Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: SHOULD THE UNEMPLOYED BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ?
yes 17 89.47%
no 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 15:09   #61
God Member

Re: should the unemployed be allowed to vote?

well said, people who were in the know have told me this.
Old 06-05-2013, 16:31   #62
God Member

i can think of another group of people that dont work and screw the tax payer for every penny they can.Sat at home with their sky tv,big tv,expensive wines and such

sacked polititions

they get voted out for doing a crap job and get a payout for teh rest of tehir lives yet have done nothing to deserve it

if we get fired we get called scroungers infact if you get fired you dont get benefit or have to wait a while before you can

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:18   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Do you honestly think that this increase you claim of 500,500 new claims are all scroungers?

Could it be that the great medical advances have actually kept people alive but not necessarily, made them fit to fend for themselves?

You spent 20 years claiming because you were ill not because you were a scrounger, I'm sure you would rather have been fit and working, no doubt the Majority of folk you are blaming for our woes would also like an alternative to being ill.

Once again I suggest that you pick on the guilty few, not the vulnerable majority.
Less I've always said that those in need should get more and would if the ones pulling the wool were disqualified. I can't help but wondering why the system was changed, back when I first became unfit for work, you had a full medical every 26 weeks. Okay they're doing that now but, it should be carried out by doctors, but it sure as hell worked back then. The only difference with me was that I pleaded with the doc not to dump me on the scrap heap, but he wouldn't hear of it, all could say was you're not going to get better your only going to get worse. However, I do have a massive insight into disabled people because I ran the local branch of a national charity for five years, and came across some very iffy people. in fact the people wanting help the majority were no more disabled that your old cat. One guy in particular wanted help to obtain mobility allowance, he was asthmatic or so he said, I told him which form to get and if he wanted I'd help him fill it in, he arrived at my place, you've an idea where abouts that is, with his wife and he was carrying a small child, I just said where did you park your car, oh I haven't got one we came on the bus, but we got of two stops too early at the Town Hall and walked it here. I couldn't believe my ears, I said have you read this form, no he said, well it might be an idea if you did, it says the applicant must only be unable to walk or virtually unable to, and the last thing it say is to give false information disqualifies. He wasn't happy went I refused to aid and abet in a fraud and he left, this was not an isolated case believe me not by a long way
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:25   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Less I've always said that those in need should get more and would if the ones pulling the wool were disqualified.
So you hope to gain personally from the austerity measures.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:34   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So you hope to gain personally from the austerity measures.
No Margaret, I don't claim all the benefits I'm entitle to now, why should I, what could I spend it on, I contribute to my care, have all I need food wise, it even runs to a glass of fire water at weekends So unless they've started putting money in shrouds what's the point of letting it stagnate in my bank account
Old 06-05-2013, 17:39   #66
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Less I've always said that those in need should get more and would if the ones pulling the wool were disqualified. I can't help but wondering why the system was changed, back when I first became unfit for work, you had a full medical every 26 weeks. Okay they're doing that now but, it should be carried out by doctors, but it sure as hell worked back then. The only difference with me was that I pleaded with the doc not to dump me on the scrap heap, but he wouldn't hear of it, all could say was you're not going to get better your only going to get worse. However, I do have a massive insight into disabled people because I ran the local branch of a national charity for five years, and came across some very iffy people. in fact the people wanting help the majority were no more disabled that your old cat. One guy in particular wanted help to obtain mobility allowance, he was asthmatic or so he said, I told him which form to get and if he wanted I'd help him fill it in, he arrived at my place, you've an idea where abouts that is, with his wife and he was carrying a small child, I just said where did you park your car, oh I haven't got one we came on the bus, but we got of two stops too early at the Town Hall and walked it here. I couldn't believe my ears, I said have you read this form, no he said, well it might be an idea if you did, it says the applicant must only be unable to walk or virtually unable to, and the last thing it say is to give false information disqualifies. He wasn't happy went I refused to aid and abet in a fraud and he left, this was not an isolated case believe me not by a long way
You are only saying what everyone else has said but going about it the long way round.

Crack down on the scroungers not the innocent!

We know they are out there, we also know they are the ones that stand the best chance of staying on the benefits because the really, genuinely ill people don't lie at their test and are punished for it, by this system.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 17:49   #67
God Member

Quote:
No Margaret, I don't claim all the benefits I'm entitle to now, why should I, what could I spend it on, I contribute to my care, have all I need food wise, it even runs to a glass of fire water at weekends So unless they've started putting money in shrouds what's the point of letting it stagnate in my bank account
What are these 'extra benefits' you volunteer to deny yourself?

If you are provided with free prescriptions, home visits from GP dentist optician and chiropodist, fresh air, subsidised home help, retirement pension, and possibly pension credit, council tax and housing benefit what is left to be 'unclaimed'?
Is it that you think you are quite expensive already?

Old 06-05-2013, 17:55   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What are these 'extra benefits' you volunteer to deny yourself?

If you are provided with free prescriptions, home visits from GP dentist optician and chiropodist, fresh air, subsidised home help, retirement pension, and possibly pension credit, council tax and housing benefit what is left to be 'unclaimed'?
Is it that you think you are quite expensive already?
Wish I wasn't Margaret believe me, would sooner be having this debate face to face with Less and co over a pint in the Railway As for what I don't claim for, sorry that's on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know
Old 06-05-2013, 18:11   #69
God Member

I am proud to say that I claim nothing other than Retirement Pension which I paid Nat Insurance for - I choose not to use the NHS either.

The 35 years of work full time has provided me with enough by way of a pension.

That doesn't mean I begrudge anybody claiming what the law entitles them to. The 35 years I worked was spent helping them to do just that.(in DHSS - now DWP)

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-05-2013 at 18:17.
Old 06-05-2013, 18:54   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am proud to say that I claim nothing other than Retirement Pension which I paid Nat Insurance for - I choose not to use the NHS either.

The 35 years of work full time has provided me with enough by way of a pension.

That doesn't mean I begrudge anybody claiming what the law entitles them to. The 35 years I worked was spent helping them to do just that.(in DHSS - now DWP)
My Mother and Father were the same Margaret, but my father only had extra on his pension for a very serious injury he had at work, otherwise they got nowt else, I would think your pension would have started off as superannuation wouldn't.
Old 06-05-2013, 20:30   #71
God Member

talking about william hague who remembers this? who are the real scroungers Skeletons in ministers? closets (or indeed bedrooms) come back to haunt them | Vox Political
Old 06-05-2013, 21:07   #72
God Member

Quote:
My Mother and Father were the same Margaret, but my father only had extra on his pension for a very serious injury he had at work, otherwise they got nowt else, I would think your pension would have started off as superannuation wouldn't.
Most people are under the impression that civil service pensions were 'non contributory'. Technically 'yes' but actually 'no'.

For most of my 35 years there, pay scales were set by a pay comparison quango which looked at comparable occupations in the private sector then made a deduction for the 'non contributory perk'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..