Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 18:56   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Shower question

Could the problem be due to Lime scale in your pipes.Not allowing enough water to flow through ??????? Suffer a lot from that over here.De limescale the pipes and shower head about every 3 months and its brill
Old 07-01-2006, 19:11   #17
Senior Member+

Depends on the MCW temperature coming in to the appliance, manufacturers quote a hot flow rate, or temperature rise at certain MCW temperatures, the weather we have been experiencing with temperatures of -4*C etc will mean a reduction in temperature at the appliance outlet, combi-boiler, or electric shower. The nominal temperature rise quoted is normally about 35*C

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 19:31   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
Could the problem be due to Lime scale in your pipes.Not allowing enough water to flow through ??????? Suffer a lot from that over here.De limescale the pipes and shower head about every 3 months and its brill
I dont think thats he's problem as he is getting 12L/min on cold setting so the water is flowing OK

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 19:26   #19
God Member

Thanks everyone for info up to now.

There is no problem with the supply as I mentioned on cold I get 12 litres/min. It is as soon as the heating element kicks in that the pressure drops dramatically. The flow it then constant whether its on number 2 or number 9. There are 3 flow settings on it and the difference is negligable on any setting.
Teh engineer is coming next week so we'll see what he says

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 23:06   #20
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Thats how electric showers heat the water mr wisp, if its crumby its cos its low powered

Hee hee. It's Mrs Whisp (or Buswhisp!) The shower we've got now doesn't work that way, it keeps a constant pressure whatever the temperature.

The old one used to fluctuate so wildly that if you turned it down to "warmish" then the pressure was sometimes such that it flung the shower head back and water shot across the room above the curtain! We do have quite strong water pressure here which is great compared to where we used to live which was a trickle at times.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 19:28   #21
God Member

are you sure its a normal electric shower? whispy, the only way to adjust temperature would be to adjust the heating element levels or to adjust the flow.
AS for the above it sounds like a faulty flow control valve, I'll check in a bit how it works, im on a break atm. i cant remember of the top of my head, but it sounds like a fault I had on one.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 19:36   #22
God Member

Bloke is coming on Friday

We'll see what he says

Old 09-01-2006, 19:49   #23
Resident Waffler

There are two controls on our shower Madhatter, one controls the amount of water and the other controls the temperture. We can have oodles of pressure at any temperature or a trickle at any temperature, or anything in between.

I don't know if that's abnormal or not but we got it brand new in May last year.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 19:53   #24
God Member

It's normal, it's just that its a good one whispy.

Last edited by Madhatter; 10-01-2006 at 18:14.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 10:20   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's Friday Ian. Is it fixed now?
Old 13-01-2006, 10:20   #26
God Member

What an Absolute joker!!!

Turned up,

I put the shower on explaining that it is only producing 3 litres/min

"Oh no, thats fine that is, thats at least 4 and a half litres" he says looking at the trickle coming out the shower head.

"Just how can you say that? " I asked. explaining I had measured it 4 times with a jug the other day.

"Nowt wrong with it. You lot all expect power showers" says he.

I go and get a jug (1litre to brim) and something to time with.

He starts filing the jug up and when its 3/4 full empties it and says "1 litre!"

I point out it was nowhere near a litre and he has a hissy fit. I then meaure a full minute flow filling the jug to the top. 3 litres takes 63 seconds.

He says "No, that was 4, you were spilling loads" despite the fact I wasn't.

At this point I just said "If you aren't going to do anything you may as well leave, I'll ring Mira back and get them to send someone who will"

He goes off proper style. starts grabbing the book and showing me this graph with temp/flow shouting look, 35 degrees gives 3 litres flow, only I did Maths at Uni and I know how to read a graph and at 35 degrees it clearly shows 4 litres.

At this point I asked him to leave. He asked me to sign his work sheet and I said yes, I started to write that I wasn't happy and the job was not complete to my satisfaction and he rips the paper out my hands and starts ranting again!

At this point I opened the door and he went out slamming it as he went!

Anyway, I've rung Mira back and said I want someone else as I was disgusted with him. and they said they will try and send the area manager.

Next update will be posted!

Old 13-01-2006, 11:36   #27
God Member

whoah you go for it Ian. All that straight after your op! I'm proud of you

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 12:10   #28
Senior Member+

It is so annoying when people try to assure you there are right when infact they clearly are not!! well said.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 12:24   #29
Clearly Classy.......

wow he wasn't planning on meeting you then was he Ian?..........you remind me of someone.......think I married him!!!

Nice to have you back btw........hope your on the mend.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 12:33   #30
God Member

If there is one thing I hate it is people trying to take the pee. He had no intent on doing anything and was obviously paid by the job so quicker in/out the better for him. I don't think he expected someone who had made sure they had the facts to hand and weren't going to be led a merry dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps
you remind me of someone.......think I married him!!!
Oh no!!!! being compared to NEIL of all blokes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..