Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 18:46   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Synergistic Spending in Hyndburn

Hoo r yu calin comon?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2010, 09:24   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Strangely enough, (but don't tell anyone), I have no respect for him, any well educated Tory that deluberittly makes speeling musteks just to fit in with the common man, must be treated with suspension.
Well educated Less I'll have you know my school was aproved mate
Old 07-11-2010, 18:50   #93
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think we may have a lot in common then Ken only my gibberish is usually only a couple of lines long, unlike yours which very often are a contender to overtake War And Peace in the length stakes
My lexicographical musings may only succeed in inflaming your Conservative-leaning anger, but rest assured my good man that would that it were that I were capable of writing such an epistemologically challenging tome such as War and Peace I would not presume such a liberty within the confines of such a popular internet discussion forum embodied in the manifestation that is Accyweb.

Innit?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group

Last edited by Ken Moss; 07-11-2010 at 18:54. Reason: Spelling...would you credit it?
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 18:52   #94
Senior Member+

wat?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 18:53   #95
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your the nearest Kate, Britcliffe Bashing, thought everybody would have got within seconds
Ah, the wag reveals himself.

Don't worry, according to my own source within the Tory party he will be able to get his own back by making his presence felt on Tuesday night at the Rishton Area Management Council meeting.

Brave decision. I must admit to a certain admiration for the man if he goes through with it, particularly considering that I will be in possession of a microphone and he won't.

Old 07-11-2010, 18:59   #96
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Ah, the wag reveals himself.

Don't worry, according to my own source within the Tory party he will be able to get his own back by making his presence felt on Tuesday night at the Rishton Area Management Council meeting.

Brave decision. I must admit to a certain admiration for the man if he goes through with it, particularly considering that I will be in possession of a microphone and he won't.
Perhaps he's found a little rule somewhere that if the Main man says he will turn up then cancels, the meeting can't continue?

He's found a reason for everything else to be cancelled.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 19:11   #97
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
For some reason, John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby & Mr.Gryle come to mind, can't quite think why though.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 19:14   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
My lexicographical musings may only succeed in inflaming your Conservative-leaning anger, but rest assured my good man that would that it were that I were capable of writing such an epistemologically challenging tome such as War and Peace I would not presume such a liberty within the confines of such a popular internet discussion forum embodied in the manifestation that is Accyweb.

Innit?
Have you been watching that episode of Blackadder,concerning Dr Johnson and his dictionary?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 20:17   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I will be in possession of a microphone and he won't.

Yes, but who'll have the Vaseline?

Let battle commence.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 20:18   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
For some reason, John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby & Mr.Gryle come to mind, can't quite think why though.

You're so worldly.

I was picturing Citizen Smith.

Up the Tooting Popular Front!

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43   #101
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Is it any wonder there is little respect for local politicians with comments like that?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:22   #102
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Have you been watching that episode of Blackadder,concerning Dr Johnson and his dictionary?
No, although with hindsight it may be argued that I have placed a supererogatory burden on this thread by trying to elevate the use of stylised prose to a hitherto unknown zenith, therefore placing a heavier burden on the semantics of the English language than it should be reasonably expected to bear when discussing something as reasonably innoccuous as 'the common man'.

I blame Hitler, as per the internet discussion theory postulated by Less some time ago.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:34   #103
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it any wonder there is little respect for local politicians with comments like that?
Whereas I am quite content to accept the fact that I have much to learn, and indeed went to Ossy to do so, I doubt there is much that I can teach the Leader of the Council so the implication that he will turn up to Rishton must surely be something simply to unsettle a particularly irksome opposition backbencher.

With respect to the Oswaldtwistle AMC we picked up some useful tips, so much so that we're wondering if we can fit everything in tomorrow night.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:19   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
In truth, I've read very little on here, in which posts weren't respectful, whatever that means, to our local councillors.

True, people do grumble about politcal parties, and some policy decisions. Nationally, and locally.

Most people usually comment that it is a hard job, and they are often in a no win situation.

For centuries Britain has satirised politics, and those who choose to enter it. From eighteenth century pamphleters, nineteenth century newpaper cartoonists, to today's television shows.

It's a release mechanism, born of frustration, and the notion that it's often better to laugh, rather than cry.

Long may it continue.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:28   #105
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Should I keep my eyes skinned for magic bullets?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..