Sparkologist she can throw it at you
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:51   #6
Senior Member+

Aah, but if she threw a normal one there would be a secondary hit with the plug!!!
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 15:02   #7
Beacon of light

Grego... that happened with me, but the store was Currys..... they were advertising a very good deal on a computer system and although they had them in stock they could not sell one to us.....being cynical, I think it was just a ploy to get people into the shop and then try to sell them something else......anyway it didn't work, got a better deal with TINY.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 15:05   #9
Senior Member+

Tiny? I thought they went out of business years ago.

I've not heard good things about them anyway...

Old 10-12-2004, 15:46   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
Tiny? I thought they went out of business years ago.

I've not heard good things about them anyway...
You're not confusing them with "Time" are you?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 15:48   #11
Senior Member+

No, but I've heard even worse things about them!

Old 10-12-2004, 20:32   #12
Beacon of light

Well, I speaks as I finds and I have had two very good deals from tiny in the past at very competitive prices too......and no probs with computers either.
You know what they say.....if you have bad service you tell everyone.....when you get good service you tell no-one (cos you're not disgruntled)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 21:19   #13
Senior Member+

My problem is that I bought my first PC from PC World, and after a couple of years I found out why buying from the high street is not necessarily the best policy.

I was stuck with an onboard 4mb video card and no agp slots, so I couldn't install a new graphics card. I also had onboard sound which was ok, but would have been better if it had not been to allow for upgrades.

I only had 2 usb ports as well, so had to buy a hub after a couple of years.

With regard to Tiny and Time I have heard bad stories about build quality and problems with after sales when the faults start to appear.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:57   #14
God Member

Time bought Tiny when they went Bump. Personally I have been messing in PCs for over 10 years and have never seen worse put together PCs than the Time/Tiny lot. They build tings up with massive software packages that people never use.

I won't support a Time/Tiny with any of my friends. Having said that I can normally build them a better PC for less money anyway.

Their after sales/support is absolutely useless. I was asked by a colleague at work if what they were telling her was correct. They were telling her that the PC was completely shot and that she needed a new one. It was just a PSU. £20 later she was back running.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:17   #15
Resident Waffler

I know someone who bought a Time PC and it was programmed not to be able to use system restore. A message actually flashed up onto the screen saying that system restore could only be carried out by Time personnel.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..