Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: SHOULD THE UNEMPLOYED BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ?
yes 17 89.47%
no 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 23:11   #46
God Member

Re: should the unemployed be allowed to vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst no doubt there are people conning the system, Many are Not, but thats a typical tory way of looking at things.
i wasnt aware it was refering to only families on benefits but your right it is the way of the tory to assume that anyone on benefits and dares to have any form of luxury is a cheat.God forbid somone be working and getting tax credits and dare to pay a relativly small fee for a basic sky bundle with internet and entertainment for the family.

i was going to say a lot more but to be honest im sick to death of hearing about how good people on benefits have it with their new cars and big tv's just because one or two people make certain red top papers headlines.

its not true its proppoganda crap spewed out to make people who work think its the people on benefits fault they get taxed heavily when in fact its tehir employer been allowed to pay them crap wages and government blowing money away hand over fist with the only option of screwing us harder to get more money to piff away
Less, Eric, BERNADETTE and 1 others like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2013, 23:26   #47
Junior Member+

should the unemployed be allowed to vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i wasnt aware it was refering to only families on benefits but your right it is the way of the tory to assume that anyone on benefits and dares to have any form of luxury is a cheat.God forbid somone be working and getting tax credits and dare to pay a relativly small fee for a basic sky bundle with internet and entertainment for the family.

i was going to say a lot more but to be honest im sick to death of hearing about how good people on benefits have it with their new cars and big tv's just because one or two people make certain red top papers headlines.

its not true its proppoganda crap spewed out to make people who work think its the people on benefits fault they get taxed heavily when in fact its tehir employer been allowed to pay them crap wages and government blowing money away hand over fist with the only option of screwing us harder to get more money to piff away
Here here
William Jobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

The problem starts when its more profitable to lie in bed than even try to find employment, anybody who thinks this is right is living in cloud cuckoo land. Benefits were put in place as a safety net not a way of life.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13   #49
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The problem starts when its more profitable to lie in bed than even try to find employment, anybody who thinks this is right is living in cloud cuckoo land. Benefits were put in place as a safety net not a way of life.
I don't think anyone on here has stated that choosing not to work and living on benefits is right.

However I think the majority of folk aren't like you and realise that the majority on benefits aren't trying to screw the system.

Last time around your lot put all the blame on the unemployed, 'get on your bikes' you shouted, now you have gone even further, acting like Jesus and telling sick and disabled to 'pick up their beds and work'.

You really are acting like a Tory version of c'mon when you justify picking on the vulnerable rather than the guilty.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Less; 06-05-2013 at 09:15.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I don't think anyone on here has stated that choosing not to work and living on benefits is right.

However I think the majority of folk aren't like you and realise that the majority on benefits aren't trying to screw the system.

Last time around your lot put all the blame on the unemployed, 'get on your bikes' you shouted, now you have gone even further, acting like Jesus and telling sick and disabled to 'pick up their beds and work'.

You really are acting like a Tory version of c'mon when you justify picking on the vulnerable rather than the guilty.
Explain to me why DLA claims shot up from 200,000 to 700,500 in ten years even though there are great advances in medical cures, Being disabled myself I tend to notice when people only use a wheelchair and walking stick when the go for hospital check ups, when ambulance drivers have to help a person back to his home, then ten minutes later he skips down the path taking the dog for an hour long walk before getting into his mobility car to go shopping, your supposedly not to be able to walk or virtually unable to walk to drive one, funny old world Less if you take off the rose coloured specks for a minute or two

Last edited by jaysay; 06-05-2013 at 09:36.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Explain to me why DLA claims shot up from 200,000 to 700,500 in ten years even though there are great advances in medical cures
In ten years immigration has also increased a fair bit, That could also be a factor in this, I really don't know the reasons, but seems you are fully informed.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In ten years immigration has also increased a fair bit, That could also be a factor in this, I really don't know the reasons, but seems you are fully informed.
notice I've added to that post since you read the original
Old 06-05-2013, 09:43   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As I've posted I do open my eyes a bit Cashy, my problem is being disable it irks me right of when people fain illness for monetary gain. Genuine cases could receive more if we sorted the leeches out from the system, and to think its just a few minor cases, well
Old 06-05-2013, 09:44   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Explain to me why DLA claims shot up from 200,000 to 700,500 in ten years even though there are great advances in medical cures
Do you honestly think that this increase you claim of 500,500 new claims are all scroungers?

Could it be that the great medical advances have actually kept people alive but not necessarily, made them fit to fend for themselves?

You spent 20 years claiming because you were ill not because you were a scrounger, I'm sure you would rather have been fit and working, no doubt the Majority of folk you are blaming for our woes would also like an alternative to being ill.

Once again I suggest that you pick on the guilty few, not the vulnerable majority.
accyman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:42   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
As I've posted I do open my eyes a bit Cashy, my problem is being disable it irks me right of when people fain illness for monetary gain. Genuine cases could receive more if we sorted the leeches out from the system, and to think its just a few minor cases, well
It irks most decent people,me in particular, but i don't slag em all, cos many more are genuine, summat you never seem to mention or notice? The cheats are a different kettle of fish, but not when you comment.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Could it be that the great medical advances have actually kept people alive but not necessarily, made them fit to fend for themselves?
the way the torys have turned the public against the sick the first question people will ask when going for treatment for things liek cancer wont be whats my chances of success but will i be able to do a full weeks work after my operation and will i be back to work before my 2 week sicknote runs out.

how dare these new medicines keep people with parkinsons dissease alive longer without ensuring the can work is another example
Less and Alan Varrechia like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 06-05-2013 at 10:54.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
notice I've added to that post since you read the original
Yeh yeh have added "NOTHING" that mentions the majority of innocents, all yeh done is highlighted again cheating, pathetic really.
Less and MargaretR like this.
Old 06-05-2013, 14:53   #58
God Member

was it not the tories who brought d.l.a. in in 1992.so that was 21 years ago.so jaysay, i think youve got your figures wrong lol you meant 20 years.at the end of 1992 there was 52,000 on dla,at the end of 1997 there was 217,000.so eleven years later there was 382,000 so thats 165,000 more in eleven years.so if you add the figures up the tories put 170,000 on dla labour put 165,000.jaysay you need to get your figures right before you start pouting off lol
Old 06-05-2013, 14:56   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
was it not the tories who brought d.l.a. in in 1992.so that was 21 years ago.so jaysay, i think youve got your figures wrong lol you meant 20 years.at the end of 1992 there was 52,000 on dla,at the end of 1997 there was 217,000.so eleven years later there was 382,000 so thats 165,000 more in eleven years.so if you add the figures up the tories put 170,000 on dla labour put 165,000.jaysay you need to get your figures right before you start pouting off lol
I recall that time - people were encouraged to move from unemployment benefit to sickness benefits so that it would appear that the unemployment figures were going down.
Less, cashman, cmonstanley and 2 others like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:05   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I recall that time - people were encouraged to move from unemployment benefit to sickness benefits so that it would appear that the unemployment figures were going down.
Yeh but some seem to have forgotten that fact.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..