Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 22:03   #16

Re: She's off on one again !!

Labour leaders backed Diane Abbott, the Left-wing MP, yesterday over her decision to educate her son privately, days after condemning a Tory MP for saying he would do the same.
Labour MPs were taken by surprise by the news that she had chosen the £10,000-a-year City of London Boys School for her son, by-passing four comprehensives in Hackney and Stoke Newington, the constituency she represents.
Daily Telegraph 281003
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2010, 22:08   #17

Class warriors?

Harriet Harman

School: St Paul's Girls School (private).

Alumni include: Shirley Conran, Imogen Stubbs, Rachel Weisz.

University: Degree in politics from York University. Alumni include Christine Hamilton, Anthony Horowitz, Harry Enfield.

Daughter of an earl, turned liberal feminist politician who trained as a solicitor. Entered Parliament in 1997 and rose through Labour's ranks to become deputy leader of the Labour Party and Leader ofthe Commons last year.

The Independent
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 22:13   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why does that not suprise me, whatever side "******* All"
Old 08-06-2010, 22:25   #19

I watched Diane Abbott on question time last week and she was awful
It was a complete embarassment from start to finish so if she ends up as leader of the labour party then that will put back the fight against the present government for years to come
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 23:05   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
I watched Diane Abbott on question time last week and she was awful
It was a complete embarassment from start to finish so if she ends up as leader of the labour party then that will put back the fight against the present government for years to come
Not likely to happen is it. I'll give you a clue as to who I think will be the next leader of the Labour Party. Someone with the name Miliband.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 23:52   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Not likely to happen is it. I'll give you a clue as to who I think will be the next leader of the Labour Party. Someone with the name Miliband.
Is that the one who looks like a little lad
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:21   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Bernard you never fail to amaze me with your forthright thinking and political presence, who would ever have thought that
Old 09-06-2010, 09:29   #23
God Member

I think Ed Balls is going to be the surprise winner
he was a Bildeburg attendee - groomed for it, by those really in control

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:38   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think Ed Balls is going to be the surprise winner
he was a Bildeburg attendee - groomed for it, by those really in control
I'd be surprised Margaret, if that was to happen. He's a long way back at the moment.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09   #25
Give, give, give member

I think the Labour party are underestimating the public's loathing for any candidate so closely associated with the Blair/Brown governments.

It could very well mean that they don't win the next election.

If they were at all in touch with the mood of the electorate they'd realise that it was time for change, and time to consider what alternative to the centralist the Con/Lib coalition might be most appealing to a disillusioned country.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 18:38   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

It really is quite intriguing that so many of the views expressed lately by runners for the top position, were in direct opposition to old Gordo & his crew. Had they been so vociferous & outspoken previously, perhaps they could of deterred the man from his course of self destruction & possibly Labour (somewhat battered & dishevelled) may have hung on to power.

As it is we're left to try & comprehend this internal wrangling & turmoil on our own merits. Oh dear, it certainly isn't looking as though all's well & squared, disagreement, denials, positive discrimination & deary me, plottings & allegiances on the suggestion of others ! The Borgias ?? Haven't got anything on this lot !

Diane Abbott wins enough names to stand for leadership - UK Politics, UK - The Independent
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 18:55   #27
Give, give, give member

Burnham said on tonight's local BBC news that he didn't oppose the cutting of the 10p tax band because he was 'a team player'.

He may be wearing his working class roots badge to look appealing, but the Cambridge grauduate and careerist politican, spins as much guff as the other clone candidates.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 18:57   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Burnham said on tonight's local BBC news that he didn't oppose the cutting of the 10p tax band because he was 'a team player'.

He may be wearing his working class roots badge to look appealing, but the Cambridge grauduate and careerist politican, spins as much guff as the other clone candidates.
Agree, was close to throwing up, when i heard the lying toad.
Old 09-06-2010, 19:07   #29
God Member

The Milliband's dad - Ralph - was a notorious rampant commy back in the fities and sixties and no doubt like all Marxists he believed in the family and hereditry principle of government. That applies whether it's North Korea with the ll Sungs, Cuba with the Castro's, or closer to home, the UK with the Wedgewood-Benns and now the Millibands.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 09-06-2010 at 19:09.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

A team player hey, looks like the team weren't that good they got relegated

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..