Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2012, 17:16   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Sarah Catt-I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry Jim thats one of the reasons society's gone to the dogs in my view.
100% Spot on cashy
Old 18-09-2012, 19:35   #17
Senior Member+

I agree with Sugarmouse on this, and I'm confused too. If (and it's a big if as far as I can see) the baby was born dead then she has nothing to gain by hidings it's whereabouts now. I suspect there is more to this, that she has actually killed the baby and that's the reason behind her not revealing the body. Would also suggest that her husband ( who is apparently standing by her through this) gets himself some new specs or starts taking a lot more notice of what's going on, can only think that they didn't have a very close relationship if he missed that baby bump.
Old 18-09-2012, 19:46   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I agree with Sugarmouse on this, and I'm confused too. If (and it's a big if as far as I can see) the baby was born dead then she has nothing to gain by hidings it's whereabouts now. I suspect there is more to this, that she has actually killed the baby and that's the reason behind her not revealing the body. Would also suggest that her husband ( who is apparently standing by her through this) gets himself some new specs or starts taking a lot more notice of what's going on, can only think that they didn't have a very close relationship if he missed that baby bump.
I can agree with you, but more than we can know, unfortunately this 'terrible' woman, should she have been picked up earlier by our caring society?
It's not as if it's the first time she's shall we say been a little peculiar?
She seems to have some fear of pregnancy, perhaps child birth? She certainly doesn't seem maternal.
I can't imagine the pain of child birth, but to put yourself through an abortion at such a late stage?
Why? Unless you're ill? Horrid.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 22:15   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can agree with you, but more than we can know, unfortunately this 'terrible' woman, should she have been picked up earlier by our caring society?
It's not as if it's the first time she's shall we say been a little peculiar?
She seems to have some fear of pregnancy, perhaps child birth? She certainly doesn't seem maternal.
I can't imagine the pain of child birth, but to put yourself through an abortion at such a late stage?
Why? Unless you're ill? Horrid.
Also, the pain of childbirth is often said to be worse in a still birth if it WAS a stillbirth-a baby will naturally TRY to be born, it will work its way down the birth canal. A dead one won't.
An abortion inducing drug is quite different to a labour inducing one!The former usually has a first stage dose that stops the foetus from thriving, then a second one to make the body give birth to it.
Quote:
I agree, regards killing the baby. A dead baby was found in Bradford around the same time or slightly before it became knowledge-can only assume the police have dismissed any connection.
And yes, if I developed a baby bump I would be rather concerned if a husband did not notice. Maybe she told him she'd eaten too many pies recently...
Old 19-09-2012, 09:51   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
And yes, if I developed a baby bump I would be rather concerned if a husband did not notice. Maybe she told him she'd eaten too many pies recently...
my missus, was/is quite slim, and with all 4 of ours she didnt really "show" until last couple of months, then straight back in her jeans to come home in.

we new a larger lady once who didnt know she was pregnant, until 8 months, apperantley some women continue having a menstral cycle, of some kind, during pregnancy

edit: all 4 babies were in the 7lb odd bracket, and normal weight and length
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 10:02   #21

Maybe she did just tell him she'd eaten too many pies, then!
Old 20-09-2012, 14:46   #22
Resting In Peace

Husbands are not the only ones not to notice a pregnancy apparently...

BBC News - Baby birth shock for soldier on Afghanistan deployment
Old 20-09-2012, 14:50   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

Would have been bigger news had it been a male soldier.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 17:59   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

Ya had to smile when I heard that, you can imagine couldn't you, 'excuse us mr Taliban, can you knock hostilities on the head for a while we have a lass here trying to give birth'
Old 21-09-2012, 19:43   #25
God Member

Ooops ...

Judge in late abortion case linked to conservative Christian charity | Law | The Guardian
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 20:38   #26

I would think that any woman in Sarah Catt's situation would be unhinged, I can't imagine anything worse than doing what she did, she must have been in a dreadful place and not able to make a logical decision. I think she should be pitied and given a lot of help. Otherwise if she did what she did deliberately it doesn't bear thinking about.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 21:07   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I would think that any woman in Sarah Catt's situation would be unhinged, I can't imagine anything worse than doing what she did, she must have been in a dreadful place and not able to make a logical decision. I think she should be pitied and given a lot of help. Otherwise if she did what she did deliberately it doesn't bear thinking about.
She obviously did it deliberately, you don't "accidently" order abortion inducing drugs off the internet. You don't sit in front of your PC and search all about it and whether you can be prosecuted or not for it.

Yep, I'll agree she's got some serious issues going on but she's still a conniving ,hard-hearted and devious woman in my book.
Old 21-09-2012, 21:26   #28

Quote:
She obviously did it deliberately, you don't "accidently" order abortion inducing drugs off the internet. You don't sit in front of your PC and search all about it and whether you can be prosecuted or not for it.

Yep, I'll agree she's got some serious issues going on but she's still a conniving ,hard-hearted and devious woman in my book.
I don't know Lindsay, I think that she must have been a certain type of person in the first place to have even thought about doing what she did. The baby would have most certainly lived if it had just been born naturally at that stage, so the drug she took must have been designed to kill it, there isn't enough detail in the report to say, but the length of sentence would suggest that what she did was very calculated, I don't know how anyone of sound mind could do such a thing.
Old 21-09-2012, 21:32   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I don't honestly see how, if yeh do summat very calculated, as it seems by the sentence as yeh say, How yeh can be away wi the fairies?
Old 21-09-2012, 21:53   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I don't honestly see how, if yeh do summat very calculated, as it seems by the sentence as yeh say, How yeh can be away wi the fairies?
I don't know Cashman, it just seems to me as a mother that you couldn't be in your right mind to do what she did at the stage of pregnancy she was at - she would have had to give birth normally and even if she really didn't want the baby there is a level of instinct there at that stage which would have made her want to protect it, I just don't think there's enough information in the report to be able to start to understand the situation. And she couldn't have suddenly at that stage in her pregnancy have decided to get rid of the baby unless something extremely traumatic had happened which had made her reasoning unbalanced - just my opinion, the entire thing is confusing me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..