Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2012, 08:14   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Stephen Hester- the ultimate sacrifice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
no one has actually worked out that by taking his bonus the gov gets ~ half of it in tax... if he refuses it then the money stays in the Bank funds and the taxpayer gets nowt.....

should he get paid a bonus? I'd say yes if he has met the targets that were set, should it be so much? probably not but at these levels numbers do become detached form real value that you and I talk about.
I shouldn't imagine too many folk are concerned wi that, More concerned wi the fact that many are losing money,working longer ect, Yet Cameron says were all in this together............. Not those who actually caused this banking mess, can have big bonuses.
Old 30-01-2012, 08:26   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He might have some shonky accountant for a friend, and evade as much tax as possible.
The large companies seem to get away with tax avoidance by legal loophole....which is just the same as tax evasion. It is high time these loopholes were closed.
I am not against people being paid extra for good work.....but why don't other people(your garage mechanic, butcher the till operator at Tesco) get the same perks when they have done a good job.
This man gets paid a damn fine salary.......more than us plebs earn in a lifetime.
I agree with most of what you say Margaret, think the only difference we have is, well, I don't give a monkey's what anybody else earns really, that's never bothered me, I always used to be too busy making sure I earned enough. Even today it doesn't bother me that much, so long as I can meet my own outgoings I'm quite happy, the thing is I don't even claim the full amount of benefits I could get, you may ask why, well I'm happy with what I get, it meets my needs, I don't smoke, drink very little, no need to buy clothes, I only wear tracky pants a footy shirts (they don't need ironing)I don't go on holiday, so why do I need more money. There may come the day that I will have the need of more cash, but until then I'll carry on as I am
Old 31-01-2012, 17:02   #33
Give, give, give member

Fred Goodwin stripped of his knighthood.

What a shame.

Still, he has enough money to buy another gong, just as soon as the dust's settled.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..