Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: SHOULD THE UNEMPLOYED BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ?
yes 17 89.47%
no 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2013, 20:57   #16
God Member

Re: should the unemployed be allowed to vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
The Tories are digging like mad to turn up any scrap of dirt they can on UKIP before the council elections. After this UKIP will probably be the cleanest party ever in UK politics!
thing is dirt has been dug up on UKIP before of which i cant recall exactly but people dont tend to care

they get branded racists by the other 3 main partys and still no one particualry cares enough for it to phase them

now if dirt was to be dug up on the torys or labour it could be a job you wished you hadnt started as you may never get to the end of it

Actually there may be some serious dirt because a tory recently defected to UKIP

what a great plan put a dirty tory into UKIP then you have your dirt ready to dig up lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 29-04-2013 at 21:00.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2013, 21:06   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thing is dirt has been dug up on UKIP before of which i cant recall exactly but people dont tend to care

they get branded racists by the other 3 main partys and still no one particualry cares enough for it to phase them

now if dirt was to be dug up on the torys or labour it could be a job you wished you hadnt started as you may never get to the end of it
Let's be honest, both tory and labour will try their best to discredit UKIP, they want to keep things the way they are, one of them in power, the other saying they are wrong, and both of them using the liberals as stupid lapdogs whenever they have the chance.
At least the thinking people from both parties are threatening against their loyalties to put forward a protest vote rather than have both parties just carry on fighting against rather than for our Countries good.
Wynonie Harris and BERNADETTE like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56   #18

Just a quick thought, allowed to vote isn't in it.
Did you know the unemployed can't use their passports?

I had an interview to go to, it was a good job, doing my trade, I took the letter to the job centre hoping for expenses.
No sorry they said can't help you, you're interview is abroad.
Yes said I, but it's in the European market, I thought I'd be helped.
No, we'll help within the UK bit not abroad.
OK I replied, if you won't help, I'll find the money somewhere and go anyway.

Well if you do you'll have to sign off jobseekers, you won't be classed as available for work.
I asked various other questions and found that I wasn't allowed abroad for any reason, holidays, (I wish), or anything, without first signing off.
It had seemed a good job, I wonder who got it?
Old 03-05-2013, 13:58   #19
Super Moderator

Oh dear, oh dear, calling UKIP "loonies", "clowns", "fruitcakes", "closet racists" and all the rest certainly backfired, didn't it?

And STILL Con/Dem/Lab politicos appear on the telly and patronise us with the same old platitudes.

Carry on, plonkers and we'll carry on punishing you at the polls!
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 14:07   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Oh dear, oh dear, calling UKIP "loonies", "clowns", "fruitcakes", "closet racists" and all the rest certainly backfired, didn't it?

And STILL Con/Dem/Lab politicos appear on the telly and patronise us with the same old platitudes.

Carry on, plonkers and we'll carry on punishing you at the polls!

Allow me a moment of racism if you will, 'cos I can't remember the guys name, but I had the choice of UKIP yesterday and why would white folk give their child a foreign sounding name if they are 'closet racists'?
Old 03-05-2013, 14:28   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Allow me a moment of racism if you will, 'cos I can't remember the guys name, but I had the choice of UKIP yesterday and why would white folk give their child a foreign sounding name if they are 'closet racists'?
Best ask the representatives of the major parties that question, Less. After all, it's their parties that have made consistent attempts to denigrate UKIP.

Oh hang on a minute, they don't come on here anymore, do they?

Perhaps C'mon might be persuaded to share his thoughts with us.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 14:31   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yeh the UKIP guy i voted fer was certainly a closet racist, being Asian.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 17:42   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just a quick thought, allowed to vote isn't in it.
Did you know the unemployed can't use their passports?

I had an interview to go to, it was a good job, doing my trade, I took the letter to the job centre hoping for expenses.
No sorry they said can't help you, you're interview is abroad.
Yes said I, but it's in the European market, I thought I'd be helped.
No, we'll help within the UK bit not abroad.
OK I replied, if you won't help, I'll find the money somewhere and go anyway.

Well if you do you'll have to sign off jobseekers, you won't be classed as available for work.
I asked various other questions and found that I wasn't allowed abroad for any reason, holidays, (I wish), or anything, without first signing off.
It had seemed a good job, I wonder who got it?
That's always been the case Less, if your out of the country you can't claim dole, but it does seem a nonsense when you were in Europe looking for work, its another case of Jobsworth
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:44   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh the UKIP guy i voted fer was certainly a closet racist, being Asian.
Probably born and bred here Cashy he's now a little englander
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 21:17   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Probably born and bred here Cashy he's now a little englander
you know immigration has gone too far when asians are sying "bloody foriegners "

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 21:31   #26
God Member

the ukip wasnt the biggest winner last night it was the independents ukip is behind them no seriously labour tory or ukip werent the winners it was the no party self made councillor who stood as an independent.but thats not big news.lets not get in the way of the truth.
Old 03-05-2013, 22:37   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the ukip wasnt the biggest winner last night it was the independents ukip is behind them no seriously labour tory or ukip werent the winners it was the no party self made councillor who stood as an independent.but thats not big news.lets not get in the way of the truth.
Yeh know i thought yeh were just blinkered @ biased, but i was wrong.
Old 03-05-2013, 22:37   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
The usual semi-literate gobbledegook from you I see. The big news was that UKIP enjoyed a huge upsurge in support. I could put numerous links on from today's news to illustrate that fact but I'm sure most people have seen it for themselves. Your lot and the Tories had better waken up and smell the coffee!
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 04-05-2013, 00:59   #29
God Member

but there is more independents than ukip. There is 44 more ,but the lib dems losing their deposit again.will there be a vote of no confidence for nick clegg ?by the lib dems thus splitting the coalition.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:09   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The usual semi-literate gobbledegook from you I see. The big news was that UKIP enjoyed a huge upsurge in support. I could put numerous links on from today's news to illustrate that fact but I'm sure most people have seen it for themselves. Your lot and the Tories had better waken up and smell the coffee!
Reckon both of em are too dense to wake up n smell the coffee, cmon certainly is a good example.
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..