Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should the next government repeal this law
yes 8 80.00%
no 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2013, 10:51   #1
God Member

should this law be repealed ?

as the propaganda spews out about the big bad nhs ,the government is destroying employment laws by the back door.im telling you the national minimum wage is next. now if you are unfairly sacked or treated unfairly in employment you will have to pay an upfront fee BBC News - Fees for employment tribunals begin . im asking this question because there is a pressure group being set up to pressurise the labour leadership to repeal this law if they win the next general election.
Old 29-07-2013, 11:01   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: should this law be repealed ?

The pressure should be applied on the barstewards that are introducing it, not wait fer next election, Its a law to please bad bosses. simple as.
Old 29-07-2013, 11:02   #3
God Member

Sports Direct: 90% of staff on zero-hour contracts and these are the jobs the tories say they are creating zero hour contracts
pallyman likes this.
Old 29-07-2013, 16:41   #4

Shouldn't have been introduced in the first place, reeks of pleb know thy place.

Lidl's are looking for a housekeeper 10 hours a week.
BERNADETTE likes this.
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 17:45   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I would expect the union to pay these fees after all we join unions to get support when we need it. I also expect that people will try and claim back the costs when they win at tribunal.

I don't think I agree with the charges and would like to know why they have introduced them.
Old 29-07-2013, 18:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Problem wi that Neil,is many firms these days are non-union, The cow who recently croaked made sure of that. Having been to a tribunal recently i doubt very much if costs are part of any settlement.
BERNADETTE and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 29-07-2013, 19:38   #7

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

I think we've bumped heads on this one before Cashy. I'm obviously in a minority but I agree with this change.

Small employers who dismiss dollopers are then threatened with tribunal, even though there is no doubt that the employer will win, it's usually cheaper to pay them off with a nominal sum than to spend man hours preparing documentation, sending and resending spurious information requested by the coffin chasers representing, then adding the travel and associated hours costs of actually attending the tribunal.

I have no doubt that there are some real cruddy employers out there, but the tribunal law as it stood was open to abuse, and the rise in figures for claims over the last ten years prove it.
jaysay likes this.

Last edited by Guinness; 29-07-2013 at 19:42.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 20:47   #8
God Member

as far as im concerned a zero hour contract is just a different way of saying unemployed but i bet folk on zero hours per week dont appear on unemployment figures.
Bagpuss and cmonstanley like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 20:55   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I think we've bumped heads on this one before Cashy. I'm obviously in a minority but I agree with this change.

Small employers who dismiss dollopers are then threatened with tribunal, even though there is no doubt that the employer will win, it's usually cheaper to pay them off with a nominal sum than to spend man hours preparing documentation, sending and resending spurious information requested by the coffin chasers representing, then adding the travel and associated hours costs of actually attending the tribunal.

I have no doubt that there are some real cruddy employers out there, but the tribunal law as it stood was open to abuse, and the rise in figures for claims over the last ten years prove it.
As far as i'm concerned that argument holds no water, It was altered by the dead cow, from 6 months to 12 months n then 2 years fer n employer to dismiss a worker with no redress, if n employer aint sussed a dolloper out in 2 years then they are stupid in my book.
accyman and gpick24 like this.
Old 29-07-2013, 22:13   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

I actually disagree there has only been a slight rise due to population rise vince cable said there was a 44% rise but this is the coalition massaging the figures again to suit their agenda.if an employer employs a walloper they have a year to get rid as nobody has any employment rights till after 2 years . Factcheck: Have employment tribunal cases increased 44 per cent in two years? | Full Fact
Old 29-07-2013, 22:15   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
as far as im concerned a zero hour contract is just a different way of saying unemployed but i bet folk on zero hours per week dont appear on unemployment figures.
nearly 70% of jobs in the jobcentre have zero hours
Old 30-07-2013, 00:11   #12
God Member

so if your on working tax credits how do you make ends meet because to qualify for working tax credit you have to work 16 hours per week.Any less and you loose thatmoney as well

im not sorry but if you think zero hour contracts are acceptable your no better than teh scum running this country

harsh ?

not as harsh as finding out you have no work the next week and no means to feed yourself , put money in teh gas and electricity meters and pay the rent
cmonstanley and pallyman like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-07-2013, 09:53   #13
God Member

they also drain resources in the revenue and customs chasing and changing every 5 days. so work is increased while staffing levels go down
Old 30-07-2013, 14:04   #14
God Member

Its a scam to con people out of any benefits or help they get and to fudge unemployment figures

first they attack the vulnerable and disabled in society and now they are going after people who work but need a little help

Old 30-07-2013, 14:14   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

should this law be repealed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Its a scam to con people out of any benefits or help they get and to fudge unemployment figures

first they attack the vulnerable and disabled in society and now they are going after people who work but need a little help
Well, if they are doing an honest days work surely that is reward in itself?

They should be grateful that, with work being so scarce, they have been chosen to have their time filled without the frustration the idle ne'er do wells claiming the dole and doing ****** all to improve their lot have to put up with.

Anyone that believes any of the above is practical for a 'we're all in it together society, deserves to choke on their own balls!'

Last edited by Less; 30-07-2013 at 14:18.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..